AuthorTopic: Rurouni Kenshin  (Read 11938 times)

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
Re: Ruroni Kenshin
« Reply #40 on: August 17 2005, 02:03 pm »
I was wondering when somebody would start a page about kenshin or whether i should do it myself.

I love kenshin! I saw the whole series. I have yet to see the movies but i'm working on it. This was like my first anime ever show and it quickly became popular in my country. In fact it is with the release of Kenshin that anime shows on the whole became well known here. So I owe that show a lot, people here still think Kenshin when I say anime and I have a hard time convincing them that there are other anime shows. He is practically a legend here.
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...

Offline Light_Card

« Reply #41 on: August 17 2005, 03:07 pm »
wow Jovi206 that is soo cool i get made fun of by my family for watching so much anime but i bought the series and i even got my dad to watch it he says that he 'likes that one about the guy with the backwards sword' lol it is soo funny because he can never remember the name of it so he calles it a bunch of weird things.
We are born and someday we will all die Animes and Chocolate just make life a little more bearable.

Offline yondaime

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #42 on: April 18 2006, 05:12 am »
if i were u I would bye every single kenshin book right now. they are down with 2 book's to go. so go buy them right now. kenshin is going to end

Offline Gabys!

• Good Fan
  • SeeKiNg FoR HaPPiNeSS...
« Reply #43 on: April 18 2006, 11:40 am »
I'm reading the manga too! But it is getting to it's end... 2 more books to go... TT_________TT It's a really interesting story I love how Watsuki mixed japanese history and fiction ^^ And the manga is sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the anime!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline yondaime

« Reply #44 on: April 18 2006, 12:17 pm »
u know rurouni kenshin is all based on a true story

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 18 2006, 02:23 pm »
"True" is a relative term. The history behind Rurouni Kenshin are based on ancient Japanese history. The characters themselves are also based in some though not wholly on real-life people. To say the entire storylines are based on a true story is false.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline yondaime

« Reply #46 on: April 19 2006, 01:21 am »
wow really

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #47 on: April 19 2006, 02:32 am »
Kenshin himself was not a real person, but he was based on one, can't remember, but other Chara, Like those of Shinsengumi's Hajimi Tozshiro? are real.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline yondaime

« Reply #48 on: April 19 2006, 06:29 am »
wow. I thought saito's team was made up.
Kawakami Gensai (河上彦斎, 4 December 1834 - 13 January 1871), was an imperialist and one of the four great Hitokiri (lit. "man-slayer") of the Bakumatsu period of 19th century Japan, and fought against the Western-accommodating Tokugawa Shōgunate in order to restore the Emperor to power and force all foreigners from Japan. It is said that, at first glance, he could be mistaken for a girl or young boy, but that his nature was indeed the complete opposite. He was recorded as being a cold, disciplined, and calculating warrior. It was also said that he was the most lethal of the four Hitokiri.

Kawakami was a non-practicing Buddhist, but dedicated himself to its study heartily. His discipline was Kenjutsu. He studied the “lighting-fast” Furanui style, and used Shiranui-ryu. Kawakami was a loyalist and patriot of the Empire, who, at the time, were called the “Ishin Shishi” group. Because of these beliefs, and his personal strengths in the area of swordsmanship, he became a Hitokiri, or elite samurai assassin, who served the Emperor vehemently.

Kawakami was made more famous for cutting down Sakuma Shōzan, a prominent, pro-western Japanese politician in broad daylight. He was the presumed suspect for many other prominent assassinations, but nothing had ever been proven, and still remains a mystery even to date. After the Meiji restoration ended the era of the samurai, Kawakami taught samurai philosophy for a short time. However, his ideas about isolationism conflicted with those of the government. He was brought in on falsified charges, and executed in the fourth year of the Meiji era (1871).

The character Himura Kenshin from the anime and manga Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X was loosely based on Kawakami.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #49 on: April 19 2006, 12:22 pm »
Saito's his last name, now I remeber, yes his team was very real, and very deadly, You should see Peacemaker Kurogane, It has the Shinsengumi in it, and 90% are based off of real people in Japan.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline yondaime

« Reply #50 on: June 03 2006, 05:40 pm »
yeah I know. it's too bad what happen's to kenshin and karou

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #51 on: June 03 2006, 06:39 pm »
With the OVA, I cryed my eyes out, I was happy for the Manga, and I love both endings, be it that everyone hated the OVA, I loved it, and the manga was, or at least felt like a ending that could be continued
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #52 on: June 03 2006, 08:55 pm »
I never thought I would like this show, since I had heard it was action/humour, a combination I usually dislike, but I have to admit, Kenshin as a character is utterly adorable! His voice actor does such a good job, especially with those cute oro's.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #53 on: June 05 2006, 04:33 am »
This show has everything, i really love it, but i hate kaoru with all my heart.  i don't think that kenshin thinks of her in any romantic way.

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 08 2006, 08:21 pm »
Favorite character: Kenshin!

I love the genre: Humor/Action

Can't say anything more. Just...LOVE THE SHOW!!!

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline Gabys!

• Good Fan
  • SeeKiNg FoR HaPPiNeSS...
« Reply #55 on: June 09 2006, 01:59 am »
Fav. Character: Seijurou Hiko XDDD and  Aoshi Shinomori!!!!