AuthorTopic: Lomachislots War - Lost Childhood (Original) ~  (Read 142654 times)

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
Re: Lomachislots War - Lost Childhood (Original) ~
« Reply #920 on: March 25 2008, 12:37 pm »
Andy didn't have time to act chivalrous.  He didn't have time to tell her that he'd fight this illusion off.  He merely threw her a worried glance, and nodded.  He had to see to the extent of Phineas's injuries.  He swiftly grabbed Phineas and put him on his back and started to hobble back towards the building that was looming ominously nearby.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #921 on: March 25 2008, 01:39 pm »
Rin stood there and watched as Andy went out of her line of sight; then suddenly she felt a surge of magical energy as her hold spell lost it's effectiveness.

"Err.." she grumbled as the illusion of herself walked forward. "I'll give you an A for effort, but an F for failing to--" the fake Rin said before glancing to her left. "Ughs, not you!" she snapped as she spun forty degree's to left but failed to counter what hit her, sending her flying in a heap against the muddy ground. Second's later her form disappeared in a spectacle of particles.

Rin stared in the direction that her other self 'had' been facing before, then smiled when she saw who it was that had helped her. "It's not safe here," the person said and grabbed her hand. Second's later she found herself just outside the dormitory, the person who rescued her gave her a smile before heading up to the dormitory. Rin herself just sighed and waited up against the door frame.

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #922 on: March 25 2008, 02:51 pm »
Andy arrived way after, having to guess his way in the dark and having to untangle himself from the many vines, bushes, and muddy paths he had to get out of.  Finally however, he made it up to the commons where he turned a right, heading to the dorms.  He stopped, slightly taken a back when he saw Rin there.  "You alright?"  He asked, breathing a bit heavily.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #923 on: March 25 2008, 03:19 pm »
"I'm fine," Rin said and pushed off the doorframe. "Let's get Phineas to the infirmary, Anise and Sakura are there as well as Yukita and Yoko," Rin added as she walked up behind Andy and helped him with Phineas.

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #924 on: March 26 2008, 02:15 pm »
Andy nodded and made his way with Rin to the infirmary.  There, he once again dropped Phineas off on the bed, and he smiled wryly to himself.  How many times are you going to go and do something reckless?  I won't always be around to come save you, Finny...

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #925 on: March 26 2008, 02:22 pm »
Sakura sat on one of the infirmary beds; the nurse tending to her ankle. "It's bruised and will require a few days to heal, you won't be able to take part in any training during that time ok?" the nurse told her. Sakura just nodded and glanced over at Phineas, then sighed and turned toward Yoko.

Yoko was leaning up against the wall, if it wasn't for her robe and the fact she was holding a staff, she could be mistaken for a first year. "Mind explaining why the heck the three of you were out there on 'this' day? If memory serves, your teacher should've already told you that going out at night on the last, and first day, of each month is forbidden for 'all' students," Yoko said, her voice full of anger. She tapped her foot on the ground, the way she carried herself made her appear to be much much older.
« Last Edit: March 27 2008, 04:07 pm by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #926 on: March 28 2008, 02:26 pm »
Andy's jaw was set as he didn't answer right away.  He merely watched the nurse's deft hands run through Phineas to check for any lasting injuries.  He winced when he saw Phineas's leg pulsating.  He turned around to face Yoko.

"Had a riff.  Phineas and me."  He said in a low voice.  "He walked outside for a bit.  Sakura followed.  He went deeper.  I went after him."

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #927 on: March 28 2008, 02:39 pm »
Yoko just stayed there and stared at Andy. "Uh huh," she said and turned to Sakura.

"It-it's true, they did get into a scuffle, I went after him to try and talk to him. I-I tried to talk to him, but after two tries he shoved me out of the way and ... well..." Sakura said and glanced at Yukita.

Yukita sighed. "Damn, we usually don't mind the occastional scuffle, but having injured another student, if Yoko's nice she may not punish him... ," she said in a low, almost inaudible tone.

"I see," Yoko said and closed her eyes. "I'm guessing the scuffle was over his medicine and how much he takes right?" she asked, a grin spreading across her face when she saw Anise and Rin's surprised expressions.
« Last Edit: March 28 2008, 06:17 pm by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #928 on: March 29 2008, 06:46 am »
"Er.  Well, yeah.  Something like that."  Andy nodded.  "He didn't intentionally hurt her.  Phineas wouldn't ever do that."  Andy glanced over at Sakura for confirmation.  Seeing her nod, he continued.  "He's in a lot of pain.  It helps him.  Yes, he takes too many sometimes.  He never exactly told me how many he took tonight.  All I know is that he...he needs me to help him.  He's not going to come right out and say it.  But I'm going to be there for him.  It was his choice."  Andy spread his arms out, gesturing to his friend on the hospital bed.  "I'm going to do everything I can for him.  He's my friend.  I owe him that much.  He's having a hard time.  Why can't any of you understand that?  All of you..." He turned, peering into every person's eyes for a couple of seconds.  "You all only think he's a drug addict.  There's something underneath that that all of you have overlooked.  He's a kid.  But, he's a kid going through immense physical, and emotional pain no kid should ever endure.  I'm sure all of you here have had your own times of pain.  Own times of overwhelming sense of doom.  But it was only one 'time.'  For Phineas, it's daily."

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #929 on: March 29 2008, 07:16 am »
Yoko shook her head. "You're right, we've have had our own pains." she looked over at Phineas. Though some of us have felt pain far worse than death, and far worse than what Phineas is feeling.

"Yea, no kid should have to stand that pain," she said, glancing over at the nurse.

Pushing off the wall, Yoko stuffed her hands into her robes pockets and turned toward the window. "It's only a matter of time, Andy, before your friend will be 'forced' to choose between us fixing his leg, or him lossing it. Because we won't have that medicine forever," she said and stared him straight in the eye.

"W-what do you mean?" Rin asked, Yoko turned toward her and said. "The medicine Phineas use's isn't exactly common in our world, we keep a supply of it yes for emergency purposes and for use in killing pain quickly and for long periods of time. But it's not a cure, it won't stop the pain forever, eventually the medicine will stop working - his body will have developed an immunity to the pain killer. Once that happens...." she stopped and let out a long, disappointing sigh, she then sat down on a chair and ran her hand through her hair.

"Yoko, you aren't going to 'force' him right?" Anise said worriedly.

"No," Yoko said and looked up at Anise. "As long as he can control the pain and it doesn't cause problems with his training we won't intervene."

With that Yukita decided to break the tense mood. "Let's put this issue aside," she said and materilized a flyer. "How many here have heard of the upcoming festival?" she asked.

Yoko just blinked, along with the nurse. Talk about a complete one eighty on the subject.. the two of them thought.
« Last Edit: March 29 2008, 10:55 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #930 on: March 30 2008, 07:51 am »
Andy couldn't help but feel a rise of disappointment in him.  He turned his back, walking over instead, to Phineas.  He sat on the edge of his friend's bed.  He peered down sadly at the darker haired boy and grabbed his hand.  Phineas stirred.  Andy managed a small smile.

"Hey."  He murmured, his voice low.

"Hey."  Phineas replied, his voice hoarse.  Andy could see the wince that Phineas had as he shifted in the bed.  He could see the pain build up in the other's eyes and that broke Andy more than anything.

"You have to let them operate on it, Finny."  Andy said pleadingly, his voice in a soft whisper so the other's wouldn't be able to hear.

"It's my leg.  It's my life, Andy."

Andy squeezed Phineas's hand tighter.  "You might die!"  He said, his eyes frantically trying to gauge and expression from Phineas.

There was a moment of silence, but Phineas replied slowly, "I'm not going to die."  Andy gave out a half-exasperated chuckle, weary.  "Yeah, I'm so reassured.  Finny, Finny the pain you're going through is intense.  Why won't you let them operate?  You'll probably get full use of your leg back.  And if all else fails, I bet they can get you a prosthetic leg."

"S'not as pretty, is it?"  Phineas replied, trying to break the tension.  Andy shook his head, willing himself not to cry in front of his friend.  "Weirdo..."  Andy murmured, his voice strained.  "Would you give up your leg to save mine?"

"Of course."  Phineas muttered.

"Then why won't you do it for yourself?  Why do you think that your life is more worthless than mine?  Why don't you want to be happy?  Why're you doing this to yourself?  Even if you keep your leg, the pain itself will drive you crazy."

"I know.  I know."  Phineas replied, his voice fading.  "It's a funny thing, Andy."  He murmured.  "You tell someone that they're dying...and then..."  Phineas  took in a shuddering breath, composing himself.  He swallowed, trying to steady his heartbeat.  He looked up and searched to find Andy's eyes.  Their eyes met and locked.  Phineas opened his mouth to speak.

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies.  The only variable is about what.  The weird thing about telling someone they're dying, is it tends to focus their priorities.  You find out what matters to them.  What they're willing to die for...What they're willing to lie for."  He lowered his eyes again, but then Phineas's body seemed to arch in pain.  He let out a soft groan of pain and Andy subconciously gripped his hand tighter. 

"Finny, wha-"

"They need to up the morphine or whatever the hell it is they're using to stop my pain."

"But...you just...they put it to nearly full.  You just got out of a nasty incident, you can't think straight, it's the pain."

"That's why I need the damn thing."  Phineas muttered, his eyes flickering.  But after a moment however, Phineas's breathing seemed to have eased up again.  Andy slowly let go of Phineas's hand, eyes darting from his friend's face to the affected thigh.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #931 on: March 30 2008, 09:47 am »
Yoko, who had been listening, let out a hidden sigh. The nurse shook her head and turned toward the medicine cabinet and pulled out a syringe. "I can only safely up it a couple more milograms, anymore and you'll be risking organ damage," she said and took out a syringe and filled it up.

Searching for a vein, she injected the new dosage into Phineas's body. "Rest your body for a couple hours, then I'll let you return to your dorm," she said and looked up at his friends. "If you want to stay thats fine, but it's almost curfew so no longer than that, ok?" she said.

Anise and Rin both nodded, Sakura did as well. "I guess we should head to bed, you coming Andy?" Rin asked as she hoped down from the bed that Sakura was sitting on, landing gracefully.

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #932 on: March 30 2008, 11:27 am »
Phineas visibly relaxed, his breathing not so labored anymore.  Andy looked promptly relieved, and nodded at the nurse.  He slowly turned to face the girls and he shook his head.  "I'll be up later.  I'm going to stay here for a bit longer."

Phineas gave out a weary laugh.  "Don't stay on my behalf.  Go get your sleep."

"I'm the one who's supposed to be telling you that."

"Technically."  Phineas motioned weakly to the nurse.  "She is.  I'll be fine.  Go."

Andy hesitated.  The words Phineas had said just seconds ago still ringing.  Everybody lies.  "...Alright."  Andy murmured softly.  He gently squeezed Phineas's hand one last time before slowly following the girls.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #933 on: March 30 2008, 11:43 am »
The walk to the dorm was quiet, Rin and Anise hadn't said a word, nor did Sakura. In their dormroom, Sakura took a seat on the sofa and opened up a book while Rin and Anise went into the kitchen to fix them a snack. "Hey Andy!" Rin shouted, "want anything before bed?" she asked.

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 30 2008, 12:19 pm »
"Nah." Andy yelled back faintly, as he went into the room he and Phineas shared.  He gently closed the door behind him, the lights were already off as he sank slowly into an armchair that was in the room.  He sighed heavily and turned to look out the window.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #935 on: March 30 2008, 12:48 pm »
Rin nodded and made herself some ice-cream while Anise chose instead a cookie instead. After they were both finished eating they went into their room and quickly got dressed, Sakura joined them a short time later.

"Andy, we're going to bed early, talk to you in the morning," Rin said as she walked up to Andy's door and knocked gently.

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #936 on: March 30 2008, 12:55 pm »
Andy nodded, then remembered that she couldn't hear him.  "Alright.  Sounds good.  Good night."  He replied, trying to keep up his cheery demeanor.  He heard the padded footsteps going further away as he slowly nodded off fitfully.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #937 on: March 30 2008, 01:35 pm »
Next Morning

Night gave way to morning as the sun dipped over the northern mountains. Clouds pock marked the sky and showers fell in certain area's.

Standing near the window, Rin looked out at the sky and let out a sigh. She hadn't been able to get much sleep, her mind constantly wondering about the flier that Yukita had but they had never discussed.

"I wonder what the Hollon Festival is..." Rin asked herself as she took a sip from her glass of milk. Glancing over at the two doors, her sister was still along with Sakura, she knew Andy was also awake, but had no idea if Phineas had come back to the dorm or not.

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #938 on: March 31 2008, 05:16 am »
Andy hadn't slept well.  The sun had peeped its head across the hills, and Andy shifted slightly, eyes open.  He stayed in bed for a couple of moments, turning his head to his right to see if Phineas had come back.  He hadn't.  Andy slowly got up, running a hand through his hair.  He picked up some clothes on the floor and put them on.  He walked over to the door, grasping the doorknob and stepped out into the common room.

Quietly, he made his entrance and murmured, "Morning, all."

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #939 on: March 31 2008, 06:35 am »
"'All'?" Rin smirked as she turned toward him. "Only you and I are up right now, where's Phineas?"

Mark of the Catalyst