AuthorTopic: CLAMP's World of Connections  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
CLAMP's World of Connections
« on: October 21 2005, 07:23 pm »
Didn't know where to put this, so I'll put it here.....He he, Just got off work and I'm on a Sugar High once again...He he, Ok calm down..

Have you ever wondered, when will CLAMP start crossing over TRC or XXXHolic with their new stuff, or when they start to pick up on manga they left haning for ages...cough X...Cough...Clover...Legal Drug, please let it be Legal Drug. :hehe: Or just want to find any crossover in the Know world of Clamp...You know you want to...

Show content

Here's an example: Wish, Legal Drug, Suki,Chobits, XXXHolic, Card Captor Sakura:
Shuichiro Kudo (Wish) and Kazahaya Kudo (Legal Drug) both have the same last name.
Also, Legal Drug has connections with Suki, and Chobits. The time witch, Yuko of XXXHolic
has mentioned of the Legal Drug boys as well, and People wonder where she gets her drugs,
Not only that, but some connections say she is related to Clow Reed of CCS, but not of TRC.
So it safe to say, Wish, LD, Suki, Chobits, XXXHolic and CCS are the same world what do you thing, and if or you find anything else concerning other manga done By CLAMP Like the TB/X/CCD connections, I'd like to read it, along with others who want to read it as well.

Now back to sugar high. Re-reads everthing again.... :dodge: Yeah, I think that will pass :sweatdrop:
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline silvertsukuyomi

• New Fan
  • oooh...it matches that pink layout.
Re: CLAMP's World of Connections
« Reply #1 on: October 21 2005, 11:54 pm »
^__^  ya know that's very intresting.  I haven't even read half of CLAMP's stuff.  But I'm working on it.  *currently re-reading CCS*  But I've seen in several places that TRC is just one big crossover and we've already seen quite a few characters from other series.  So I'm betting that as the series progresses we'll definately see more of other characters from other series.  But I do believe that its only limited to CLAMP's creations...like we can only expect to see crossover-ed characters from CLAMP's series...it'd just be too weird to find another character from a different series that CLAMP didn't own.

The only think you can do is sit and wait and read TRC and xxxholic religously (like we don't already...hehe).

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: October 22 2005, 01:37 am »
So it safe to say, Wish, LD, Suki, Chobits, XXXHolic and CCS are the same world what do you thing, and if or you find anything else concerning other manga done By CLAMP Like the TB/X/CCD connections, I'd like to read it, along with others who want to read it as well.

Yeah, CLAMP loves their crossovers. Its also interesting that Kazahaya has almost exactly the same hairstyle as Kohaku.  I agree with the rest of them, but how is Chobits connected? I don't seem to recall anything that would link that one. I think Chobits and Angelic Layer definitely take place in the same world, maybe Kobato too (because of Chitose), but I haven't read much of that one. Its possible its a future version of Yuuko's world, but I don't remember the evidence.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #3 on: October 22 2005, 07:33 am »
Though I think it would be best if this was in the Tsubasa forum, but I'm guessing it will be CLAMP generally doing crossovers, so then it could stay. Discuss away!
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #4 on: October 22 2005, 11:33 am »
I was thinking of doing something like this, too.

Wikipedia has helped me much, and take a look at any Clamp series to back up what I am going to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLAMP

In the same world:

CCS, xxxHOLIC, Chobits, Angelic Layer, CLAMP Campus Detectives, Duklyon: CLAMP School Defenders, Man of many Faces, Tokyo Babylon, and X/1999

First off, let's talk about what we are told.

In xxxHOLIC, Yuuko says outright that CCS takes place in that world. She also makes a refrence to Subaru from TB, and of course with TB comes X.. The characters from Legal Drug also show up at one point.

Tomoyo's mother appears in the Chobits manga.

Since the Clamp School appears in X, everything connceted to it comes along.

Tsubasa can be counted, since it is a world in which the group visits, but it does not fully take place there.

Other facts.

With the exception of Tokyo Bablyon and X, we don't really know the time in which most of the series take place, am I correct? (TB is set in 1991, and X/1999 is set in, well, 1999) Probably most the other series take place before 1999, with the apocalypse and all going on in X.

Yuuko in chapter 3 of xxxHolic seems to talk of CCS in the past tense, and although she doesn't say Sakura's name, we know Yuuko is speaking of her. Yuuko says she has not met Sakura "and her boyfriend".
From this we can assume that Sakura and Syaoran are older, and that their love has lasted.

My comments.

I like the setup Clamp has going. It's nice to watch one series and know that characters from another are out there somewhere.

Gee, poor cute little Sakura probably lives to see the apocalypse.

That's all I have to say for now. If anyone has other info, don't hold back.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: October 22 2005, 11:59 am »
Interesting!

I didn't remember noticing Sonomi in Chobits.

But its still Chobits that throws me off, since if X brings the apocalypse, the X world still looks like normal modern Tokyo to me, with no super-advanced robot persocoms walking around. That makes me think Chobits takes place the farthest into the future. So does that let us assume that the world won't end with the finale of X? (I've only read to X #5, so I'm taking guesses since I don't know how far the manga gets.. )

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: October 22 2005, 05:08 pm »
In Legal Drug, The only thing Chobits about it are the memorbila, Look at a couple of clocks in Manga 2 of LG.

I've noticed too, how Kazahaya and Kohaku have the same hair style, not only that, but the reactions too.

Yuuko talks about Subaru and Hokuto as runnaway twins, hinting the TRC manga, not of TB. Hokuto is dead in X, saddly, I realy liked her.

And if you look at CCS calander, Anime only I think, It shows the year 1998, but then again, since it is 1998, X hasn't even happend yet.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline silvertsukuyomi

• New Fan
  • oooh...it matches that pink layout.
« Reply #7 on: October 23 2005, 12:13 am »
What is supposed the chronological order of everything anyway?  Series wise I mean.  We know that xxxholic is before TRC.  So whatabout every other series.  Or is there even an order to it?

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #8 on: October 23 2005, 01:41 am »
Yuuko talks about Subaru and Hokuto as runnaway twins, hinting the TRC manga, not of TB. Hokuto is dead in X, saddly, I realy liked her.

And if you look at CCS calander, Anime only I think, It shows the year 1998, but then again, since it is 1998, X hasn't even happend yet.

This is exactly the stuff I want to see more of. Keep the info coming!

What episode does the calendar show 1998 in CCS?

EDIT: Yuuko's reference to Subaru.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/KatanaJon/xxxholic01_c07_26.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/KatanaJon/xxxholic01_c07_27.png

This doesn't imply that they are runaways, though.
« Last Edit: October 23 2005, 04:11 am by KatanaJon »

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #9 on: October 23 2005, 05:10 pm »
Thank You KatanaJon, I have TRC, but sadly no XXXHolic yet, but with these two pages, maybe TB and X are connected with the other worlds. I'll be getting XXXHolic soon, when the book store restockes them

And Yes Chobits and Angelic Layer are connected together in a same world.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #10 on: October 25 2005, 04:16 am »
May I suggest this be moved to the CCS forum?

It doesn't seem like it's getting noticed here.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #11 on: October 25 2005, 04:19 am »
What is supposed the chronological order of everything anyway?  Series wise I mean.  We know that xxxholic is before TRC.  So whatabout every other series.  Or is there even an order to it?
I'll take a stab at that. Some of these are just my own assumptions, and some series would overlap anyways. I think we could more or less put them in publishing order, with a few exceptions.

RG Veda - Legend of ChunHyang - Shirahime Syou
These are all historical settings, so would obviously come first, if they're even in the same world.

Tokyo Babylon - CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan
Both are precursors to X.

Duklyon - Man of Many Faces
Haven't read either of those, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Man of Many Faces ties in after CGT, and Dukylon takes place on the same campus around the same[?] time.

Magic Knights Rayearth
We could probably throw Rayearth's Tokyo in sometime around here if we're going by publication dates.

Card Captor Sakura - Suki Dakara Suki
Yuuko refers to Sakura in the past tense, and Asahi appears in Legal Drug on her graduation day, so we can assume these come before those two series.

Wish[?]
Just that it comes before LD because of the Kohaku/Kazahaya connections. Otherwise the whole
Show content
hundred years sleep/reincarnation thing throws me off completely because the Tokyo 100 years later looks exactly as it did before. Unless its 100 angel years, not human years, but the manga seemed to imply human years. *shrugs*

xxxHOLiC - Tsubasa - Legal Drug
Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC occur simultaneously, and the Rikuo and Kazahaya that cross over in xxxHOLiC seem to be in the same situation as they currently are in Legal Drug (ex: they still have their girlfriend/sister 'attachments', that Watanuki sees)

X
The way Yuuko refers to Subaru seems to imply that the Subaru she knows is the one between TB and X.

Angelic Layer
No idea where to put AL except that it obviously comes before Chobits, since the "angels" are precursors to the persocoms, and Icchan and Minoru's sister, Kaede are still alive.

Kobato
Kobato would come before Chobits since Chitose is a landlady there with her two 'daughters', Elda and Freya. (although they don't appear to be persocoms and they have different names, so I don't know if Kobato is the same world or not) It would have to come after AL since Icchan is no longer there.

Chobits
Just seems the more futuristic with its persocom robots walking around everywhere.

Clover
Has the most futuristic technology if it is in the same world. Otherwise I don't remember any significant crossovers in this one.

Anyone else have input?
« Last Edit: October 25 2005, 07:29 am by Pikari »

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #12 on: October 25 2005, 06:38 am »
Very well done.

If we could find a date in the manga version of CCS or xxxholic, or anything in that world (Besides TB and X), then we could get a better idea of the timeline.
« Last Edit: October 26 2005, 02:49 am by KatanaJon »

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: October 25 2005, 03:48 pm »
I would like to move this board over, but I don't know how yet, I'm still to new

Now for CCS and XXXHolic, CCS is two years later when the manga ended, so In CCS world, S&S have been together for a long time now

I'm still trying to find out how LD and Whish might be connect in more way's then one, I want LD Manga 4, but and Anime of LD would be good too
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #14 on: October 26 2005, 01:49 am »
I'm still trying to find out how LD and Whish might be connect in more way's then one, I want LD Manga 4, but and Anime of LD would be good too

Yes, I wish CLAMP would give us more hints on LD! They've even acknowledged in an interview there might be some connections with Wish. And reading it the other day, I realized Kei in LD also looks exactly like Hotaru in Wish, the wisteria fairy-thing. I wonder if that was intentional, too? I can't imagine how that would work, though... o_O

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: November 17 2005, 04:34 pm »
Well in LD Manga 2, the Vaise the messes with the boys shows up in XXXHolic Manga 5
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME