AuthorTopic: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Smash Bros. Brawl
« on: February 01 2008, 04:40 pm »
discussion topic for the latest sequel in the famous smash bros series.

After Brawl went on sale in Japan yesterday a lot of info came on youtube so i'll give you the headsup of what's known sofar about the the hidden characters, colored for those who don't want to spoiler it for themselves:

Hidden characters:

Luigi

Luigi fights just like his previous versions but what makes him unique is his really strange Final Smash the Quicksilver (not actual name but looks like Dante's quicksilver style XD) which creates a time field in which everyone is moving at slowmotion and takes slight damage while in it. Opponents outside the field can't enter it.

changes: nothing sofar
rating: 6/10

Mr Game & Watch

That little flat fellow is back for some oldschool asswhooping! His Final Smash is transforming into a giant squid that damages everyone who touches him o.O

changes: nothing sofar
rating: 5/10

Marth

The best fighter of Melee returns! Is there no one who can stand before his mighty blade? His Final Smash is among the most lethal of the game as it OHKO"s everything it hits (even the most heavy opponents), has infinite range, is very fast and can even hit opponents that stand behind him if they're too close.

funny fact: when using the Final Smash the opponents all get a Fire Emblem style lifebar XD

changes: apparently his starting lag for attacks is slightly longer but the actual attacks seem faster. His neutral B attack has been changed into a chargeble forward slash. They made him a bit more balanced this time around but he's still one hell of fighting force!
rating: 10/10

Falco

The highjumping falco is back, ready to blast his opponents into oblivion! The developer got lazy as his Final Smash is also the Landmaster Tank that Fox uses.

changes: none sofar
rating: 6,5/10

Ganondorf

The Great King of Evil returns with more might then ever before, ready to crush anyone foolish enough to stand before him. Ganondorf's Final Smash transform him into Ganon and he rams opponents of the stage. I've always quite liked Ganondorf for his overwhelming power in combat and his ability for easy KO's with the down B attack.

changes: slightly changed attacks but mostly the same, some attacks are a bit faster others a bit slower. Where they changed him a lot is in the special moves department. His purple mega punch is still the strongest special move in the game and now it's faster, OUCH! His upward B attack is no longer flying up, grabbing the opponent and electrifying them but has become an upward flying double kick.
rating: 8/10

Star Wolf

Fox's old rival joins the fray determined to prove he's the best in the Lylat System. Fights the same as Fox/Falco with the same Final Smash *yawn* but due to him being evil I reckon he will focus more on power then the other two.

changes: none
rating: 7/10 (higher rating then Falco because Star Wolf is cool!)

Lucario

Let's face it fans, Mewtwo sucked bigtime as a fighter in Melee but now Lucario is here to show what pokemon are capable of. Lucario basically looks like a cooler and better version of Mewtwo but with new and better moves making him a much better Fighter then Mewtwo. His Final Smash has him leaping up into the air and fires a continues laserbeam that moves towards the oppponents.

rating: 7/10

Ness

The kid from Earthbound and longtime Smash competitor returns with his jojo and baseball bat at the ready. I must say I've never liked Ness for his mediocre attack power, short range, difficult recovery technique and stupid attacks. His Final Smash is the same as Lucas with the difference that his PK Starstorm is blue and comes down diagonally

rating: 4/10

Toon Link

Yup, you've got that right! It's Young Link from the Windwaker!! Shorter range then Link but a lot faster just like you'd expect. His Final Smash is also unknown sofar but expect something extraordinary.

changes: except the cellshading style? nothing really...
rating: 7,8 (high rating because he's a real dangerous character in the hands of an expert >.<)

Robot/ROB

The evil robot from the Subspace Emissary joins the brawl! Just like Mr Game & Watch this guy can be considered the "odd ball" in the team with his weird attacks and looks but don't underestimate him coz he has incredible jumping and his Final Smash is the most damaging of the game with wich he can inflict almost 150% damage with his beams of death!

rating: 7/10 or 8/10 don't know for sure how good he is

Captain Falcon

F-zero's legendary racer and longtime smash competitor returns to show everyone that speed is power! Falcon does everything fast, even jumping and that makes him a real difficult character to use as it's easy to run by your oppnonent when you try to attack them. His Final Smash calls the Blue Falcon and he rams the opponents offscreen.

rating 7.3/10 (would have been higher if he wasn't so damn hard to control >.<)

Jigglypuff

The center of mockery by players ever since he/she/it (?) first appeared in Smash, Jigglypuff tries once more to prove it can fight and fails again XD The Final Smash has Jigglypuff growing to humongous size almost filling the entire screen. This does no damage at all but opponents get pushed of the field and they can't grab the ledges so in a small field this Final Smash is lethal

changes: none sofar
rating: 2/10 (would have been 0/10 if it weren't for that potentially lethal Final Smash)

Characters that went Bye Bye:

Roy
Mewtwo
Pichu
Dr. Mario

I'm not entirely satisfied as Lyn and Knuckles aren't playable characters but a total of 35 great fighters is spectacular! Not to mention that awesome internet fighting option.
« Last Edit: February 02 2008, 01:51 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
Re: Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1 on: February 02 2008, 06:40 am »

Characters that went Bye Bye:

Roy

Nooooo ;_; ....they're so evil....evil, I tell ya, evil.... Roy was the best all around character I played with. I hated Marth.

I think they should make the two games compatable. Like they did in the Fire Emblem games...you can trade your states of old character into the new games where they reappear.....they should give the option of putting some more characters from the gamecube version in there! lol.

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: February 02 2008, 01:59 pm »

Nooooo ;_; ....they're so evil....evil, I tell ya, evil.... Roy was the best all around character I played with. I hated Marth.

I think they should make the two games compatable. Like they did in the Fire Emblem games...you can trade your states of old character into the new games where they reappear.....they should give the option of putting some more characters from the gamecube version in there! lol.

That Roy wouldn't come back was pretty certain when Ike was announced to be the Fire Emblem powerhouse. It's a shame tough, my trainingpartner always played with Roy.

The only thing I never liked about Marth is that he was just too good in Melee. In Brawl he's somewhat more balanced and that Metaknight has the potential to fight Marth on equal terms.

The creators messed up on 2 things:

1. the clones all have the same Final Smash (yes, all the Star Fox characters use the Landmaster *yawns*) as the originals
2. They didn't include Lyn as a fighter even tough she was requested by almost everyone in the world *cries*

altough very very unlikely there's still one possibility of Roy appearing in the game: you can download stuff from Nintendo like custom stages made by other players and stuff so maybe they'll add the option to download new characters somewhere in the future *wishfull thinking*
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #3 on: February 02 2008, 02:09 pm »

The creators messed up on 2 things:

1. the clones all have the same Final Smash (yes, all the Star Fox characters use the Landmaster *yawns*) as the originals
2. They didn't include Lyn as a fighter even tough she was requested by almost everyone in the world *cries*

So true....
altough very very unlikely there's still one possibility of Roy appearing in the game: you can download stuff from Nintendo like custom stages made by other players and stuff so maybe they'll add the option to download new characters somewhere in the future *wishfull thinking*

*thinks wishfully too* Yes! Please let there be an option where you can download the characters! I have vowed never to play with anyone except Roy> XD

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #4 on: February 02 2008, 03:04 pm »
« Last Edit: February 02 2008, 03:15 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 23 2008, 01:17 am »
Toon Link.

Can I shoot something now?
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.