AuthorTopic: Saddest Anime/Manga of all time?  (Read 41980 times)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
Re: Saddest Anime/Manga of all time?
« Reply #60 on: May 23 2005, 12:02 am »
if your read the posts above the one before yours.. you'll see a bunch of posts on grave of the fireflies..

tsubasa's episode this week was pretty sad.. well all in all tsubasa is a pretty sad anime.. well if you know how to look at it. i mean like sakura forgetting about the one she loves.. how can that not be sad.. AH!!! and then syaoran having to just face these facts.. and he'll never know that she loved him before.. oh man that's just truely sad.. *sniff sniff
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline aLie-ChAn

• New Fan
  • LiFe iZ jUzT a RolleR cOasTeR..u Juz GottA RiDe iT
« Reply #61 on: May 23 2005, 12:39 am »
HAI??!! furuba has ended????????
~ WhereveR U ArE , WuteveR U Do, JuZ RemembeR , I WilL Be AlwayZ ThinkinG oF U....~

Offline Spirit0

• Anime: The Anti-Drug
« Reply #62 on: May 25 2005, 05:37 am »
HAI??!! furuba has ended????????

Furuba the anime has ended (the manga is still going on, right?)

But yeah, I agree that Furuba is one of the saddest (if not THE saddest) anime I've ever seen.... It still makes me cry every time!!!  *sobs*
Well, love's a liar and... A side effect not labeled on the prescription we call life.

Offline xx_chibirosie_xx

• Obsessed Fan
  • h-o-r-w-a-r-d...horward!! >.<
« Reply #63 on: May 25 2005, 08:29 am »

But yeah, I agree that Furuba is one of the saddest (if not THE saddest) anime I've ever seen.... It still makes me cry every time!!! *sobs*

I agree with you!!  No matter how many times I watch it, its still makes me wanna cry... :cry:

Offline aLie-ChAn

• New Fan
  • LiFe iZ jUzT a RolleR cOasTeR..u Juz GottA RiDe iT
« Reply #64 on: May 26 2005, 11:13 pm »

But yeah, I agree that Furuba is one of the saddest (if not THE saddest) anime I've ever seen.... It still makes me cry every time!!! *sobs*
oh~! now i get it....N yup, da manga is still goin on, soooo sad...T__T
~ WhereveR U ArE , WuteveR U Do, JuZ RemembeR , I WilL Be AlwayZ ThinkinG oF U....~

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #65 on: May 27 2005, 02:05 am »
I haven't cried at Furuba anime yet....but the plots involving Yuki's 'crushed' spirit are realy sad, I agree.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #66 on: May 28 2005, 12:20 pm »
I agree too, but it takes alot to make me cry, so its rare when an anime makes me sad ^^
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #67 on: September 10 2005, 04:34 am »
Top three saddest animes

1st: TRC - Sakura will never remember growing up with Sayoran  :cry:

2nd: Chrono Crusade -
Show content
Almost all of the main characters die, and Aion just walks away.

3rd: Fullmetal Alchemist -
Show content
Everyone lost so much, and nobody really benefited from it.

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:
Dragonia - Imoto-Chan, moonprincess18 - Imoto-Chan
moezy-chan - Onee-San, KawaiiHana - Itoko
KuroPuppy  - Onii-San, Tooya_Mizuki - Onii-San
Zeldi - Imoto-Chan, Starfire - Imoto-Chan
Okamirei - Imoto-Chan, Ralea - Imoto-Chan
OniiChanTouya-Itoko, princess_kakurine - Imoto-Chan, Moon Hime - Imoto Chan

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #68 on: September 10 2005, 08:17 pm »
Well, I'd have to say, Full Moon wo sagshite is one of the, if not, THE ONLY Anime I've watched so far that has made me cry while watching it. I got so sad while watching the last few episodes.
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #69 on: September 11 2005, 05:48 am »
I always thought the movie, Grave of The Fireflies was very sad. The saddest anime movie I've seen.
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline lycide

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #70 on: September 11 2005, 10:39 am »
Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket and Fushigi Yugi always make me cry when I watch them.  :sad10:

Offline Adarian

• Master of the Cards
  • Good Fan
  • Every man dies but not every man really lives
« Reply #71 on: September 12 2005, 12:18 pm »
Since Hideo Kojima is a revolutionary anime director, I consider his Metal Gear Solid game series anime, so I would definately say that the whole Metal Gear series is really tearjerking.

Other than that, I'd say TRC is pretty sad so far, but it depends on the ending.

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #72 on: September 12 2005, 02:46 pm »
Evangelion had a confuse ending
but all the characters had a really sad past
Shinji:
her mother died and his father abandoned him, he was confuse thinking that no ones loved him, he didn't know why he was the pilot of the evangelion.
Rei:
she had no feelings, she was only a clon or something like that, she didn't know what she was. she was used to create the destruction of the world.
Asuka:
her mother kill herself, and she saw her death body (but i really didn't like asuka)
Misato:
Her father died to protect her. she was the only survivor of the impact. his boyfriend died

the point that this serie has many sad moments. :(

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #73 on: September 12 2005, 02:48 pm »
I haven't read this whole thread, but tell me SOMEONE has said X or Tokyo Babylon? Come ON, it doesn't GET much sadder than that! Pretty much everyone Kamui knows dies or molests him and Tokyo Babylon is the shounen-ai Romeo and Juliet! *melodramatic voice* "For there never was a story of more woe, than that of Subaru.. and his Seishirou..." *sniff* It's beautiful... And what about Azumanga Daioh?! Huh? Poor Osaka lost her shoe to a truck! (I'm just kidding about that, people...)
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #74 on: September 12 2005, 08:56 pm »
Evangelion wasnt really confusing... some people just had a hard time understanding what the heck its about! haha! I always get asked questions about it when i suddenly start talking (mainly babbling. lol) about it on forums since they dont really get it (but only moments like... was Rei really a clone?). -_-

a sad anime that's made me cry so far was Fruits Basket. thats about it. o.o"

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #75 on: September 13 2005, 03:32 am »
Everyone keeps on saying Fruits Basket was sad... What the heck happened? *doesn't read Fruits Basket and always thought it was just a random happy shoujo manga*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #76 on: September 13 2005, 06:14 am »
I catagorize it Comedy/Drama. Most (if not all) characters have sad or depressing lives in the anime. The comedy is just there for enlightment. lol. I wont comment on the manga seeing as I've YET to read it! :keke:

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 16 2005, 11:06 am »
Everyone says Fruits Basket is sad... I don't...
A. Everyone has a sad past, but Tohru is definitely gonna bring the family a brighter future.
B. The anime ended with everyone still living together.

Yes, I agree with Akai Yuki, X and Tokyo Babylon are few of the saddest anime/manga. People suffer in Fruits Basket, but they are still alive, they have a chance to turn it around.
Sorata lost his chance to develop his relationship with Arashi just when it was about to begin; Kakyou is never gonna wake up because Hokuto's not coming back; Kamui will always be a beaten- up dog because the girl he likes turns into french fries (chop, chop chop); worst of all, Subaru is going to live all alone since Hokuto is dead and now Seishirou, too (presumeably in hell for him).
People in X/Tokyo Babylon died, and they are not coming back, yet their existence is what the surviving characters need to fill in the void in their souls. Unlike Fruits Basket w/ Tohru around, nothing in X/Tokyo Babylon can help repair the damages being done.

Well... unless the author of Fruits Basket decides to hit the characters where it hurts, cut off their sole spiritual comfort- kill off Tohru at the end... NO, NO, NO, She would not dare... :shifty:

Oh, btw, There's another sad CLAMP- RG Veda. Very much like X, Ryu-chan is the first, kinda unexpected... not only that almost 99% of the characters were killed (brutally, I might add), not a lot of god races are left. Either they end up like Yasha, Souma, and Asura, losing everyone but the lords, or like Kendappa, Naga, and Karura, there are still people, but they have no leaders. Six stars overthrew Taishakuten, but the whole world is a mess even until the end...

Offline yondaime

« Reply #78 on: April 18 2006, 05:09 am »
fullmetal alchemist.
rurouni kenshin
and naruto............fullmetal alchemist is sad cause of hugh's dieing. kenshin. his wife tomoe dies because he killed her. and he thought he let his step brother kill karou. he chained his sword so he can never use it again. naruto. everybody hat'e naruto and gaara. sasuke has no family. the 3rd hokage dies because he was sealing orochimaru's hands. and haku dies to protect zabuza

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #79 on: April 18 2006, 07:13 pm »
The middle of Full Moon o Sagashite
Show content
The ending was bad, it was too happy I mean I can accept Mitsuki living JUST, but bringing back Takuto and his voice was way too much, saddest part was when you find out that eichi died years ago and Mitsuki wants to do so she can be with him again
Fruits basket was sad but hasnt ended yet.
Its very sad how terrible Bleach got, does that count?