AuthorTopic: is CW Dead?  (Read 21941 times)

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
is CW Dead?
« on: July 09 2008, 06:57 am »
old memberrr...?? where is everybody.. i ramdom visit here and i alos see arcademan posts :P

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
Re: is CW Dead?
« Reply #1 on: July 09 2008, 08:46 am »
Yeah, I want CW back....It was fun, but now its like kicking a dead cow. Even more fun till it blows up.

I do log on, out of habit and love for this old site.

Fights happen, people left, rather sad about it now.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #2 on: July 09 2008, 11:42 am »
I would post more but there is nothing more to post about. =/ ....I seriously think the Tsubasa community might be dying and that makes me sad....

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 09 2008, 03:28 pm »
I think the CW is dying. It wasn't the same after the WB and UPN merged and with them losing Smackdown and...oh wait...you're talking about THE FORUM, not the network. D'oh!!!

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #4 on: July 10 2008, 02:02 am »
CW is dieing, but that's mostly due to the fact there isn't much else to discuss about Tsubasa, the anime has run it's course for lack of a better word. Many of our vet members have moved off, though in reality, our activity took a sharp drop when two of our members decided to leave and told other people to follow them.. that was actually the straw that broke the camels back.

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #5 on: July 13 2008, 05:43 am »
It's ashame because I really use to like this forum, but due working 40 hours a week. I'm unable to go on this forum often.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #6 on: July 15 2008, 05:23 am »
short answer: yes.
long answer: tl;dr
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline * emina *

• Big Fan
  • i missed you guys *cries*
« Reply #7 on: July 15 2008, 12:41 pm »
CW is dieing, but that's mostly due to the fact there isn't much else to discuss about Tsubasa, the anime has run it's course for lack of a better word. Many of our vet members have moved off, though in reality, our activity took a sharp drop when two of our members decided to leave and told other people to follow them.. that was actually the straw that broke the camels back.
Who were those two? i really wanna know >__< ive been out for almost .. ever since D:

@vexnet: what does the long answer mean?

it's soo sad that the forum which i really loooooove for like, forever .. is gone now.
I was hoping that id find a refugee area here but .. no. everyone's gone as well T^T

You know, guys? I think this place wouldve stayed longer if only it wasnt dedicated to only ONE anime. Is there any chance of you guys turning it into an all-anime one? =3
*New set under construction*
Forum Family~
~big sisterS~
kuro woof!
sophiacardcaptors
i really cant remember the rest of my family .. so , can anybody out there adopt me? *puppy eyes*

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #8 on: July 15 2008, 06:59 pm »
Who were those two? i really wanna know >__< ive been out for almost .. ever since D:

Pikari and Sakaki, I believe. It was some kind of big drama between mods and they had a hissy fit and decided to leave, taking everyone else with them....kinda selfish, if you ask me. =/

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline * emina *

• Big Fan
  • i missed you guys *cries*
« Reply #9 on: July 16 2008, 01:31 pm »
Pikari and Sakaki, I believe. It was some kind of big drama between mods and they had a hissy fit and decided to leave, taking everyone else with them....kinda selfish, if you ask me. =/
even though i didnt witness it at all, i also think it's kinda selfish
daaaaaaang. and so i guess they're the root of all this
cw is dead D:

ne, wait a sec .. i wonder where Little Wolf and SLi have gone to? They're the owners riiiight?! Why aren't they doing anything about this? T___T
*New set under construction*
Forum Family~
~big sisterS~
kuro woof!
sophiacardcaptors
i really cant remember the rest of my family .. so , can anybody out there adopt me? *puppy eyes*

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 16 2008, 03:42 pm »
even though i didnt witness it at all, i also think it's kinda selfish

To be honest, they did have a valid reason for getting frustrated. The way they decided to deal with it was extremely immature though, especially considering that the problem is and was almost effortlessly rectified.

@vexnet: what does the long answer mean?
tl;dr = too long, didn't read. As defined here.

You know, guys? I think this place wouldve stayed longer if only it wasnt dedicated to only ONE anime. Is there any chance of you guys turning it into an all-anime one? =3
There has been talk of that. However, I haven't seen any of the relevant plans come to fruition.

I would post more but there is nothing more to post about. =/ ....I seriously think the Tsubasa community might be dying and that makes me sad....
Anime's over. Manga's over. Clamp's world tour ended with Tsubasa, which marked the final official end to every series referenced within. Now they're hard at work on Code Geass, and there's nothing else to be done. CCS remains a classic success, though not widely celebrated anymore since the anime industry has moved on so quickly.

Aside from that, the forum has been plagued with show-stopping technical problems for what has almost been two or three years now, with none of them being fixed and little incentive to do so.

Abridged version: yes. CW.net is dead. And unless people decide to move forward with the plans to expand to more series, it will remain so.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 17 2008, 01:41 am »
Takeru ¥amamoto  is very truthful in his answers. The fact TRC has pretty much run its course caused quite a bit of inactivity but we knew it had to end. Plus a few forums that are dedicated to certain shows have died since ending so it's not a unique situation.

Many of the tech problems have been fixed however little or no updates in the last year doesn't help. Also Little Wolf is long gone (never found out whatever happened to him) and SLi doesn't stop by too much these days.

I wouldn't mind an expanded area dealing with current and classic manga and anime instead of two tiny sub-forums within a sub forum. While I cannot make any changes, if enough people want a change here, we can try to do it. Otherwise, the ghost town that is CW will remain...mostly dead with  few people hanging around to keep the place somewhat alive with civilization.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #12 on: July 17 2008, 03:12 am »
Many of the tech problems have been fixed however little or no updates in the last year doesn't help. Also Little Wolf is long gone (never found out whatever happened to him) and SLi doesn't stop by too much these days.

And my inability to access the FTP server, or any other area of the site that allows me to make alterations to allow for more anime makes it even more difficult. I can understand why SLi didn't have me the master key, after all, he's paying for the forum and server.

However, I'd love to get this forum back up and running and expand it into other anime areas. Most of the new, upcoming anime's need forums, and then there are some that I 'know' would draw a crowd, but others that would instantly kill a forum.

In other words: The sooner SLi realize's that we NEED to expand into other games, the sooner we can get this forum back up and alive again. All we need is a new banner, new theme, more forums to conform with the new anime that'll be added and we'll be all set - oh.. and a proning of a member database would be nice considering how many no-posters I've been noticing >.>

To be honest, they did have a valid reason for getting frustrated. The way they decided to deal with it was extremely immature though, especially considering that the problem is and was almost effortlessly rectified..

It's understandable why they left, but how they went about doing it was very silly and immature.

The problem isn't so much that it was present it was that they never bothered to inform SLi or Little Wolf about it until it was to late. So they got all bent out of shape when the admins at the time did nothing, it was rather hard TO do something when they didn't inform the admins and the admins discovered the problem to late to really make any difference - that and the server move was taking up a lot of their time. They've also barred any of the members here who were mods or admins from their forum, further establishing them as immature children who couldn't be bothered to report the problem to the admins, from my understanding, they didn't BOTHER to send a PM or an E-mail to the admins either. I'm sorry if my comment is rude, but I didn't appriciate spending that whole day explaining the situation to SLi and then having those two bar me from their forum when I tried to register....

There are other forums where I'm an admin, and one of our number one rules is that if a staff member has a problem with another staffer (or a reguler member) that they are to report it directly to the adminship. Both via PM and E-mail, just in case. We also keep our IM programs active in the event they need us right away. From what I noticed, Sakaki and Pikari didn't have any IM programs that SLi used, thus limiting communications even further.

In short: They really have only themselves to blame for action taking so long to actually go into effect. Though my understanding is that the member responsible had already decided to step down at the time, just that the announcement was delayed due to the server move - again though - it falls on those two irresponsible mods (Sakaki and Pikari) for not taking the time to properly talk to SLi.

Again, I know my comments are rude, but again, I didn't spend the whole day trying to fix the problem only to get screwed over by them.

-Kasawa
« Last Edit: July 17 2008, 03:27 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Møon Li

• Aishiteru SyaorAndru <3
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: July 17 2008, 07:58 am »

Heey... long time... I only get into this forum to check the spoilers of the manga, is not over yet... I used to love this forum as well and it is very sad to read comment like it is death... if you we want, we can give it another chance >_< anny support or anything else... I would love to help just to let the CW revive and start a new era of good times. Lets get back  CW!

When we love, we want to be better than we already are... and love makes us better"

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~
Daughters: Okamirei, Star Wings
Little sisters:pretty.sofiacardcaptors.babypigggy.TimeMachine.bie liao.charcoalz.kudan.Aya-Chan.Kairi.SailorYue.tsubasaHime199.EuphoriaBliss.nicole_shimun
Little brothers: 89757knight.Kouichi
Nieces: Moonflower121.hikari_blaze.Monse-chan.littlekitty
Cousins: Director of Music.aishiteru.

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 17 2008, 08:26 am »
And those wondering who 'that member' responsible for the situation...It was YOURS TRULY. When I look back at that, I realized that much that went on was my fault and did the right thing by resigning as moderator of CW and recommending a couple of our present moderators (and I will add, do a fantastic job here and are great members to boot). During much of the year before the new server and such, I worked behind the scenes here by financing CW (close to approx. $1,000 during my time here) because this was...still is a place that shouldn't waste away.

If there's any chance of trying to help revive this place, I'll pursue it if I can. It will never be like the 'good old days' but that doesn't mean the CW is ready to be put out to pasture.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: July 17 2008, 08:27 am »
Well, once I do talk to SLi about me adding more forums (possibly will, but don't hold me to that) I may select new mods for said forums. I just need a list of good anime (I have a list of some of them on my computer right now, but that list is of anime I enjoy, though I do plan on adding one anime since its a Mahou like CCS)

It's understandable that this is Captured Wings, but that doesn't mean we can't support other anime and still retain our banner (though later on we'd have to change the banner to reflect the new look)

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #16 on: July 17 2008, 12:05 pm »
Hmm, I'll start by doing some reorganising of the forums.

As for what happen to LW: I suggest you read his blog
http://www.syaoran.net
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #17 on: July 17 2008, 12:08 pm »
And.. what will you be adding? Reorganizing them won't solve the problem, adding new ones will.

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #18 on: July 17 2008, 12:11 pm »
I'll reorganise, you can add new ones, after I'm done :P
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #19 on: July 18 2008, 10:11 am »
I dont consider inactive forums "dead" unless there is still some activity, in my opinion.

however, given that the anime is over and the manga is starting to enter it's climax (i think), I think the forum is dying. As kasawa lanford said, the sooner new content (e.g. new forums, reorganization, etc..) comes, the higher the chances this forum might come back alive again. Although we really dont need to make it as competitive as those prominent anime forums(animesuki,hongfire and the like) or 4chan's /a/(although it's full of trolls and code geass fangirls...), as long as the community remains alive and active then fine.

also, I live in the Philippines. I can visit Little Wolf and ask him to come back if you guys want. ROFL xD

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx