AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 8 : Beloved Daughter of God  (Read 15315 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
[TRC] Episode 8 : Beloved Daughter of God
« on: May 27 2005, 10:49 am »
Tsubasa Chronicle: Episode 08

This is the discussion topic for Episode 08 of TRC.
It will be unlocked after the episode has aired.

This episode is titled: Beloved Daughter of God

-Episode has aired, topic unlocked.
« Last Edit: June 04 2005, 08:36 pm by SLi »
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: [TRC] Episode 8 : Beloved Daughter of God
« Reply #1 on: May 28 2005, 09:47 pm »
Just posted this on my site:

This will sound strange but I honestly believe that this anime would be better without Sakura. She's honestly the most cliched and less interesting character on this show, plus her voice actor is annoying as Hell. What's more, thew riters continue to devote half of the storyline to hammer in the fact that Sakura is cool and powerful and oh, so nice. We get it already.

The way this episode started, I assumed that we would be led right up to the confrontation with Kurogane and Fay (thankfully it looks like we get that next week, making this arc a 3, maybe 4 episode one). Instead we get Sakura, being "cool" and a flashback with a supporting character that is only with the cast for this act. We get it. Her mother was killed. We don't need one flashback PER EPISODE to remind us how traumatised she is.

Mokona was cool though and the animation was top notch. But nothing really happened!!! Grrrr....
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #2 on: May 29 2005, 03:07 pm »
Er ? I think Sakura's voice is nice to me ... And it's better than Sakura's voice in CSS  :confused:
Anyways, nice epi ^^ I really enjoy it , plus, they draw Sakura nicely ( especialy her face, her eyes), Syaoran too....

This will sound strange but I honestly believe that this anime would be better without Sakura.

I disagree, Sakura is an important chacracter, without her there would no TRC manga or anime for us to see  -_-
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #3 on: May 29 2005, 09:15 pm »
I just saw this chapter.

I didn´t dislike it but it´s again about something that I´m not sure it is completely necessary to ad. I knew anime is never excatly the same as the manga and I have adjusted to it many other times, Tsubasa should be no exception.

Animation was fine again and I´m really hoping they keep it that way, as well as a good character design.

About Sakura, I don´t find her voice that annoying ^^u the only annoying thing to me is the same it was when I first started reading the manga: this time she is the princess asking for/needing help. I know I should separate my memories of CCS from TRC but it´s still difficult XD The whole story is about helping her but I somehow miss a more active/reactive Sakura who is not a princess in disgrace...then we are not in a shoujo anymore...sigh...

Don´t get me wrong I love this story anyways *__*.

• Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #4 on: May 29 2005, 09:44 pm »
Sakura is cute cos' her heart... And I love her anyways  :XD:
Yeah, it's sure that at the beginning Sakura is the one need help and little ...uhm... "useless".  But later, chap 75 in manga ( or so ..) Sakura has won the race without anyone's help ^^ I guess that she will shinning after she gets enough feather as her energy  :keke:
Besides, Syaoran is worry so much about her ... Although she may doesn't need help, but Syaoran does

Ah, back of topic, the daughter who was loved by God is Sakura right ?! But I didn't understand much >.< The scence when Sakura talks with ..uhm.. beasts  :dodge:  then there's a light fall into her, what is it ?! Is that Chunyan's mother ?!!  :surprised:  :confused:
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

Forum Family

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #5 on: May 29 2005, 10:19 pm »
yeah, I was so also happy when I saw her win that race, though it is a long way to go until we see her do this on anime.

Yes, Sakura is the beloved daughter of the gods since she was abble to return from that place aling Shaoran and because she could touch thos beasts withut getting scared (or something like that), the little blue light was Chunyan´s mother and the monsters were the villagers that were sucked inside the gates some time ago.

Offline Nexi_sys

• New Fan
  • "Pase lo que pase...todo estará bien"
« Reply #6 on: May 30 2005, 11:24 am »
what are you talking about? sakura is cute and she's the best thing that anime could happen
I realized who my beloved was
More and more I felt in love
Gradually, finally, you're the only one
Always call me, because I will believe in you

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #7 on: May 30 2005, 11:35 am »
I like Sakura in the manga, but the anime version is just pi$$ing me off. Even in the first episode before she lost her feathers she really annoyed me. This is one anime that I can't wait for the English version.  :heh:

• Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #8 on: May 30 2005, 01:36 pm »
Ah, excuse me ^^ The story in anime was created by CLAMP or anyone else ?!
Kurogane is <3

Forum Family

Offline AiKo

• ~* Curious Koneko *~
  • "A True Fan"
  • M as curious as a cat~ nyahn~
« Reply #9 on: May 30 2005, 10:11 pm »
The eppie was okay... but i really hope for more expressions -_- They're so expressionless!
Wai~~!!! :3 :cat: i wuv cats :cat:

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #10 on: May 31 2005, 01:33 am »
just saw the episode..!

quite ok.. and i love the scene where Sakura was sucked into the mystery place and then Syaoran ran after her.. also, the scene where she touched those creatures.. *awww* no doubt that Sakura is God's fav. daughter as she was the first(?) and Syaoran to return back...

again, Kurogane was funny.. all equipped to go for war.. but in the end.. could not go.. *lol*
Fye was cheerful as usual..

what i dont like was the part where Chun Hyang stopped Syaoran from getting Sakura back.. i was like.. hey! he has something important to do.. dont stop him!! *lol*

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #11 on: May 31 2005, 02:14 am »
i agree with blue topaz! hey chung yuan- dont stop syaroan!! he needs to save sakura. yeah- i liked the part when he was so worried abt sakura and went to save her- awwww, and when chung yuan's mother (?) was like- go bk with ur loved one bk to where  you belong- and sakura grabbed syaoran's hand- awwww!! lolzz
yeah i liked this episode- its getting better- :rotfl:

and funny fay with his hair upside down!! lolz

cant wait for the nxt eppi!  :hello2:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #12 on: May 31 2005, 04:40 am »
This episode wasn't as good as the ones before....not enough happened. It felt almost like a filler, juts put there to make the series have enough episodes....although the things said and the actions are still very kawaii!

The eppie was okay... but i really hope for more expressions -_- They're so expressionless!

It's not that bad...most of the emotions are conveyed via eyes, if you look closely, which is a very nice way of doing it. Who needs overdone, comedic expressions when you have beautiful eyes?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

• Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #13 on: May 31 2005, 12:15 pm »
Agree ^^ The best part was the scence when Sakura touch those beast and cry :D She's like an angel for me ^^
Kurogane is <3

Forum Family

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #14 on: May 31 2005, 12:36 pm »
The episode was Ok I guess. The art is getting better, yay^^.
I noticed they don't really show blood and injuries and such. Like when Syaoran got hit by the hurricane in the last episode, he had no scratches at all. When Chuyn Yuan's mother died, no wounds, no blood at all.

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #15 on: May 31 2005, 06:20 pm »
Episode 8 isn't that bad, it's actually okay, but i didn't actually adore it either.  -_-But from the preview, I have a feeling this'll end next week. Was that the Amenosa Mitenshu? Anyway, another comment....

Enough with the emotion-less faces people! That's what I hate a lot, no offense.  -_- But the Artwork is good though.  :tongue3:

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #16 on: May 31 2005, 06:54 pm »
The episode was Ok I guess. The art is getting better, yay^^.
I noticed they don't really show blood and injuries and such. Like when Syaoran got hit by the hurricane in the last episode, he had no scratches at all. When Chuyn Yuan's mother died, no wounds, no blood at all.

Maybe she's Maybelene! ;)

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 01 2005, 10:25 am »
the episode was alright...  i enjoyed it.. :)  i just think it's weird how tears can just come out all of a sudden..  it was so cute when sakura held onto syaoran's hand and they both were transfered outside.. :D ^-^ so kawaii...

warauKuro-rin

« Reply #18 on: June 01 2005, 03:24 pm »
Overall, I'd say it was a pretty kawaii episode  :wink: Sakura is so brave and caring, just like Syaoran! Oh, who are those two people, the man and woman, watching Sakura all of the time from the dark?

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 01 2005, 11:11 pm »
i believe you're referring to the bad guys that wants to steal sakura's powers and caused her to lose all her memories in the first place. evil :angry:
lolzz
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #20 on: June 02 2005, 01:10 am »
I just watched  this and I also thought of it as a filler episode. In fact, I have to agree, Sakura's starting to irk me for some reason in this anime (Nooooo! This can't be happening!  :sad5:). Ok fine, Sakura does have potential power within her and it's great to see so many signs of it. But at this stage? I don't think so... She only has two feathers returned! The manga had more sense to let her character grow in time as more feathers are collected... but to see Sakura rushing off here and there because "she can sense something" can get to you in a way.

And for some reason, I can't see Syaoran as heroic as I did in the manga. I feel like he's too careless here... but that's my opinion, nya. @.@

I'm starting to prefer the manga over the anime more and more. Except for the music... the music definitely rocks.

The only thing I liked about the episode was... all right, Sakura finding those strange people there. It kinda felt hopeful, seeing it that way and knowing that Chun Hyang's mother is, in a way, alive. And it's great to see Sorata and Arashi again! Kawaii! ^^

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 02 2005, 02:31 am »
i don't think i ever saw sorata and arashi in this world in the manga...  i was surprised to seeing them though!  sakura does seem to show her powers early in the anime...  in the manga.. she was still lost about everything and syaoran was always doing the searching..  the anime.. sakura seems kinda like sakura from ccs.. (to me that is)  she's just not a secondary character in trc.. but this episode, makes it seem like the focus is more around her... though syaoran is the main character..

Offline aLie-ChAn

• New Fan
  • LiFe iZ jUzT a RolleR cOasTeR..u Juz GottA RiDe iT
« Reply #22 on: June 02 2005, 05:20 pm »
well, the eppy  was okay overall ^^ *glad it turned out okay! not DAT bad* the art is sooo gettin better N nice  :okay: N da music also rox ^__^
me hope sakura gets a bit more active like in CCS *not NOW, afterwards ^^* N syaoran a bit more heroic....though i dun't want many people 2 hate da anime..it should be good , no, BETTER than CCS! *hopefully* ^____^  *da manga really rox though*  :D
~ WhereveR U ArE , WuteveR U Do, JuZ RemembeR , I WilL Be AlwayZ ThinkinG oF U....~

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 04 2005, 06:35 pm »
i don't like filler eps much... the only reason why i don't mind this episode is cos it focuses on sakura's power... or the mysteriousness of it... and the lovely s+s moments...
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline angel

« Reply #24 on: June 05 2005, 07:24 pm »
finally found the discussion thread... been busy wif sch... so i comment episode 8 late...
ok here my comments... tis episode is not bad... but i dun understand some parts.... the voice told sakura tat she n her lover should go back to the place they belong.... i tot tat tis info should haf been immediately deleted frm sakura memory... im quite confused abt tis part...

Offline libra

• I'm really Naruto, my school teacher told me !
« Reply #25 on: June 05 2005, 08:03 pm »
Tsubasa 8 Wonderful for princess Sakura save the hero (Syaoran)...
Fantastic.. :wink:
More important, trust yourself.....

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #26 on: June 10 2005, 05:23 am »
Did anyone else get scared by the close up of Syaoran smiling when he vows to get Sakura back from the castle? That wasn't well drawn at all...his face was just so flat looking and round! And his mouth was too wide!

But other than that...pretty good, especially with the townspeople scene in the castle - kawaii!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 23 2005, 04:07 am »
Thie episode was pretty good especially the scene with the villagers. YEAH! ONe question though did syaoran hear what chung-hyan's mom said about "take the one you love and go where you belong" ? I can't tell from his expression.
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...