AuthorTopic: Ringu/The Ring.  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
Re: Ringu/The Ring.
« Reply #20 on: August 16 2005, 10:28 am »
I've got all the UK releases. Like I said on the ring forum (yes, I'm a ringworm)... I'm only getting the US release if I think it's worth my money. I very happy with the UK box set, it allowed me to watch the Ring movies in complete beauty... as well as giving me the cute 'Sleeping Bride' movie... and I got 'Spiral' for 99p anyway. So nothing cost anything really and I'm happy with what I got.

If the US version looks worth my time (good extras etc...) then I'll buy it.

I'm a HUGE Ringu fan... I like it as much as I like anime.

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #21 on: August 18 2005, 06:41 am »
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this.... I've been away for 2 weeks and I am lazy to read everyones posts because there are soooo many when I become in active for weeks!

Anyway did anyone know that there is a Korean re-make of Ringu?
Yep, it is called Ring Virus and though I have not watched it, my friend said that it was not as good ><"

I have seen both US & Japanese versions and they are both great, though I did find the US version abit confusing
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #22 on: August 18 2005, 08:03 am »
Anyway did anyone know that there is a Korean re-make of Ringu?
Yep, it is called Ring Virus and though I have not watched it, my friend said that it was not as good ><"

There are some good scenes (Eun-Suh's death) but it isn't a very good movie. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sun-joo is very wooden, Boram is just there and Yeol Choi is a drunk... As you will see... lol! The couple are terrible, they always seem to be trying to out do one another and I'm surprised they got anywhere in the film cause nothing seemed to get uncovered.

I have seen both US & Japanese versions and they are both great, though I did find the US version abit confusing

The Japanese version is always going to be the best in my good. The American version has a very weak storyline, I didn't get the deal of the horses, cause that's just not scary. The characters aren't as well developed and the couple themselves don't sell as well as the Japanese couple. The two Americans, though they did try to have moments, they don't seem to care about each other like the Japanese couple do. I think maybe the original roles belong to the original actors to me ^_^