AuthorTopic: ~//[TRC] - Secrets Behind Cracked Smiles  (Read 49979 times)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: TRC - Secrets Behind Cracked Smiles
« Reply #40 on: July 13 2005, 07:29 am »
Syaoran gazed over the barren, cold place, his mind occupied on the other's safety. As he tended the crackling fire, his eyes met the sleeping princess and mokona.
If only you knew...if only you could know..what we were like in the past.

A sudden crunch in the snow broke his thoughts. Looking up, he saw Kurogane running back, Fai close behind. Breathing a sigh in relief, he ran up to them. "Are you both all right?"

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #41 on: July 13 2005, 04:50 pm »
Fai nodded slowly at Syaoran as he walked back into their temporary camp.
By the way the young boy stared at him in wide eyed surprise, concern stamped across his face, Fai knew he must look quite a sight; blonde hair tangled and wild around his face, clothes torn, and hands wearing smalls cuts and bruises from the cliff's rocky surface.

Fai cast a cautious, sideways glance at the ninja, who was beginning to tend to the fire, the words Kurogane had raged at him echoed in his heart.
Why did you save me if you feel only hate for me?
How could you touch your lips to mine if I cause such hatred inside you?

With fingers still pressed to his lips, as if holding on to Kurogane's touch for as long as he possibly could,
as if that touch alone was enough to save him from this world and confusion...
the mage sat down near the fire and closed his weary eyes, praying he wouldn't have to be the one to give explanations of the night's events.

Fai didn't believe at this point, after everything that had happened and after all the words that had been said, he'd ever have the strength to speak again.
« Last Edit: July 14 2005, 05:38 am by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #42 on: July 14 2005, 06:57 am »
Kurogane could practically feel the confused, wounded looks that Fai was giving him, and he frowned unhappily, shifting uneasily. Just exactly what was he meant to say?

"Fai, I love you so much, I'm so sorry....come over here, and let me hold you..."

Gaah! Even in his head the words sounded so corny, so un-Kuroganeish. Suddenly making up his mind what to do, Kurogane gave Fai a blank look...and promptly turned his head away from the mage to talk to the kid.

"So, Syaoran......did anything happen whilst we were gone?"

He could see the questioning look in the kid's eyes, and the way Sakura was wincing slightly, but he didn't really care if they could sense the tension and silence between the two adults.

I can't get too close to him...so the only option left is to push him away....

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #43 on: July 14 2005, 07:35 am »
Fai sat as close as he could get to the fire, trying to warm his still shaking body.
So cold here....in this world without warmth...

He opened his eyes and gazed deep into the flames of the fire, then looked up to silently stare at the back of the ninja tending the fire.

Why, if you hate me, are you so angry? And why in the snow did you......

Suddenly, as if sensing Fai's gaze upon him, Kurogane turned and gave Fai a look of total nothingness, then abruptly turned away.
Fai's eyes widened in pain, and he quickly clenched them shut as they began to fill with tears at the look Kurogane had given him, a look he'd seen many times before on another.

As if I no longer exist to you....
I am alone once again.....
« Last Edit: July 14 2005, 10:44 am by Sakaki »

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #44 on: July 14 2005, 10:23 am »
Syaoran shook his head. "Nothing's happened yet. Though..." he gazed at his surroundings, frowning. " I feel like if we've been watched. "
He observed Fai and Kurogane's sullen faces. " Did something happen?"

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #45 on: July 15 2005, 04:26 am »
A bit taken aback by the kid actually being bold enough to ask, Kurogane stuttered in a way that was very unlike him.

"N..no, kid. Everything's peachy here. Nothing happened at all. The mage just decided to go for a walk....I caught up, and made him realise how stupid it was."

Seeing Syaoran frown, Kurogane cursed under his breath as he replayed what he'd said and realised that it didn't make sense.

"Umm...since this is a world where he's in danger, I mean...just, I....aargh! Look, it's none of your business, kid, so just forget it."

That's better......Kurogane chanced a look at the wizard again, and winced as he saw the pained stare he was getting from Fai.

"Just forget it." He repeated, staring at Fai for emphasis, making sure that Fai knew he was talking to him. If anything, the wizard looked even more crushed, and Kurogane's mouth suddenly felt dry, feeling something that he guessed could have been his heart shattering.

I'm sorry, mage, but I can't let anyone get close to me...I'm a ninja....and from another world to you, as well. Push me out of your heart.....it will be better in the end.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #46 on: July 15 2005, 06:13 am »
Just forget it............

Kurogane's words repeated over and over in his mind.
This hurt Fai more than anything. How he wished the ninja would yell, rage, even hate him.
Instead of this......
This emptiness.....
As if you no longer even see me.
As if I no longer exist......

Then Fai did the only thing he knew to do, he smiled a wide, fake smile at the ninja, trying to provoke at least his anger.
It was a weak attempt, and didn't match his hurting eyes, but he found himself doing it anyway.

It's all I have left to protect myself.........

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #47 on: July 15 2005, 06:57 am »
Syaoran watched them silently, then nodded. He knew there was something bothering them, but he knew it wasn't his intention to ask what. He went back to tend the fire; leaving Fai and Kurogane with their matters. He gazed up at the sky, watching the dark thunder clouds slowly loom across. The wind blew through his soft brown hair as he sat pensively.

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #48 on: July 15 2005, 07:24 am »
Mokona quietly climbed on top of Syaoran's shoulder, enjoying the gentle wind through his fur and the wiggling of his rabbit-like ears. He yawned as he stretched his tiny arms.

"Mokona is very tired," he said in a tired tone as he yawned again.

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #49 on: July 15 2005, 12:14 pm »
Syaoran lit a small smile at the little magic creature upon his shoulder, giving it a small pat.

"Is it because of Sakura's feather?"

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #50 on: July 16 2005, 04:08 am »
"Maybe the manjuu bun is tired from riding around on people's shoulders, and never having to walk." Kurogane snorted, crossing his arms behind his head and lying back. Best thing for now..is to just let everything go back to normal....

The next thing he knew, there was a white blob bouncing up and down on his chest. But before Mokona could complain, Kurogane simply swatted it aside, and turned over with his back facing the group. He was fed up of this small talk....

And of this strained silence between me and Fai...normally by now he'd have called me half a dozen different nicknames, and I'd be chasing him round the camp. He reflected. Aaagh! What am I thinking? The whole point of this is to make Fai hate me!

Groaning under his breath, Kurogane closed his eyes and concentrated on going to sleep. Can't go wrong with that....

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #51 on: July 16 2005, 04:56 am »
Mokona landed on the ground with his feet, sticking his tongue at Kurogane for pushing him aside. "You're so mean, Kuro-rin!" He pouted as he found a tiny raspberry and picked it up, then threw it at Kurogane. He laughed as the raspberry hit the ninja's head.

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #52 on: July 16 2005, 05:39 am »
As the raspberry hit him, Kurogane simply sighed, and ignored it, blocking out the sound of Mokona's laughter. He wasn't in the mood for fun right now.

"Hurgh...." He groaned, flinging an arm over his head.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #53 on: July 16 2005, 06:08 am »
Fai lay down on his side, near the crackling fire. Pulling his torn and dirty coat around hiim, he listened to Kurogane yell at the little, white creature and heard it's high pitched response.

Almost as if everything were normal....
But..it's not.
I no longer exist to you..
Then why did you kiss me...only to hurt me?

Fai had no intentions of sleeping, knowing how dangerous his world could be, and considering the hurt that still raged inside him.
But the wizard's body, drained from exhaustion, had other ideas.

Fai slept.
And it was a haunted sleep, filled with waking Kings, lost love and pain.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #54 on: July 17 2005, 02:11 pm »
For countless days upon months, Ashura's world had been darkness.

Trapped in his own consciousness, for an unbearable period of time he had known nothing but silence. Silence and the lonely void and darkness of his own black soul. Dark water rippled around his prison. Through slits of eyelids he could see it, and it boiled with anger. And betrayal.

Betrayed.

By those who should have been his most loyal servants. By those who should have owed him every debt of gratitude for the past. By him. Him whom he had once held completely - heart, body, and mind.

Betrayed.

He would not go unpunished.

In his slumber, Ashura could feel the stirrings of something in the silent, frigid world of Celes. A great power... He lusted for that power. It could only mean one thing. He had returned.

You cannot hide from me. You belong to me. You should never have returned,

Fai.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #55 on: July 17 2005, 02:58 pm »
Fai woke with a start, and froze, eyes wide, as his heart beat in a fast unnatural rhythm. It was almost dawn in the Land of Celes, and as Fai pushed back the blonde bangs hanging over his eyes, he remembered the words that haunted his dreams.

In the dream, Ashura stood in his watery prison, staring into Fai's eyes.

I've found you, Fai...
   You betrayed me, Fai...
  In my hands, I hold your soul..
  I demand you, RELEASE ME!

Fai began to shake as Kurogane's words also roared down upon him in the cold, pre-dawn darkness.

I hate people like you!
 I hate you.....I HATE YOU, FAI.........

"No...." He whispered, crouching down in the snow and wrapping his arms over his head.   Noooooo.................

Offline Zeldi

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #56 on: July 18 2005, 04:31 am »
*sitting on the floor* "huh?" Mokona ? i was remembering something about my home land it´s very dizzy and i´m afraid of Ashura"

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #57 on: July 18 2005, 07:33 am »
Syaoran trudged through the heavy snow, letting the blizzard's icy wind tear across his face. Sakura's feather is here...I know it. He had not told the others that he had gone; they seemed to be in no condition to help him. He could only do it himself.

Giving a set of racking coughs, he drew his cloak closer around him. The bitter wind howled in his ears; numbing his near frozen body. he fell onto the snow, panting for breath. He felt his grasp on his consciousness slowly slip away. No... I must keep going.

Laying flat on the snow, he could see a figure far away. ...Kurogane-san?
Before he could make out the figure, Syaoran closed his eyes...falling into darkness.
« Last Edit: July 19 2005, 11:13 am by Okamirei »

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #58 on: July 19 2005, 11:39 am »
Ashura's eyes flew wide open. Pinned on his back, he could see meters of dark water swirling agitated above him. A small crack appeared in the glass above his eyes, enough to let just one tiny drop of cold water drip down onto his face.

His anger was burning, making his mental signal even stronger.

I demand of you... RELEASE ME NOW!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #59 on: July 19 2005, 05:01 pm »
Fai crouched in the snow, arms covering his head, as the sun began to rise in the Land of Celes.....and a King suddenly began to wake.

Snow swirled around Fai, getting heavier by the minute.
The world was closing in on the Wizard of Celes....his world he'd fled many months before was angry with the rage of an imprisioned King, and Fai was the cause.....
The Betrayer.........

Suddenly the memory of that last day came crashing......swirling.....down, as if a gift from the snow.

How Ashura's eyes had looked the moment he had realised what Fai was to do.
"You wouldn't dare!" The King had whispered in disbelief, and then rage as Fai began to seal him away in his watery prison.....

BETRAYER...........

Fai's eyes glazed over as a powerful vision flashed before them.
Ashura...floating in his watery prison...just as Fai had left him months before.
Only Fai could see something wasn't right, something was different.....
As the wizard looked closer, he saw droplets of clear water hitting the King, and then his eyes widened as he saw the crack above.
Fai gasped as the King's eyes flew open wide and stared into his.

He's awake............and he sees me.....
      BETRAYER.............
   No...............

Fai's hands flew up to cover his ears, as Ashura's voice roared through his head...
I demand of you..............RELEASE ME NOW!