AuthorTopic: Thoughts andTheories on Tomoyo Daidouji  (Read 3310 times)

Offline harry_kinomoto

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Thoughts andTheories on Tomoyo Daidouji
« on: September 04 2005, 02:24 pm »
This topic is a follow up from http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=1143.0;all, set in a separate topic because it strays off the discussion of family. In commemoration of her birthday yesterday :greengrin:, I wish to share with all of you a few theories. Comments are most welcome.

OK anyway it seems we are all of one mind regarding the fate of Tomoyo's parents-divorce. The second manga says about her father something along the lines of (from pretty badly translated Chinese)" seems to still be around on, but as to why he is not around seems a complicated matter." Divorce is the most practical explanation for this. What I am interested, however, is the circumstances of the divorce-particularly the implications they would have had.

Divorce would obviously be a traumatic experience for all parties involved. We are actually told how Tomoyo is "used to" her mother's explosive reactions when she was reminiscing over Fujitaka. Consider especially the harrowing implications the divorce might then have on a girl of under 10 years of age. After having to experience wounded by such an experience, I often imagine a vulnerable person who is, at the very least, forced to rethink his/her opinion of humanity.

Well at least not some one who would expect to bump into a bubbly girl bestowed with very essence of childishness and innocence who shows no hesitation in helping a person she just met by giving her an eraser (That's Sakura, btw). Do not underestimate the power of kindness, especially to someone who hasn’t seen much of it. Indeed, I do not doubt how this experience would have changed her somewhat for the better, transforming her into the Tomoyo Daidouji we all know and love.

That would be my personal perception of Tomoyo’s past life. I may add some thoughs on her parents in future. They’ve all been dancing in my head for a really long time, and I intend to structure a fanfic around it sometime soon but for now, do tell me what you think!
Each and every one of us possesses a weapon that can give light unto the darkest disease, heal the deepest wound yet cause chaos untold, and darkness unknown.

This weapon is the double-edged sword known as the heart. Subject to all our humanly instincts that can be both good or bad, learn how to control it-or it will control you.

moezychan

Re: Thoughts andTheories on Tomoyo Daidouji
« Reply #1 on: September 05 2005, 10:30 am »
You really picked the perfect avatar harry_kinomoto! You are just as perceptive as Tomoyo Daidouji herself! And I agree with you. Tomoyo's mother does give across the impression as very brash and not afraid to speak her mind, and no doubt that Tomoyo saw more than her share of her mother's temper in action, and even when she sees her temper, she isn't surprised. Tomoyo handles it with such grace, which could very well have come from Sakura.

Sakura has such an innocence about her that it can turn anybody into a kind and caring person and chances are, Sakura showed Tomoyo more kindness than she had seen in her young life, and because she had never seen that before, she decided that the only kindness she would ever see would be from Sakura, and she wanted to always remember those moments and that could be why she insists on taping her! As for the costumes, give me time and I'll figure out the story behind that.

Offline harry_kinomoto

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #2 on: September 06 2005, 02:00 pm »
Domo Arigatou ne, Moezy-chan! You seriously flatter me.  :heh:

Anyways, well the story of costumes...I don't really think there could be anything in the series that hints anything about the story behind it. All that are left are theories, and of that I'm sure there will be millions around.

I suspect it was borne of Tomoyo's eccentricity, which was in turn born out of her leading a life that when compared to the average school kid is pretty different. Some kind of experience in her life had triggered off the idea in her mind I'd reckon. I toyed with the idea that her mom gave her some sewing kit for her birthday, and well seeing Sakura and the idea of clothes made the idea stick?  lol personally, I think Clamp got the idea of that from Cosplaying.   :tongue3:

Random crazy fact: Eccentricity is not necessarily a bad thing mind you. I read of an old guy who spent his days abseiling down a cliff in a pink elephant suit lived to be 110 years old. That AND Tomoyo is from the country whose people have the highest life expectancy around the world. That's good. She'll live up to a ripe old age.  :haha:
Each and every one of us possesses a weapon that can give light unto the darkest disease, heal the deepest wound yet cause chaos untold, and darkness unknown.

This weapon is the double-edged sword known as the heart. Subject to all our humanly instincts that can be both good or bad, learn how to control it-or it will control you.

moezychan

« Reply #3 on: September 07 2005, 02:29 am »
Do Itashimashita! And I think you're right. And besides, people need to be crazy at least once in their lives. I'm in college and I insist on acting like a 5 year old! And Tomoyo probably will. I'm just worried that Sakura who isn't as out there as Tomoyo will die first, and Tomoyo will really act crazy then. She might die of a broken heart.

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #4 on: September 07 2005, 11:41 am »
Sakura may not be as crazy, but she's still very sweet and passionate about stuff. ( Like the Clow Cards, I suppose. )

Anyway.. My own "theorie" with Tomoyo and her costume making was really just a hobbie or something she liked to do in her past time. Or, at least in the start when she was first introduced to sewing. Then when she met Sakura, she had a reason to continue sewing and make her various ( and cute ) costumes. I never really thought about it like that... ^^;;
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

moezychan

« Reply #5 on: September 08 2005, 02:09 am »
After thinking it over, I have a theory on why Tomoyo-chan insists on making costumes for Sakura-chan. Tomoyo-chan is more than fully aware that Sakura-chan will never love her the way she loves her, and she has more than graciously accepted that realization, however a part of her yearns to have Sakura-chan in a way nobody else can have her. By making her costumes, she is stating that Sakura-chan will be her's. Sort of like writing your name on your favorite toy or book. Nobody else will make her costumes and she will always have that to look forward to. As always, this is mere speculation and not factual.

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #6 on: September 10 2005, 09:37 pm »
After thinking it over, I have a theory on why Tomoyo-chan insists on making costumes for Sakura-chan.

hehe.. my theory is.. since Tomoyo-chan's mother Sonomi-san is a the CEO of a toy company.. perhaps that toy is similar to Barbie dolls? and since Tomoyo-chan will one day be taking over as the CEO of the toy company.. it would be advantageous if Tomoyo-chan has some experiences with clothes designs and production

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---