AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 7 : Crushed Memento  (Read 18445 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
[TRC] Episode 7 : Crushed Memento
« on: May 21 2005, 09:41 am »
Tsubasa Chronicle: Episode 07

This is the discussion topic for Episode 07 of TRC.
It will be unlocked after the episode has aired.

-Episode 7 has aired, topic unlocked

This episode is titled: Crushed Memento
« Last Edit: May 28 2005, 09:10 pm by SLi »
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: [TRC] Episode 7 Discussions Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 21 2005, 10:58 pm »
This episode was interesting as Saoran and the gang arrive in their second world. The main concepts of the series have been introduced so the story kicks of straight away and judging from the preview for Episode 8, I'm guessing this arc will only go for about 3, maybe 4 episodes! Great stuff. A much faster pace so far than the Hanshin arc which was starting to bore a LOT of people.

Something that really impressed me with this episode was the new music themes! Almost all the music was new for this world and those bits that were used from the Hanshin arc where given a slight twist to suit the new, ancient Korean world. i.e. some oriental strings added.

Animation was top notch, no wierd looking Mokona like last week, though Sakura is really annoying me now. It's like they're going for the "She's so quiet and worried... that means she's deep and cool!" but it's just pissing me off. I don't know why but the voice actress sure isn't helping.

No major deviations from the manga that I can remember. Didn't catch Miyuki, though will double check this evening.
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Kurorin

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #2 on: May 22 2005, 10:17 pm »
Was that Sorata and Arashi in the preview?   :inlove:
Webmaster, Wing Journey

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: May 23 2005, 12:06 am »
i think it was.. i was like COOL when i saw them too

ok i only saw the RAW and i dont' really get everything.. but i'm downloading the sub right now..

this episode's ending was pretty sad for that little girl.. umm i don't remember her name.. how her mom's fan was destroyed.. *sigh

AH!! sakura seems so helpless and no offense. umm useless.. haha.. syaoran is doing to major a** kicking.. LMAO!! he's protecting sakura like every 5 minutes.. haha sakura is just standing there smiling.. haha

where did fai and kurogane go in the end of the episode?? what the.. haha they just disappeared.. wasn't it the house they were fixing before ?__? haha i guess i didn't get it because i kept on fastforwarding it.. HAHA.. i was like i'll watch the subb and get everything later.. well i guess i really have to watch the sub now..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #4 on: May 23 2005, 12:20 am »
Yeah, Sakura didn't like that, right ? I hate how they make a useless/helpless :angry:
But look like she's going to go to the castle for Chunyan then got stuck in it and Syaoran's going to save her ^^" Old story ^^"

Anyways, the epi was good ^^ I really like the scence when they destroy Chunyan'smother's fan, really really sad... It make sad more than the scense I suppose to be sad ^^" ( where Sakura asked Syaoran who was he)
Ah, the scence that Sakura asks Syaoran to call her by name is cute too ^^ Of course, it's SS moments :XD:

But, excuse me, what's different between "Syaoran-kun" and" Syaoran" ?!
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline MysticMog

« Reply #5 on: May 23 2005, 12:43 am »
Yep, poor Sakura. Compared to her CCS counter-part, she is kind of helpless in this anime  :sweatdrop:. Downloading sub right now, so I'll be able to see this episode soon.
Favorite Animes: Bleach, Card Captor Sakura, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Currently Watching: Tsubasa Chronicles, Bleach, Full Metal Panic

• Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #6 on: May 23 2005, 01:42 am »
In epi 7 Fye said: " ...We can't get the true Sakura until her memories get back..."
Okay, let us believe in Fye :p... I don't think the true Sakura is weak, useless ore helpless.....

Sakura-chan GO GO GO !!
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

Forum Family

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: May 23 2005, 05:40 am »
*lol*
Syaoran's flying kick was so cool!! wish i can get into the anime and give that bad guy the flying kick as well!  :hello2:

Fye and Kuropuu/Kuropipi were funny as usual.. and im starting to like them more!!  :okay:

the scene where they showed Chun Hyang's mother's fan being destroyed.. its kinda sad.. again, i wanna give the bad guy another flying kick... so evil of them...

probably Sakura just woke up from her sleep.. so she's kinda in a daze.. hopefully, by the next episode or with the next feather found.. she will show more expressions..
 :keke:

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #8 on: May 23 2005, 07:51 am »
I loved this episode.   ^^  Some little things annoy me like some of their facial expressions and actions.  It followed the manga very well and I loved Syaoran's flying kick!  How cute.  I saw this episode right after I read my TRC Volume 3 too (same chapters and events going on).  lol

It was so cute how Sakura and Syaoran still had those same dot-eyed expressions when Chunyan first brought them to her house.  (like this "._.")  XDD  And Mokona's little actof being a sage and going "ka ka ka ka ka ka" or whatever was funny.  I'm glad the anime is getting better as we go along.  =D  The moment Fai said "And that's Kuro-puu" I started cracking up.   Also when he said "Kuro-pipi"...socute.  xDD

I love Fai's seiyuu!!  The way he said Kuro-puu was so damn hott!!!  Rofl.  I didn't like the part though of when we first see Syaoran and Sakura and the camera/animation angled them sideways.  They looked so damn skinny.  I knew they were skinny however but I paid no mind to it but now...geez.  Lol

I also loved the part when Sakura got all four of the yellow balls.  Everyone's expressions were priceless. lmao.  They changed the game from the original manga but its fine.  I'll live.  :P Overall, the episode was great.  Nothing too spectacular to point out, just that it was fine.   :heh:.
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #9 on: May 23 2005, 11:34 am »
I really liked this episode too.
I think that Fai's animation was good and we are getting to see more of his personality. A couple close ups on him being serious were just awesome.

This episode had some great action with Syaoran fighting and I loved Kuro-chi
and Fai's exclamations when Syaoran kicked butt!
And Kuro-puu's yelling at Fai while he was fixing the roof was really cute.

Can't wait to see them face off with the Shinban woman.

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #10 on: May 23 2005, 11:44 am »
This epi was awsome!!  :okay: Chuyn Yuan is so cute^^. Syaoran kicked major butt XD The background music was nice, same with the animation.^^
Wish they did the dice part though...
« Last Edit: May 23 2005, 12:00 pm by Okamirei »

Offline MysticMog

« Reply #11 on: May 23 2005, 01:07 pm »
Watched the episode, Syaoran kicked some *** :). Good episode overall. Loved seeing the same dotted eyes as we grew to love from CCS  :keke:. Hope to see some more action in coming episodes though. (Shougo & Syaoran fight from episode 6 was lame :( )
Favorite Animes: Bleach, Card Captor Sakura, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Currently Watching: Tsubasa Chronicles, Bleach, Full Metal Panic

Offline eiji

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #12 on: May 23 2005, 02:40 pm »

But, excuse me, what's different between "Syaoran-kun" and" Syaoran" ?!

Sakura calling Syaoran by his name without honorifics simply means "he's worth a lot to her".

Attaching the "-kun" after it would either mean, "hey, I juz met you so I'll call you by your name politely."
In the skies are her memories!

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #13 on: May 23 2005, 02:42 pm »
someone asked what's the difference betweeen syaoran-kun and syaoran is right??

well i'm not sure but in japan there have a lot of traditions or something.. an example would be like if you just met someone, you would call them by their last names.. ie.. kinomoto-san or lee-kun.. something like that

and then after a while they would become closer friends and call each other by their friend name like sakura-chan, syaoran-kun

and basically the 'kun' part is like manners i guess.. i think for someone to just say syaoran, syaoran tells them they can.. probably like family or really close people. so like girl-freinds and boy-friends.. or just really close friends..

i'm not really sure if that helped you understand this but this is what i get from watching a bunch of animes.. basically the endings are being polite and just calling people's names.. something like how in english you would call an adult.. Mr. (name) or Miss. (name).. etc.. hope this helped you.. hehe.. i doubt it did though.. *sigh
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 23 2005, 05:06 pm »
WOO HOO!! syaoran can kick butt!! oh yea! that's what they get for messing with OUR syaoran! :D muahahhaha.. um.. anyhow...  it gets better and better!! but then... the part when syaoran was fighting the soldiers from chunyan's mother's fan.... the fight scene wasn't all that great...  he was just standing there... twist kick twist kick.. end! WHIRLWIND! that's all...

Offline windytree

• a Hundred Smiles for you forever and always
« Reply #15 on: May 23 2005, 06:19 pm »
Huh?? ancient Korean world?? it looked light ancient chinese world to me.. from the houses to the hats and the clothing. Even the magic fan is a symbol from chinese legends... so.... is it really korean?

HAHAHAH this one was SOO funny!!! Mokona is SOOO cute!!! COoLesT iDOl ever!! hahah hilariously funnnY!! :haha:
and Kuropipi and FYe are so FUNNy too!!! i loved them working together so well!! lol cough cough!!
And of coURSe!! OoOoooOO i loved the Syaoran and Sakura glances.... how he looks at her, and she looks at him!!!  :inlove: TOTEMO KAWAII!!! and of course Chunyan is SOOO...i love her too!

ka ka ka ka ka!!!!!
If i can take a star for everytime you've made me smile. Then all the stars in the sky will be in my hand. And if stars can really make dreams come true, i will give each and every star to you.

Offline AiKo

• ~* Curious Koneko *~
  • "A True Fan"
  • M as curious as a cat~ nyahn~
« Reply #16 on: May 23 2005, 08:18 pm »
The anime's getting  better and better~!! :D and the Kurogane and Fai scenes are getting cuter and funnier~ :haha: Though I just wish they would put more emotions and a bit more action :heh: But overall it's :okay:
Wai~~!!! :3 :cat: i wuv cats :cat:

Offline Kurorin

• New Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 23 2005, 09:57 pm »
Huh?? ancient Korean world?? it looked light ancient chinese world to me.. from the houses to the hats and the clothing. Even the magic fan is a symbol from chinese legends... so.... is it really korean?

This part of the storyline is a crossover from another one of CLAMP's work, Shin Shunkaden (also known as The Legend of Chun Hyang), which is based off a Korean folktale.  It may look Chinese since well, a lot of Korean culture has its roots in Chinese culture to begin with.
Webmaster, Wing Journey

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 23 2005, 10:53 pm »
yeah, this episode rocked!!
i was glad they followed the manga- and included the flying kick frm syaoran!! (loved that part!!) GO syaoran, go!!! and little mokana's imitation of the kick was also included!! funny!!!  :hehe:

awww, the lil flash back of s + s!!! so sweet syaoran and sakura- it was a sad yet happy part!!!  :sweatdrop:

ohhh, nxt episode!!! more s and s- syaoran saves sakura!!  :okay:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline penelopeshl

« Reply #19 on: May 24 2005, 12:09 am »
there is a problem wif the link of episode 7.! :sad5:

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #20 on: May 24 2005, 06:54 am »
***there is a problem wif the link of episode 7.! ***

Which link are you trying to use?
I used the wmv with no problem. Right click and save as.

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #21 on: May 24 2005, 10:04 am »
Episode 7: Cracked memory

Okay, here we go:

Syaoran's kick:  :hello2: *raises sign "10"* Nice!

SD Sakura and Syaoran: Ah! I thought I would never see this! See?  :hello2:

Mokona's version of Mito Koumon: Wah! Fay and Kuropii together with Mokona with costumes is sooo cuuute!  :tongue3:

Everyone shocked: Whee! Another one:  :D

Flashback of Young Sakura and Syaoran: Wai! So Kawaii!  :inlove:

Syaoran's battle: Yeah! Syaoran kicks shadow-ninja-whatever a** !  :hello2:

Tornado on Syaoran: Oi! That's cheating!

Chun Hyang: I feel so sorry for her.  :sad5:

Random comments:

Why does Syaoran always have a blank face when facing enemies? Show a little more emotion, grrr.  -_-

Can that big guy even balance himself?  :D

Overall: Good one!  :hello2:

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 24 2005, 03:08 pm »
i agree.. i noticed it too.. syaoran always have a serious looking face when he's fighting... cause he's got something to be done? i dont know.. but he's always like that tho.. :S.. which i thought was weird..  think's he tough guy..

• Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #23 on: May 24 2005, 03:12 pm »
Yeah, same face when battle ~> Scary guy >.<
I don't know why they made Syaoran like that, but seems like it look-a-like another Syaoran , i think
Kurogane is <3

Forum Family

Offline angel

« Reply #24 on: May 24 2005, 07:40 pm »
woot.. another not bad episode... following the manga quite well... though some parts r added... but it ok wif those additional scences... GOODNESS OF THIS EPIDOSE: i liked in tis episode is syaron kicking.... and also mokena imitating the erm Mito Koumon?? well not sure but it very very cute... and also in tis episode none of the characters r drawn way too weirdly...

Offline Hikaru

« Reply #25 on: May 25 2005, 07:09 am »
OMG!  I loved this chapter, I think I laughed more than with the other ones.  It had very good moments, (raise your hand if you love Fighter!Syaoran ).  And any scene that includes an angry Kurogane and a laid-back Fay is always good for me.  I felt this chapter move faster (maybe because all of the other kingdome's chapters).  And the music, I felt it was the best music of all chapters yet.
~Hikaru~

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #26 on: May 25 2005, 08:26 pm »
Sakura can win random games! I think she's related to Walt from LOST!  :heh:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline chellin

• ahhahahaha
« Reply #27 on: May 25 2005, 10:45 pm »
er.....do u know where to download Episode8 ? ^ ^'
muhahaha

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #28 on: May 25 2005, 10:47 pm »
er.....do u know where to download Episode8 ? ^ ^'

dont think its out yet..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline chellin

• ahhahahaha
« Reply #29 on: May 25 2005, 10:49 pm »
okey ^ ^' thanks
muhahaha

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
Re: [TRC] Episode 7 : Crushed Memento
« Reply #30 on: May 26 2005, 09:52 am »
does CLAMP think of the games out of nowhere? or are they actual games in Japan/Korea?

Offline Kurorin

• New Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 26 2005, 10:29 am »
does CLAMP think of the games out of nowhere? or are they actual games in Japan/Korea?

The game that Sakura played in the anime is actually pretty common.  It's a bit like a raffle, when a store wants to have a special promotion to advertise a new product, celebrate an anniversary, etc.  They have that game at the Japanese stores that I visit here in NY and depending on what color of the ball that you get, it corresponds to a certain prize.
Webmaster, Wing Journey

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 29 2005, 02:04 pm »
yah! i can finally participate in the discussions...

in general i think the entire anime is a little slow...sometimes the 'camera' focuses too long on a face before it reacts, i think it was in this episode...fye/fai was talking to kurogane about sakura and he looked (his art/drawing) looked a bit weird...i dunno if anyone noticed

when i first read the manga i thought the same thing - that sakura was so useless...it's infuriating isn't it? but yes, like fye/fai said...she doesn't have enough feathers.
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 23 2005, 04:35 am »
this episode was good . did anybody pick up on sakura really looking at syaoran when he kicked the guy for her and then after looking at him when he ofers to help out. Yeah ! even if she does not remember him she still senses something hopefullly....
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...