AuthorTopic: Rurouni Kenshin  (Read 11939 times)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Ruroni Kenshin
« Reply #20 on: May 13 2005, 04:50 am »
really ? well most characters i like have done both, i guess i havn't seen many who have done either good or bad. most i seen do both. and that makes sense becase we all do good and bad things so it makes it more realistic and we kind of associate with the fact he's trying to make up for something terrible he has done in the past.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #21 on: May 13 2005, 04:55 am »
In the first episode of the anime, they showed a clip of him killing all the people, and wreathed his figure in flame...if that doesn't say bad boy....then I don't know what does.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #22 on: May 13 2005, 05:21 am »
In the first episode of the anime, they showed a clip of him killing all the people, and wreathed his figure in flame...if that doesn't say bad boy....then I don't know what does.

.. uh ... i know, thats why i said that

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #23 on: May 13 2005, 05:24 am »
Sorry, I was answering bluetopaz...I hadn't refreshed my page, so ur post didn't show up. One of the many reasons I like Kenshin is also that he doesn't boast about his skills - when he was locked up in the first epi for accidentally seeing the girl in the bath, he escaped without problem.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #24 on: May 13 2005, 05:30 am »
ah yes i remmember the first episode now, yea it was good. and for some reason that just reminded me of an episode of inuyasha when kagome got attacked by a huge guy who was controlled by some bird o.O

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 13 2005, 10:40 am »
erm.. in the earlier manga or anime.. did they ever show the bad side of Kenshin?

In the manga series, they did show flashbacks of his old Hitokiri Battosai days, as also in the anime.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #26 on: May 14 2005, 07:08 am »
'hitokiri battosai' is lone killer or lone ranger?

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
  • The sword that cleaves evil
« Reply #27 on: May 14 2005, 09:07 am »
Hitokiri is what they called swordsmen who worked as assassins, I believe.

Battousai, as he reveals in the battle against that one dude who could paralyze people, represented his supreme mastery of Battou Jutsu(you know, when they start the attack with the blade still in the sheath).

At least, I believe that's correct.
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #28 on: May 14 2005, 01:09 pm »
Yup!!It is and he lives from after the end of Meiji era where the gov't in Japan is very terrible.BTW,I watched also RK even it is an English or Tagalog dubbed in my country and they shown 10 episodes in Monday-Wednesday-Friday only!!! :okay:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #29 on: May 14 2005, 06:33 pm »
I think they made some OVAs out of these great series, and sold them on DVD under 'Samurai X', giving them corny names like Betrayal......which ruined the series in my opinion. They skipped loads of the plot.

By the way.....I watched a music vid, and Kenshin held a sword to a black haired girl's neck, and there was later a clip of her dying on the ground - she lifted her sword, and scarred Kenshin's cheek with that cross....

who was she?
« Last Edit: August 10 2005, 03:18 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #30 on: May 14 2005, 11:46 pm »
I think they made some OVAs out of these great series, and sold them on DVD under 'Samurai X', giving them corny names like Betrayal......which ruined the series in my opinion. They skipped loads of the plot.

its an OVA, NOT the series, i think the OVA was awesome, you have to watch it before you judge, and it's NOT the series, its an Original Video Animation. keep that in mind next time.

Offline MysticMog

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #31 on: May 16 2005, 12:28 pm »
Watched majority of episodes before I got fed up and read summaries for the rest. The series is at its top during the Shishio and Juppongatana arch, then it goes down hill. I suggest watching it though to the end of the Shishio arch at the very least, its very addictive to watch (Up to episode 63) then just read summaries for the rest if you really are curious what happens at the end. One more things, Shinomori Aoshi rules!!  :)
Favorite Animes: Bleach, Card Captor Sakura, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Currently Watching: Tsubasa Chronicles, Bleach, Full Metal Panic

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 16 2005, 12:39 pm »
Watched majority of episodes before I got fed up and read summaries for the rest. The series is at its top during the Shishio and Juppongatana arch, then it goes down hill. I suggest watching it though to the end of the Shishio arch at the very least, its very addictive to watch (Up to episode 63) then just read summaries for the rest if you really are curious what happens at the end. One more things, Shinomori Aoshi rules!! :)

The Shishio arc was the highlight...the final two story arcs were just plain lousy IMO...it's almost like they were stretching for a storyline...

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #33 on: May 16 2005, 12:46 pm »
The Shishio arc was the highlight...the final two story arcs were just plain lousy IMO...it's almost like they were stretching for a storyline...

could it be that they were forced to (or were pleaded to) by the fans for more story so they just trued to make more stuff up but failed ?

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 16 2005, 02:29 pm »
That could be a possibility. The Christians trying to take over Japan wasn't too bad but the Black Knights arc wasn't great and the ending was horrible. The final story arc had to do with mystic stuff...dragon lines through the Earth and mind-control...felt out of place. My two cents...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #35 on: May 17 2005, 06:27 am »
Umm...about my other post....does anyone have any idea who the woman is?

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #36 on: May 19 2005, 10:42 pm »
Hmmm....I know her name and it was Tomoe 'cause I just read the summary of the OVA!!  :okay:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #37 on: August 10 2005, 03:00 am »
I watched to whole series and the OVA.  The series was great, except that the last episode was wierd, it looks like it was just tacked on, to avoid complaints that the series stopped.   :haha: I didn't like the OVA at all, I think it was because I had seen the entire series first, so the change was unwelcome.   :heh:

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:
Dragonia - Imoto-Chan, moonprincess18 - Imoto-Chan
moezy-chan - Onee-San, KawaiiHana - Itoko
KuroPuppy  - Onii-San, Tooya_Mizuki - Onii-San
Zeldi - Imoto-Chan, Starfire - Imoto-Chan
Okamirei - Imoto-Chan, Ralea - Imoto-Chan
OniiChanTouya-Itoko, princess_kakurine - Imoto-Chan, Moon Hime - Imoto Chan

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #38 on: August 10 2005, 07:07 am »
oh i didn't notice this thread  was here!  ack!!  *bad star*   
 I love Kenshin!  (he used to be my fav until i discoverd  Fai!) 
Sanosuke is cool! 
I have seen only what they have shown here in the us  (i taped most episodes)  I have lots of the books (need to get more)  I even painted Kenshin in art class!  lol 
(Wastsuki thank you for creating this awesome Manga)
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #39 on: August 10 2005, 12:21 pm »
Hmmm....I know her name and it was Tomoe 'cause I just read the summary of the OVA!! :okay:
Oh god, Tomoe... I liked her... she has much better personality than Kaoru-chan with that femme- fetale role she played...

For those who didn't watch the OVA, pleeeease watch the OVA, it tells you how Kenshin got his cross- scars...