AuthorTopic: Nintendo Revolution  (Read 9034 times)

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
  • My avatar says it all...
Nintendo Revolution
« on: September 20 2005, 02:52 am »
Are there any gamers here?... Well, I'm a Nintendo-fan! :XD:

Nintendo will be releasing their new console named Revolution next year.
And as the name tells, they want changes. BIG changes that is. The best example
is the controller for the system, which was shown last week. Take a look at it here:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

First I reacted with a ":confused2: What's this?!?"
but now its ":inlove:"
Why? I've read about it, and seen the possibilities it can bring. Explore the link above or
just go here: http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html

I bet you'll react exactly like me at first... But think about it!
I'm definately looking forward to Revolution. We've been playing games quite similar for ages,
so even if this won't turn into an extreme success, I think it will change the way we play games(or rather,
the way games are produced). No info or screenshots about the graphics yet, though...

(please don't turn this thread into a war between Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo... It's interesting to see
the pluses and minuses for each console, but I've been through "discussions" where the people were...
very mean towards the ones who was on the other companys side... But you're nice, ey? :heh:)
Quote from: French Soldier of Monthy Python
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I f-a-r-t in your general direction!!! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I would tell you Sei-Sub fangirls the truth about the "couple", but since I've got more life than that, I'll allow you to be inzane. And I lol at you. Lololololololololol.
And with this, I leave. Fohevah

Det är så härligt att gå i solen, och äta hallon med dig~ Men det vet du inget om, för du förstår inte svenska!... VA?! Du fattar? Hej! Kul för dig!

________________Forum Family________________[/color]
Zeldi
  Ichiranseisouseiji Enzerubebi Otohime
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Nintendo Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 20 2005, 05:30 am »
I'm only dissapointed with teh controller because I want to play Goldeneye 007 from the N64 on it but the controller doesn't look like it is compatible with it, Maybe they will bring out another version of the controller.

anyway i think Reveloution (as i said before) is up there with the two best new consoles, Reveloution and Xbox360.
I wish i could get both but i'll probably be getting a Reveloution mainly for the backwards compatability with every other Nintendo console.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: September 20 2005, 05:53 am »
I'm only dissapointed with teh controller because I want to play Goldeneye 007 from the N64 on it but the controller doesn't look like it is compatible with it, Maybe they will bring out another version of the controller.

There's a little laser-poiner within the controll, so that you can point at your target with it and shoot! X3
Reminds me of Duck Hunt to NES...
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I f-a-r-t in your general direction!!! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I would tell you Sei-Sub fangirls the truth about the "couple", but since I've got more life than that, I'll allow you to be inzane. And I lol at you. Lololololololololol.

Det är så härligt att gå i solen, och äta hallon med dig~ Men det vet du inget om, för du förstår inte svenska!... VA?! Du fattar? Hej! Kul för dig!

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #3 on: September 20 2005, 07:03 am »
There's a little laser-poiner within the controll, so that you can point at your target with it and shoot! X3
Reminds me of Duck Hunt to NES...

That is not an improvement. its terrible. people can walk in the way and ruin everything.
I hope they release replica controllers for the older systems.

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: September 20 2005, 07:14 am »
That is not an improvement. its terrible. people can walk in the way and ruin everything.
I hope they release replica controllers for the older systems.

That's true... Didn't think 'bout that, because no one's around when I'm playing my games...  -_-

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #5 on: September 20 2005, 08:03 am »
still its kinda new, not super new but it will be interesting to see what games will be like with it.
but it also looks like because of the infrared you will have to have a big TV otherwise it will be hard to aim it properly.

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: September 23 2005, 03:12 am »
Looks like a "normal" controller will be released as well. Even if it's still just a rumor, I think
it will. Think about the games that are released for all systems (like Sonic, Mega Man and so on),
it would be weird if they all had to change the way of playing just to fit this controller.
But at least Nintendo and some other companys will develop games for the new Revolution-controller.

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #7 on: September 23 2005, 05:34 am »
Looks like a "normal" controller will be released as well. Even if it's still just a rumor, I think
it will. Think about the games that are released for all systems (like Sonic, Mega Man and so on),
it would be weird if they all had to change the way of playing just to fit this controller.
But at least Nintendo and some other companys will develop games for the new Revolution-controller.

uh..yeah... i thought thats what i basically said ... o_O

but i'm sure the new rev controller will be good anyway, just really odd games. it would be advantage to some games and disadvantage to others.

I still can't wait to play all the old games on it too :D
finally i can play Gamecube games on it XD

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #8 on: September 28 2005, 11:20 pm »
Heheheh   I'm a Few days late

I'm looking forward to this game system  ( Even though we probably won't get it right away) 
I'm not sure if I like the new controller  It looks like a remote and I'm not very good with remotes  ( I'm to fumbly)  I like the controllers with 2 hands much better.

Like you said above I also hope they'll relese and older version of the controllers compatable with the new system.
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: September 29 2005, 12:26 am »
besides i also have a feeling there will be different versions of teh controller and thats just one of them.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 29 2005, 12:34 am »
As much as I'd like to believe Nintendo will have a good syatem, I can't. Never liked the Nintendo games and as long as they continue their current mindset of how to present games, Sony and Microsoft will continue to dominate the market.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #11 on: September 29 2005, 01:35 am »
Playstation 3 is already the losing console of the three new Next Gen, The only competition so far is Xbox and Nintendo.

Offline snowangel

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #12 on: September 29 2005, 06:22 am »
I thought I replied to this thread a while ago I guess I fogot. I've seen the clip for the new remote. Is it just me and my brother or does it remind you of an iPod shuffle, just with different buttons XD

My brother's all excited about the Revolution now so he might buy one. Right now I still perfer the PS3 because of the games that will come out on that console (ie. GT5) and it's power but Nintendo is all about the old school games.

I can't say I'm dissappointed in the new controller. Nor am I surpised. I never really thought something like this would be created but coming from Nintendo I'm not surpised. The way I see it, it's a way of drawing more non-gamers to their console by simplfying things. Just compare their controllers to that of the X-box and PS, much simpler ne? Right now I see Nintendo marketing towards an audience that is either younger or non-gamer. Of course I'm sure they'd want hard-core gamers in their market too and there are some I'm sure especially with the Zelda series but the hard core gaming audience right now is pretty much in the hands of the PS and the X-box. At least that's how I see it right now.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #13 on: September 29 2005, 06:31 am »
so maybe... a bit TOO original in controllers? LOL

i also suspect that teh N64 Controller would fit into the Gamecube Socket Controllers maybe...

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #14 on: September 29 2005, 06:42 am »
The way I see it, it's a way of drawing more non-gamers to their console by simplfying things. Just compare their controllers to that of the X-box and PS, much simpler ne? Right now I see Nintendo marketing towards an audience that is either younger or non-gamer. Of course I'm sure they'd want hard-core gamers in their market too and there are some I'm sure especially with the Zelda series but the hard core gaming audience right now is pretty much in the hands of the PS and the X-box. At least that's how I see it right now.

Is the controller more simple or is it more complicated?... I don't know, and I probably won't know until I try it.
Still, why whould they focus on a younger audience because of that? I mean, sure, kids can play Mario but I think it's mostly
gamers that grew up with Nintendo that keep playing it...
Sony and Microsoft have their consoles, but they're not making their own games(or no, Microsoft does, don't they? :tard:) while
Nintendo makes an own console AND their own games to it. So, probably, the ones who aren't interessted in Nintendo's games won't
buy their consoles either(even if there are a lot of games made by other companys for the Nintendo consoles as well), and
go for the new PS or X-Box.

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: September 29 2005, 06:49 am »
it would be complicated with the laser thingy they have in it, i think that would be aimed maybe for older people with shooting games etc.

the controller itself is simple but the fact of us using it will probably be a case of it being TOO simple so its complicated XD

Offline [Deathwish]

• Evil Green Gummi Bears
« Reply #16 on: October 08 2005, 03:32 am »
my friend claire, is like the only nintendo freak in my year, well i think its ok myself. :keke: Have you heard of the new game coming out today called nintendogs? shes really mad about, i have a N64 but we hardly play it anymore.  :heh:

hehe
byebye
*The Twisted Psychopath*
[--the cheese--]

big sister- rusty

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #17 on: October 08 2005, 03:39 am »
i thought Nintendogs has been out for a while now, but it looks good :D kinda fun too XD

i do like nintendo tho, its a good name.

Offline [Deathwish]

• Evil Green Gummi Bears
« Reply #18 on: October 08 2005, 03:55 am »
i would have thought so, but it only came out in england today hehe
*The Twisted Psychopath*
[--the cheese--]

big sister- rusty

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #19 on: October 08 2005, 03:58 am »
ah, i'm in england too, maybe it was only released in your part today XD cos last saturday Virgin was selling them over here.
i think all the games should be relased simultainously worldwide.