AuthorTopic: RPG discussion thread  (Read 11725 times)

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
RPG discussion thread
« on: July 12 2005, 11:33 am »
thread requested by Sakaki-sama   :wink:

Since we already have a few roleplays going, this thread can be used for people who want to discuss about it  :greengrin: .
RPG players can also discuss their roleplays, for planning and such.
« Last Edit: June 16 2006, 10:17 am by Okamirei »

Offline HatoriTakaya

• New Fan
Re: RPG discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15 2007, 12:28 am »
That nice. We have a RPG discussion thread. ^_^

I wonder what's going the first topic we see posted on this thread. ^_^ Anyway, does anyone have any plans on making a new RPG anytime soon? Just asking.
Still attempting to make a new one. *Looks for GIF animator program*~My monthly Haiku~
When Autumn comes again,
A petal fall on the water.
The puddle ripples,
A reflection of myself.

Offline cherry_blossom_twilight

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #2 on: December 15 2007, 03:04 am »
Well, I have an idea on one...

'...check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into it's eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do.'
              - Fred Weasley, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Offline HatoriTakaya

• New Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 15 2007, 09:41 pm »
Okay, let's hear it.

Although I always wondered how many are still active from this forum.
Still attempting to make a new one. *Looks for GIF animator program*~My monthly Haiku~
When Autumn comes again,
The puddle ripples,
A reflection of myself.

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #4 on: December 16 2007, 12:54 pm »
Well erm...it's set 4 years after The Sealed Card. Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo and Eriol are all 16 years old. A descendant of one of Clow Reed's enemies targets them and destroys all of Tomoeda for revenge of something Clow Reed did to their ancestor. I thought of erasing Syaoran's and Eriol's memories and giving Tomoyo some magic as well...
It's a bit silly, I think, and it sounds a bit Sailor Moon-ish without the flashiness and stuff...
I don't know much about RPing, actually...I only ever played RP games, with a set plot...
Can anyone give me an opinion? Personally, I don't think it's good at all...

'...check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into it's eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do.'

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #5 on: December 16 2007, 01:17 pm »
In some way it breaks canon, since Tomoyo was never made to use magic to begin with. It's an ok plot, but needs some revision to actually make it more... interesting. Though, in it's current form, it is interesting ;)

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline HatoriTakaya

• New Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 16 2007, 08:56 pm »
I agree with Kasawa Lanford, it's somewhat interesting plot but need more work on the idea. Nice try though. ^_^;; I'll try to think something as well. Just need some time.
When Autumn comes again,
The puddle ripples,
A reflection of myself.

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #7 on: December 17 2007, 01:11 pm »
I know that Tomoyo never had any magic in the show, but can't powers be dormant? I mean, Sakura never knew that she had magic to begin with, but it was there, all the same.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 17 2007, 01:25 pm »
I know that Tomoyo never had any magic in the show, but can't powers be dormant? I mean, Sakura never knew that she had magic to begin with, but it was there, all the same.
Well, here's a possibillity...it IS possible Tomoyo could have some magicks albeit dormant based on the fact she an Sakura are related since their moms were related. With that said, Meling ended up NOT having magic though she is part of the Li clan. Gotta love genetics ;)

SIDENOTE: I believe this is my first post EVER in the RPG forum :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #9 on: December 17 2007, 01:55 pm »
Hmm...that's where it catches. While Sakura and Tomoyo come from no apparent magically gifted ancestor, it would be silly if Tomoyo just caught on some magic...unless Sonomi and Nadeshiko's grandmother was a sorceress.
And it's apparent (or so I think) that their grandfather has no magic...
But I don't want Sakura to be an Amazoness-type heroine, either. You know, the Wonder Woman sort of thing where one heroine fights alone against evil enemies...I think that's shallow.
« Last Edit: December 17 2007, 02:55 pm by cherry_blossom_twilight »

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 17 2007, 02:47 pm »
Let's kind of avoid the double and triple posting please. If you must, use the 'Modify' option to edit your original post. Thank You.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #11 on: December 17 2007, 02:51 pm »
Oh. Sorry.

Offline HatoriTakaya

• New Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 17 2007, 04:23 pm »
When you think about it. Sakura's Mother had some magical powers and it was passed on to Sakura and Touya. Sakura's Mother was the daughter of that guy in the countryside who turns out to be Saukra Ganfather but also turns out to be Tomoyo Mother's father. If this statement is true, it could mean that Tomoyo may be able to draw out some of her magical powers to an certain extent but it may be intertwined with her life force.

This is out of topic but from how Card Captor was made and so on. It seemed like magical powers and the person life force intervenes or is connected to each other. Although I not completely sure about it due to the fact that Yue was a magically being that required lots of magic to allow him to exist. But then again, when Touya gives all (or most maybe) of his magical powers to Yue which resulted him losing all his strength and causing him to get very tired often throughout the rest of the series. I guess that's not a solid concrete evidence that proves normal being each have a little bit of magical powers but not enough to use it in general.

One more thing I forgot to add. Didn't the song card go to Tomoyo after it returned to it's card form? Wouldn't that mean Tomoyo technically have some magical powers to some extent? Or is the rule states in Original Clow Owner that the person that changes the card to the original form and does the most work, gain the card? Just a few questions to ask yourself.
« Last Edit: December 17 2007, 04:40 pm by HatoriTakaya »
When Autumn comes again,
The puddle ripples,
A reflection of myself.

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #13 on: December 18 2007, 06:40 pm »
Wait, there's a mistake. A big one, in fact. The guy in the countryside happens to be both Sonomi and Nadeshiko's grandfather, not father. Sonomi and Nadeshiko are not sisters - they're cousins.
As to the second question, I think, since Touya was a human - he had magic, but he was human, nevertheless. On the other hand, Yue is not human. I think that's why Touya can live without magic, although Yue can't.
And, I don't remember much of the episode where Song was captured, but if what you said is right, well then...it's stated that whoever does the most work gets the card...I don't think that requires magic.
Oh yeah...the old guy was confused when he saw the rainbow. Sakura told him to look outside and she created the rainbow. He said Sakura was like her mother - that is to say, mysterious. So, I think it's obvious that the old guy doesn't have magic. Unless you consider it dormant, that is.

Offline HatoriTakaya

• New Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 02 2008, 01:24 am »
My bad. I haven't watched CCS for a while so I guess I'll have to do get their family tree right next time. As for Touya case, I don't know. I know Yue is tied to magic due to his nature, but Touya's case. I'm leave that as it is. About capturing the clow cards around the first season to second. Yeah, I guess it more to hard work than to magic. Need to look for the episode where Kerobero explains to Sakura about ownership of the cards. About the old man, I wouldn't say for sure that the old man had magic to begin with. There just not enough details about the old man that proves that he even had magical powers. Although I was always wondering how do the parent passes their magical powers to children and how much magical powers does the child gain from the parent.

Anyway, wasn't this a RPG discussion. About the earlier post about making an RPG that have several characters that inhibits magical powers. Rather than going head on with the normal characters that is in CCS and include them in the RPG you were planning to make. Why don't you try making a RPG that still follow somewhat the same idea except it's further in the future, like generations passed by or something.

Also Lucia-chan, clear out your inbox since it's full. XP
« Last Edit: January 02 2008, 01:50 am by HatoriTakaya »
When Autumn comes again,
The puddle ripples,
A reflection of myself.

• HI! ^^ I'm Lucia.
« Reply #15 on: January 06 2008, 02:39 pm »
Well...I really don't know. I usually have problems when it comes to thinking of future generations. I was thinking...perhaps a Alternate Universe RPG or something totally different than using the CCS characters. For my part, I'm more inclined to the former one...
Maybe an RPG with a medieval setting with lots of CLAMP characters?
« Last Edit: January 07 2008, 02:04 pm by cherry_blossom_twilight »