AuthorTopic: Don't you think its weird!?  (Read 17874 times)

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
Re: Don't you think its weird!?
« Reply #40 on: May 25 2006, 03:04 am »
Um...it really feels weird...the whole relationship. And yet it's kawaii. I'm slowly getting used to shounen-ai so I guess I don't really have a problem with it. After all, most of the anime I've been watching have homosexuality in them. O_O

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline Mimie

• New Fan
  • i am KYUT!!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 29 2006, 12:14 am »
Um...yeah, I'm glad I found a thread about this. I was wondering if Touya had confessed his feelings to Yukito or vice versa in the anime/manga? I knew that Yukito had admitted his feelings about Touya but the anime never showed Touya did the same. So I'm giving this relationship a benefit of a doubt. COuld anybody explain to me?
CLAMP has good fashion sense.....e_e

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #42 on: May 29 2006, 08:24 am »
well there WAS something, heck, touya and yukito called eachother by abrviated versions of their names (to-ya and yuki)

looking back at it it makes me think ALOT of the kurofai relationship, like how toya constantly tried to talk to yukito about his other form (yue) but he kept getting interupted...^^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Mimie

• New Fan
  • i am KYUT!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 01 2006, 02:45 pm »
I wish CLAMP would make out kuro/fai to be like touya/yuki. Uwaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLAMP has good fashion sense.....e_e

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 03 2006, 03:58 am »
I knew that Yukito had admitted his feelings about Touya but the anime never showed Touya did the same.

When did Yukito admit his feelings?

I am Sora's opposite...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...

Forum Family:

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #45 on: June 03 2006, 09:01 pm »
Sayuhiro: when Sakura told him she loved him, he let her down and told her that he wasn't really the one she loved the most. Sakura asked if he could tell because he himself had a most-beloved person, Yukito said yes. She asked if it was Touya - he admitted. In the manga, Eriol also confirmed this.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 04 2006, 04:13 pm »
Sayuhiro: when Sakura told him she loved him, he let her down and told her that he wasn't really the one she loved the most. Sakura asked if he could tell because he himself had a most-beloved person, Yukito said yes. She asked if it was Touya - he admitted. In the manga, Eriol also confirmed this.

oh...is that so? I guess I didn't see it...I watched CCS in dub and I think they dubbed that part as another conversation...

I am Sora's opposite...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...

Forum Family:

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 05 2006, 01:03 am »
Ohhh... no good, no good. You need to watch the undubbed. Believe me - it's a whole different show! :dodge: Or better yet, read the manga. That way, there's no way you will be able to deny the Touya/Yukito-ness or the (though onesided) Tomoyo/Sakura-ness.
Signifying nothing.

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #48 on: June 05 2006, 01:23 am »
It took me a while to get used to shounen-ai. I hated it at first, being that I live in an anti-gay society. I'm pretty much fine with it now, as long as they don't step to the next level. I still do avoid mangas and anime where the genre is yaoi, though. I don't enjoy reading a book that revolves around two guys loving each other. It's too much for me. The Touya/Yukito relationship I also found... "strange" at first. But that was when I first was reading CCS, which was years ago. I don't really mind anymore, as long as, as I said before, they don't step to the next level.

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 06 2006, 02:46 am »
Ohhh... no good, no good. You need to watch the undubbed. Believe me - it's a whole different show! :dodge: Or better yet, read the manga. That way, there's no way you will be able to deny the Touya/Yukito-ness or the (though onesided) Tomoyo/Sakura-ness.

There's also a Tomyo/Sakura-ness? Oh my... I am definitely not in a good situation...I didn't even know that! Rar! Dubbed anime just aren't great...

I am Sora's opposite...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...

Forum Family:

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #50 on: June 06 2006, 08:10 am »
There's also a Tomyo/Sakura-ness? Oh my... I am definitely not in a good situation...I didn't even know that! Rar! Dubbed anime just aren't great...

Eh, I watched the dub when I was, like, five, or something. As much as I can remember, the manga was completely different. Out of curiousity to see the actual difference, I'm currently downloading subbed episodes on my computer. It may be lisenced, but if it's still up, I'm downloading anyway.

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 15 2006, 01:40 pm »
I don't really mind their relationship but at some point (Syaoran fans don't shoot me!) before Syaoran and Sakura realized they liked each other, I kinda wanted Sakura to be with Yukito instead because she had such a huge crush on him!

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #52 on: July 14 2006, 01:47 am »

Eh, I watched the dub when I was, like, five, or something. As much as I can remember, the manga was completely different. Out of curiousity to see the actual difference, I'm currently downloading subbed episodes on my computer. It may be lisenced, but if it's still up, I'm downloading anyway.
EVERYONE loves Yuki! (even meeeeee!) I don't think it's wierd at all! I think it's cute! yuki and Toya are perfect tohether! Love is love! I mean someone mentioned Tomoyo's crush on Sakura in their post, so is that any different?

On the note of American soccer moms...I think America is too uptight about everything. If they weren't so prudeish, things would be better.

Where can I download it, Chibikawa???
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 14 2006, 02:02 am »
I think Clamp did a good job with that couple, though. They made it obvious, but not too outright blatant. They pretty much did that with every couple in the show (except for Meilin x Syaoran, which wasn't to be fulfilled either way), which is why I like CCS so much. It's all just very cute and innocent, yet deep and intricate love. =)
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #54 on: July 14 2006, 04:24 am »
Yukito and Touya's relationship is not weird to me :)
I know a few gay guys in real life, so animated ones are even easier to accept XD
Iam also currently in love with someone of the same sex, and I have been with them for 5 years, so homosexuality most definitly isn't a problem for me.

I think Yuki and Toya support eachother very well. They are like eachothers pillars of strength. Yukito looks to Toya's protection, and his devotion to Yuki even though he knows he is not human, and Toya finds comfort in being with the happy, smiling Yukito :)

After all, Ms Mitsuki herself knew that Toya would fall in love with someone else, and Sakura in the manga even gets Yukito to admit Toya is his 'number one person'. The manga is a lot more definate with their relationship than the anime.

I was so upset with the dub when it was removed, Tomoyos love for Sakura too... I guess it was seneored because of the contraversial issue of homosexuality in the US.

But most of us are lucky to have seen the original. And CCS just isn't as cute without -all- the couples. Including Toya and Yukito ^__^

moezychan

« Reply #55 on: July 14 2006, 04:32 am »
In the beginning I did think that it was weird since homosexuality was never discussed in my house. In fact, I didn't learn what it was until I was 18, so when I discovered anime it was a shock for me. Granted, I don't support it, and I never will, but it doesn't disturb me nearly as much in the beginning. I will never be predjudice of any homosexual, but I will never support it either.

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 14 2006, 04:48 am »
I just realized I've never actually responded to the question asked in this thread (though that isn't really neccesary, since everyone already knows Touya/Yuki are one of my favourite couples...), so I'll just answer with the following quote:

"If you try to fight love, you're always a loser".  :keke:

I honestly don't see what people have against same-sexed couples. Touya and Yukito are sweet together, there's genuine concern between them, they make each other happy and they're not hurting anyone by being together. How can such love ever be wrong, or "weird"? Please tell me, because I don't get it.
Signifying nothing.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #57 on: July 14 2006, 04:56 am »
I just realized I've never actually responded to the question asked in this thread (though that isn't really neccesary, since everyone already knows Touya/Yuki are one of my favourite couples...), so I'll just answer with the following quote:

"If you try to fight love, you're always a loser".  :keke:

I honestly don't see what people have against same-sexed couples. Touya and Yukito are sweet together, there's genuine concern between them, they make each other happy and they're not hurting anyone by being together. How can such love ever be wrong, or "weird"? Please tell me, because I don't get it.

I think some people are bought up to believe it is wrong. It all depends on your parents views, and what you are exposed to when you are learning what is right from wrong, friends, family, religion can be a big impact on a person's ideas of right and wrong too.

I agree with you though :) Love is Love, and although that is terribly cliched, it is also true. Love should not be 'weird', If it is true and strong, then it shouldn't be called wrong, but a blessing.

(sorry for almost going off topic there)

Offline Tails

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #58 on: July 14 2006, 05:00 am »
I agree with a lot of the opinions on here. I don't mind people who like other people of the same gender, if that's what they truly believe in and are happy, then I'm happy. As with relating to soccer moms, I have personally waged war against them all and have lost count of the number of times I have almost been crushed by their stupid minny vans :sweatdrop:

lol anyway, I think it's fine for a guy to like a guy. I do kinda have a problem with people who are gay and talk like girls and all that kind of stuff(cause it freaks me out a bit), but again, if they like it, then that's fine. I just want other people to be happy!

I wanna fly high so I can reach the highest of the heavens, Somone will be waiting for me so I gotta fly higher...

Offline Luci-Chan~~

• New Fan
  • Shorannn!!!! *-*
« Reply #59 on: July 14 2006, 07:24 am »
They are'nt in love, they're just friends n__n don't worry about that xDD
Shaoran...Waaaa!!!! x3!!