AuthorTopic: ~//[TRC] - Secrets Behind Cracked Smiles  (Read 50067 times)

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: TRC - Secrets Behind Cracked Smiles
« Reply #20 on: July 10 2005, 06:24 pm »
Fai's world was beyond friged but the mage felt nothing as he silently made his way away from the camp and away from perhaps the only true friends he had ever known.

Never had he felt such emptiness.
such utter hollowness

I am alone..because of you..
Because I loved you..

As if in a dream, the mage began to climb the frozen slab of rock that led up to the flattened top of the cliff above.

He climbed silently..
alone..always alone

Memories invading his thoughts.
Memories of the past and what he had been forced, tricked, into.

"You are to blame! Look at your hands, Fai. Have they not had a part in this?
Look into your own soul and tell me we aren't the same!"
He could still hear the laughter that followed.
and it still tore at his soul

Fai's hands, torn and bleeding from the cliff's jagged surface, finally grasped the top of the rock where the land leveled out.
The mage pulled himself up and walked the remaining distance to the edge, then looked over into the cold, deep nothingness that spread out below him.

You won't use me to hurt them..
I won't lead you to them.......Ashura

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #21 on: July 11 2005, 02:23 am »
Back at camp, Kurogane was still undecisive. Something told him that he needed to go after Fai immediately, or the wizard would do something stupid. But if the kid woke up and found both Kurogane and Fai gone...

Luckily for him, the choice was taken out of his hands when he heard a sleepy voice mumur his name.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #22 on: July 11 2005, 02:31 am »
Syaoran turned over to his side. He couldn't sleep .Something is wrong...this country isn't like the others. And the way Fai-san is scting...
Hearing a soft rustle, he looked up and saw Kurogane standing, looking down at what seems to be footprints. He got up and grabbed 'Hien'. "Kurogane-san.."
He stopped. What about the princess? I can't leave her alone..

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #23 on: July 11 2005, 03:12 am »
Whirling sharply at the sound of movement, Kurogane breathed in relief as he realised that the kid was awake. Now he could just tell the kid and go.
"Kid, I'm going after Fai. If this really is this world, he's sure to have got himself into some dumb mess by now."

Seeing that Syaoran was getting ready to protest, he held up a callused hand to hold up any further arguments.
"Stay here. Someone needs to look after the princess and the manjuu bun." He stated.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #24 on: July 11 2005, 10:09 am »
Syaoran nodded. "Be careful"
He watched Kurogane slip away, following the footprints in the snow.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #25 on: July 11 2005, 11:15 am »
The blonde mage stood, his clothes torn and billowing around him,
his body cold as stone,
aching...
letting his eyes drift down to stare into the hypnotic depths of the abyss that awaited him.
neverending...

He had always wondered if it would come to this.
Because of you....what I let you take from me...my soul..
Why now, after all this time..when I had almost began to forget..

Fai clutched at the clothing near his chest,
Where my heart should be..
and knew his death was their only hope of getting out of this world alive.
I am responsible if they are taken..

The mage could feel nothing, as silent tears fell from his eyes only to freeze to ice as they dropped into nothingness.

Then suddenly, from far away.......as if from a dream or another world
......he heard Kurogane call his name.....
« Last Edit: July 12 2005, 06:09 am by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #26 on: July 12 2005, 03:38 am »
Kuorgane cursed, pulling his black cloak tighter round his trembling body. How did the wizard manage to live here? It's freezing!

Seeing that the footsteps were fast becoming covered by the new fallen snow, Kuorgane increased his pace, muttering under his breath. Why am I so worried about him? He's just an annoyance...right?

Looking up as the footsteps began to falter, his eyes widened as he saw a tuft of very distinctive blonde hair blowing in the wind. Narrowing his eyes, against the falling flakes, Kurogane prayed that the snow would let up, so that he could see better.

To his surprise, it did. But what he saw shocked him to the bone.

Fai, the wizard who had never stopped smiling until today, the most optimistic of the group...Fai was standing on the edge of what looked to be a very sharp drop, rocking back and forth in the wind. If he even moved forward a fraction, Kurogane had no doubt that he'd fall.

"Fai! Fai! You crazy mage, look at me when I'm calling you!" He bellowed. Fai slowly turned his head to face the ninja, and Kurogane sucked in a breath sharply.

The wizard's beautiful blue eyes were empty, void of all emotion except regret and pain. Tears were frozen to his long eyelashes, and as Kurogane watched, the wind blew strongly, causing the mage's blonde hair to whip wildly around his face. Fai.. curse you Fai, what are you planning?

Taking a slow, careful step forward, Kurogane called out softly.
"Fai? Are you...alright?"

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #27 on: July 12 2005, 06:03 am »
Fai turned slowly to the sound of his name being called.
Confused at the sight of the tall dark figure standing in the moonilight, Fai flintched and his eyes widened in fear.
Ashura.....? Am I even too late in my own death?
He blinked several times and realised it was not Ashura, but Kurogane.
Kurogane..... I am incapable of saving you, even in my own world......

"You must go back to the others," He said softly to the ninja. "Convince Syaoran that this feather doesn't matter, that it's too dangerous here. You must leave me to do what I have to........before it's too late. Without me you may still have a chance of getting out of this world alive, but if he wakes and comes for me, all those I am close to will suffer."

For the first time since they had entered this cold world, Fai looked across and met Kurogane's eyes.
If there is nothing left of my heart, why do I feel such pain..........

"I can't witness what he will do. I won't be responsible for it. I won't lead him to the one..........to the one I love, Kurogane."
You Kurogane........

And with those words, Fai turned and looked toward the darkness below him and with his golden hair shining in the moonlight, Fai leaned forward to let the wind take him.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #28 on: July 12 2005, 06:22 am »
Kurogane's frown got larger and larger as Fai continued to talk. What the hell's he on about? And the one he loves? What's that mean?

As Fai began to tip forward, Kurogane suddenly realised what the wizard was planning to do, and he jerked in both shock and panic. No...he can't...he wouldn't...not him...no! I won't let him!

"FAI!" He bellowed, leaping forward as the wizard finally slipped off the cliff edge.
"Faiiii!"

Later, Kurogane would feel that the moment stretched out forever, moving in slow motion. Like a dream, he saw Fai tip into the abyss, still smiling that damned smile, although it was now bittersweet, and was accompanied by crystalline tears that fell from beneath closed eyelids to be blown back in the wind.

He saw himself reaching out to Fai, felt the smooth fabric of the hooded cloak that Fai wore in his grasp.

Watched as he lost his grip. Cried out as Fai plummeted away from him.

And screamed in denial as he heard Fai whisper something that sounded very much like...I love you.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #29 on: July 12 2005, 06:50 am »
As he tipped over the edge, wind swirling the snow around his frozen body, Fai suddenly began to remember.....
My friends....they were my friends....
The last many months flashing before his eyes.
If only for a while........

Pain and regret seized the mage's heart as he began to fall.
A love I'll now never know....
This is my sacrifice.....

And the pain in his heart was worse than he'd ever thought it could be.
Goodbye, Ashura........I won't let you win....
Goodbye, Kurogane...........
"I love you......gomen ne," he whispered as he closed his eyes and his fate rushed towards him.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #30 on: July 12 2005, 06:57 am »
Watching the wizard fall into the darkness, Kurogane roared in denial. Without a second thought, he dived from the cliff, streamlining his body in order to catch Fai up. I won't let you end it like this...you deserve better, Fai.

His right hand reaching out for the wall, Kurogane suddenly flew into action. Grabbing a piece of rock that was jutting out from the cliffside, his other hand closed around the falling mage's arm, halting his descent. The wizard looked up in shock as he felt himself jerk to a stop, and Kurogane gave him a weary smile.

Without saying a word, he flipped Fai onto his back piggyback style, and began to climb back up to the top, just praying that the Seresuan wouldn't let go of him and try again. He sighed in relief as Fai merely tightened his grip around his saviour's neck.

Don't you get it, Fai? I couldn't have let you fall...because I love you.
« Last Edit: July 12 2005, 07:12 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #31 on: July 12 2005, 07:19 am »
The icy wind cut through Fai like blades of steel, but not even that could equal the stab he felt pierce his heart at the sound of Kurogane's raging, desperate cry of his own name.
How long I've waited to hear my name from your lips....
At least I have that......no matter how much it pains my soul..

Then suddenly, as if by magic,
Or love.....
Fai felt himself jerk to a stop and then lifted upwards by strong hands.
"Kuro-mu........?" He asked in a tired whisper.

He felt the ninja's strong presence surround him and he gave in to it, wrapping his weary arms around Kurogane tightly and letting his mind go blank in exhaustion.
« Last Edit: July 13 2005, 07:33 pm by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #32 on: July 13 2005, 04:09 am »
Kurogane trudged through the freshly fallen snow, muttering about how he had to practically swim through snow drifts just because some idiotic wizard had a problem with fake smiles. Why didn't he just tell us what was wrong?

But he knew why. People like Fai didn't want to burden others with their misfortunes, so they remained silent. It was one of the things Kurogane hated about these sorts of people....he was always the one left behind to grieve.

Seeing the campfire up ahead, Kuorgane picked up the pace. Hopefully the kid and princess were alright, and would be able to help look after Fai.

I deserve a break after all...I did just throw myself off a cliff to save his scrawny butt.

Offline Zeldi

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #33 on: July 13 2005, 04:13 am »
*yawn* "why do i fall asleep all the time?"

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #34 on: July 13 2005, 05:05 am »
Mokona looked up to see Sakura wide awake. "Sakura-chan!" He shouted in happiness as he hopped to Sakura's lap. "Yay! You're awake!"

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #35 on: July 13 2005, 05:55 am »
Through half-closed eyes, Fai could see the campfire in the distance.
Kurogane, who had been making a quick pace, suddenly came to an abrupt halt and before Fai could even glance at the ninja's face to see what was wrong, everything changed.

Just as suddenly as Kurgane's strong arms had pulled him from the endless abyss,
Fai felt himself thrown roughly to the frozen ground.

He lay in the snow gasping, trying to regain control of the breath that was knocked from his body. He chanced a glance up at the face of the dark ninja that loomed above him and upon seeing the look of rage on the other man's face, wondered briefly if Kurogane had pulled him from the jaws of death only to kill him with his own hands.

Fai's blue eyes widened and he sucked in his breath sharply at Kurogane's expression. He had seen the other man angry many times but he had never witnessed such a look of utter uncontrollable rage.

Even in his surprised exhaustion, Fai sensed more than rage going on in Kurogane's expression. Waves of hurt were coming from the man.
But why....? What could I have done to hurt you....Kurogane?
« Last Edit: July 13 2005, 07:44 am by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #36 on: July 13 2005, 06:06 am »
As the wizard stared up at him through wide blue eyes, Kurogane trembled with rage, his hands clenched into fists. He could tell Fai was confused, and it was just making him angrier. Doesn't he understand? How can things go back to the way they were before? It's all changed...everything's changed....

Raising a hand as if to strike the other man, Kurogane suddenly growled, lowering it as he realised he could never hurt Fai like that. Instead, he settled for bellowing;
"Don't you dare look at me like that! How can you just stay silent, after what you did? How can you just look so innocent, as if nothing happened? Why did you do it, you stupid mage!"

Dropping to his knees, Kurogane slammed a fist down into the ground, bare centimetres away from the wizard's head. To his shock, he realised that he was crying, although he wasn't sure if they were from grief or rage.
"You idiot...I hate you! I hate people like you! You just don't give a d.a.m.n about anything! I HATE you, Fai!" He roared.

He saw the stab of hurt in Fai's eyes, but ignored it, just carrying on, caught up in his fury.
"You do nothing except hide behind that fake smile of yours, and you never let anyone see the true you...not until it's too late. You're just a hollow shell, Fai....and I don't understand how a hollow shell can make me feel this way...I hate you so much..."

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #37 on: July 13 2005, 06:36 am »
Fai edged back in confusion as the other man bellowed over him in a rage.

The mage wouldn't have recognized the expression on Kurogane's face had he not worn it so many times himself in the past.
It was blind hurt that Kurogane was trying to express, and this shocked Fai who had rarely seen any expression from the man besides anger or boredom.
How? He acts as if I've hurt him somehow? How have I hurt you, of all people, Kurogane?

Fai stared up at the ninja, fear turning slowly to disbelief, as he felt warm, salty tears sofly hit his face.
"Kurogane.........." He whispered, too afraid to say more, too afraid to look away from the ninja's eyes. As if this were their last chance. Their last chance to express something important, and if he broke away from the ninja's gaze he'd lose it forever.

Then suddenly and without warning, Fai's disbelief turned to utter shock, as he felt Kurogane pounce upon him.
« Last Edit: July 13 2005, 07:26 pm by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #38 on: July 13 2005, 06:44 am »
As the blonde wizard locked eyes with him, Kuorgane couldn't hold it any more. Allowing free reign to his emotions, he leapt at Fai, pinning him down into the snow. Before Fai could react, he was kissing him, lips moving in an act of what seemed to be pure desperation. It was rough, and without feeling...but somehow...it felt so right....

Beneath him, Fai made a startled squeak, but Kurogane had no worries about the mage rejecting the kiss....he'd said he loved him, hadn't he? Ignore all that...just enjoy the moment. A small voice whispered in the back of his mind. To his chagrin, it sounded exactly like Tomoyo-hime.

Finally, he moved back, releasing Fai's lips regretfully. The wizard just lay there, gazing up at him in shock. Kurogane smiled bitterly.
"You're just a hollow shell, Fai. And I don't know how you do it, but...you make me a shell too."

Before the wizard could reply, Kuorgane was off and running. With any luck, by the time Fai made it back to camp, he'd have been able to put the whole incident behind him, and go back to treating the mage like dirt.

I wish...

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #39 on: July 13 2005, 07:10 am »
Before Fai could even guess at what the ninja was planning, Kurogane's warm, full lips were upon his and kissing him with such desperation and need that Fai reacted to it without hesitation, matching the man's passion with his own.

If only we could stay this way...
If only it could be like this...always.

Fai began to lose himself in the ninja, forgetting everything, when suddenly Kurogane jumped away from him and hurried off towards camp.
Fai watched the snow swirl around him, dazed and unmoving, for several minutes, not wanting to lose the feeling of Kurogane against him.

Confusion hit him as he began to get up and brush the snow from his torn clothes.
He says he hates me...and yet?

As Fai began to walk, his fingers rose to touch his lips, still warm from Kurogane's desperate kiss only minutes ago, and following the ninja's solid footprints back to camp, Fai's confusion only grew.
« Last Edit: July 13 2005, 07:28 pm by Sakaki »