AuthorTopic: Code Geass R2: Who's the protagonist now?  (Read 5070 times)

Offline JediRiff

• Well, what's there to say?
Code Geass R2: Who's the protagonist now?
« on: July 19 2008, 04:38 am »
So Lelouch and Suzaku can both be seen as the protagonists, each is a 'good' character in their own ways, at least it used to be that way. Now both characters are revealing some pretty dark sides of themselves and while I used to like Suzaku a lot and considered him the good guy in comparison to Lelouch, his character change is also changing my mind about him.

So who's the protagonist now? And where is the series going to go? This topic can be pretty open about the discussion but I am curious what you guys think about the series.

Sig above is bLuetopaz's!!!
"Make a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man a fire and keep him warm for a lifetime."
“Is it not beautiful to watch the sunrise, and see the dark explode with light?”
   -CyborgV6 of the Dynasty Guild

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
Re: Code Geass R2: Who's the protagonist now?
« Reply #1 on: July 19 2008, 11:37 am »
Lelouch continues to be the protagonist.... the story goes around him..... and is getting better and better

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: July 19 2008, 02:10 pm »
Suzaku is definetly the more evil one right now as he once said that results that were made by bad methods don't count but now he's willing to do anything to achieve his goals, even injecting drugs into people and killing opponents without mercy (he got his nickname "The White Reaper" for a good reason)
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #3 on: July 19 2008, 10:29 pm »
(he got his nickname "The White Reaper" for a good reason)

You are right.... the Shiroi Shinigami.......... you are right in that point.....

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline JediRiff

• Well, what's there to say?
« Reply #4 on: July 22 2008, 04:47 am »
CLAMP certainly played around with the plot so that Lelouch had several endearing as well as sad moments the last few episodes or so. In a way it's the complete reversal from the first season when most of that empathy went to Suzaku's suffering.

Sig above is bLuetopaz's!!!
"Make a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man a fire and keep him warm for a lifetime."
“Is it not beautiful to watch the sunrise, and see the dark explode with light?”
   -CyborgV6 of the Dynasty Guild