AuthorTopic: Artemis Fowl :D  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
Artemis Fowl :D
« on: May 07 2005, 03:03 pm »
Hm...if there's a Harry Potter board, let's make a Artemis Fowl board!  :keke:
I love Artemis Fowl! The new book, "the opal Deception" was so good!  :XD: My fav. characters would be Artemis himself, Holly and Butler^^.
Wish they would make a movie, but I suppose with the fairies and elves and such, it would be hard finding the right actors, hehe :sweatdrop:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: Artemis Fowl :D
« Reply #1 on: May 07 2005, 08:39 pm »
I've got all the other three books, except for the newest one...I'll be getting that when I can stop myself spending on manga!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #2 on: May 09 2005, 02:23 am »
Heee? There's another book? I only have three!!  :sad5:

Anyway, I don't feel it right to compare Harry Potter to Artemis Fowl. Sure, they're young boys, surroended by things that are supposingly non-existent and their names are the main title of the books but that's about it for me.

Artemis Fowl is a genius. Not like Harry Potter... (Die Book 6!!!) He has a great goal, and he does it in a criminal master mind way. Something that's rare, a character that uses devious techniques is the main character. Most of the time it shows that good always wins. This book however proves that an intelligent mind (an intelligent evil mind) can win just the same.

So if there's another volume to this series... I'm after it!!

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Jas-chan

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #3 on: May 09 2005, 09:57 am »
waah.. new book! tradition follows that I buy every one. What is it about?.. I googled it and nothing informative came out. *sigh* going to the bookstore is gonna be rare for a while ,but I need somthing to read for outdoor ed. might as well get it.

So what happens?

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #4 on: May 09 2005, 12:44 pm »
opal koboi wants revenge...that's all I'll say for now^^

Offline Jas-chan

• Big Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 11 2005, 07:53 am »
revenge= death most likely.
I get it.( i think) :heh:

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #6 on: May 11 2005, 08:22 am »
Show content
Commander Root...dies >_<
The new ones really awsome though, especially the cover  :keke:

Offline Jas-chan

• Big Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 11 2005, 08:33 am »
dearie me (reads spoiler)...hey, its on the Fowl site from the excerpt I think.. wasn't that clear though. no summary for the book.

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 25 2005, 11:55 pm »
*sniffle sniffle* i read it, and rarely books i read deserve to have me crying over them... but isnt like *counts* 5 or 6 books out? including the artemis fowl files and the seventh dwarf?
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #9 on: September 11 2005, 08:31 pm »
Moved to General Media.   :keke:

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #10 on: September 12 2005, 02:26 am »
Kya?! *reads spoiler* O.o.. Whoa! Anyway, Yuki LOOOVES Artemis Fowl, when everyone else was reading Harry Potter, Yuki was reading Artie! XD It does annoy me how everyone calls Artemis Fowl the "bad" Harry Potter... I mean, I used to like Harry Potter, but book 5 was so boring that I couldn't proceed... *sweatdrop* Someone said on this thread that something weird happens in book 6? I wonder what it is...  Anyway, I do love Artemis Fowl, everything about that book was just great! I mean, despite the faeries and such, it was more realistic in the sense that not everyone who has had a bad life can still be "good". Did anyone ever notice protagonists always had bad lives but they're still really really good people? Usually it's the same thing, too, whoever taught them to be good, (ex: loving parents, older bro/sis, etc) was somehow taken away from them, and now they want to stay good for them, blah blah blah... But not Artie! The world took everything away from him and now he bent on gettin' what he wants! Snaps to you, Artie! Snaps to you!
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!