AuthorTopic: The Post Thread VIII (AKA The Meaningless Thread)  (Read 302496 times)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: The Post Thread VIII (AKA The Meaningless Thread)
« Reply #440 on: December 18 2005, 09:03 am »
*burns all HP books* I HATE THEM!!
*laughs maniacally*

(ask star.. she knows all about how much i hate them LOL)
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #441 on: December 18 2005, 09:04 am »
Noooo!!!
You're gonna get it Oniichan!!  :lol:

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #442 on: December 18 2005, 09:23 am »
*burns all HP books* I HATE THEM!!
*laughs maniacally*

(ask star.. she knows all about how much i hate them LOL)
Tis true,  It's sad.     :cry: 

I just mentioned them and he went Balistic!!
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline Shadeslayer

• Fire
  • "A True Fan"
  • *wink*
« Reply #443 on: December 19 2005, 08:55 am »
Wow...I never knew someone who hated HP so....passionately. Well, I guess I have now. :tongue3:

Amazing set by Eurydice! :keke:

Forum Family

Sisters: Dragonia, KawaiiHana, Charme, Monse-chan, Director Of Music, Okamirei, Lexi, Fai, Mizuki Kai, Star Wings and Wishingstarx

Aunt: Moon Li

moezychan

« Reply #444 on: December 19 2005, 09:22 am »
Minna-san, guess what?! Tomorrow I'm going to see The Chronicles of Narnia! I'm really looking forward to it! It looks so awesome, and I read all the books! I really want to see if they do a complete rendition, or if they add to it, or subtract from it!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #445 on: December 19 2005, 09:44 am »
I already saw Narnia, It's petty good. Only good for Peter and Susan, All the other characters aren't that good.

Wow...I never knew someone who hated HP so....passionately. Well, I guess I have now. :tongue3:
I don't hate HP.. The movies are really good. I just can't stand books in general :P

moezychan

« Reply #446 on: December 19 2005, 09:49 am »
I already saw Narnia, It's petty good. Only good for Peter and Susan, All the other characters aren't that good.

Have you read any of the books? They're wonderful in my opinion. My favorite is Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Offline Shadeslayer

• Fire
  • "A True Fan"
  • *wink*
« Reply #447 on: December 19 2005, 09:53 am »
Yeah, I've read the first three books when I was about seven, so I didn't really understand everything. I thought they were really pretty boring. :tongue3: Though, maybe I'll re-read them because I don't remember anything about it.

Forum Family

Sisters: Dragonia, KawaiiHana, Charme, Monse-chan, Director Of Music, Okamirei, Lexi, Fai, Mizuki Kai, Star Wings and Wishingstarx

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #448 on: December 19 2005, 09:55 am »
I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, Because we had to in Primary school.
It was one of those only books I liked (along with Northen Lights .. I think thats what it was called, Also done in Primary school)
Those are the only two books I really remmember actually liking and looking forward to read on :D

I wouldn't hate books so much If they were easier to read...
Maybe I could get someone to read me them ^^;; lol

moezychan

« Reply #449 on: December 19 2005, 10:00 am »
Yeah, I've read the first three books when I was about seven, so I didn't really understand everything. I thought they were really pretty boring. :tongue3: Though, maybe I'll re-read them because I don't remember anything about it.

If you read the first 3, then you read Voyage of the Dawn Treader. You thought that was boring?! Pirates, the open sea, a boy turning into a dragon, greed, gold! That was an excellent book! And you have to read the 6th book! It tells how the wardrobe became the entrance to Narnia! It ties in with everything! Read all the books, and I'll guaruntee you, you won't be disappointed!

I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, Because we had to in Primary school.
It was one of those only books I liked (along with Northen Lights .. I think thats what it was called, Also done in Primary school)
Those are the only two books I really remmember actually liking and looking forward to read on :D

I wouldn't hate books so much If they were easier to read...
Maybe I could get someone to read me them ^^;; lol

I also had to read the first one because it was an assignment. I was in the 5th grade. I liked it, so as I got older I found out that there were other books that followed it, and I really enjoyed them! I found them to be extrodinarily fantastic! C.S. Lewis is a genius when it comes to writing! At least in my opinion.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #450 on: December 19 2005, 10:03 am »
And you have to read the 6th book! It tells how the wardrobe became the entrance to Narnia! It ties in with everything!
which version are thinking of? That sounds a lot like the first book.
The old numerical system it's the 6th but in the new reworked version I believe that's the first.

damn CS Lewis and wanting to change the order of many books. lol

moezychan

« Reply #451 on: December 19 2005, 10:06 am »
which version are thinking of? That sounds a lot like the first book.
The old numerical system it's the 6th but in the new reworked version I believe that's the first.

damn CS Lewis and wanting to change the order of many books. lol

The 6th book is The Magician's Nephew. It's been a while since I read it, but it tells the story of the Professor when he was still a child, and how Narnia was created. And it's not like the 1st book, because it doesn't have Peter, Susan, Edmond, or Lucy. It does have Aslan though. And a really wicked witch! Excellent book!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #452 on: December 19 2005, 10:22 am »
The 6th book is The Magician's Nephew. It's been a while since I read it, but it tells the story of the Professor when he was still a child, and how Narnia was created. And it's not like the 1st book, because it doesn't have Peter, Susan, Edmond, or Lucy. It does have Aslan though. And a really wicked witch! Excellent book!
Yeah thats the first book in the remastered book number thingy, lol

haha... i'm tired..

Offline Shadeslayer

• Fire
  • "A True Fan"
  • *wink*
« Reply #453 on: December 19 2005, 11:03 am »
Hmmm...Im getting confused now. I thought The Magicians Nephew was the first book, that's what I read. Maybe I'll re-read the books. I really had no idea what was going on the first time.

Forum Family

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #454 on: December 19 2005, 11:21 am »
Hmmm...Im getting confused now. I thought The Magicians Nephew was the first book, that's what I read. Maybe I'll re-read the books. I really had no idea what was going on the first time.
It IS the first book, Moezy is confusing the old book order with the new book order.

moezychan

« Reply #455 on: December 19 2005, 11:27 am »
It IS the first book, Moezy is confusing the old book order with the new book order.

But I always thought that the Magician's Nephew was the first book. I have the book The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, and on the back of the book it has it listed as the 6th book. When did they change it? I really am confused now.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #456 on: December 19 2005, 11:44 am »
But I always thought that the Magician's Nephew was the first book. I have the book The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, and on the back of the book it has it listed as the 6th book. When did they change it? I really am confused now.
When the books were first written The Chronicles of Narnia, Lion witch and the Wardrobe was first, as time progressed and he wrote more Narnia books some were not in the same Timeline as the others (like the Nephew book being 6th didn't really make anysense) so he took all the current books and rearranged them into Timeline order.
It confused a lot of people including me until Star told me about it, Becuase I always thought Lion Witch and the Wardrobe was first too, But when I looked it up online it wasn't first.

It basically makes it easier to read for the new generation!

moezychan

« Reply #457 on: December 19 2005, 11:50 am »
When the books were first written The Chronicles of Narnia, Lion witch and the Wardrobe was first, as time progressed and he wrote more Narnia books some were not in the same Timeline as the others (like the Nephew book being 6th didn't really make anysense) so he took all the current books and rearranged them into Timeline order.
It confused a lot of people including me until Star told me about it, Becuase I always thought Lion Witch and the Wardrobe was first too, But when I looked it up online it wasn't first.

It basically makes it easier to read for the new generation!

Ok, confusion's gone now. Thank you. And I would agree that it would make it easier to read, but at the same time, I like the order they're in now, because it gives mystery to the story, and it kept me curious up until book 6. That's what enabled me to keep reading.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #458 on: December 19 2005, 11:55 am »
lol, I don't think kids now like the mystery, They want it NOW!! haha..
But after seeing that Narnia movie It REALLY made me want to know what that bearded proffesser bloke had to do with the wardrobe!! It got me excited.
Can't wait till the second movie!!
They said if this movie goes well they are definatly making a 2nd (before the kids get too old)

moezychan

« Reply #459 on: December 19 2005, 11:58 am »
Can't wait till the second movie!!
They said if this movie goes well they are definatly making a 2nd (before the kids get too old)

Honto?! Sugoi ne! I was hoping that they would put out a second movie! Does this mean that they're going to do all 7 books?! Also, could you please tell me where you got this information?! I would really love to see!