AuthorTopic: Hi, I'm Drake  (Read 2412 times)

Offline drake

• The Guardian of Kaos
Hi, I'm Drake
« on: August 07 2007, 05:18 am »
For those of you familiar with Cardcaptor Redeemer (an absolutely wonderful site, if not subject to a few technical bugs every so often) I'm sort of immigrating from over there.  About 2 weeks ago, CCR hit a critical error and pretty much flat-lined.  I emailed the web staff as soon as I figured out that the problem wasn't just me, and I've been sitting on my hands ever since.  No doubt my armies saw a lot of growth over this time period, but I've been itching to get my hands into some CCS-related discussions.  Something, anything to get the creative juices flowing.

Anyway, a little more about me:

First of all, surprise surprise, I am a guy.  Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

I'm a long-time Cardcaptors fan who got back into CCS through the advent of a fellow Otaku who showed me the first Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles manga.  And then I got to feeling nostalgic.  One thing led to another and the next thing I know, I'm writing fanepics (a fanfiction that takes up one or more seasons' worth of action) and doing voiceovers for the imminent (albeit on unscheduled hiatus) Cardcaptors Abridged, a la the famed Yugioh Abridged by Little Kuriboh.

My current labor is on my fanficiton entitled "Chaos Card Captor Sakura", which I commonly abbreviate to C3S (three Cs and one S).  Without spoiling too awful much, the basic storyline, while fudging a teensie bit of the anime canon, takes place in between the Final Judgment and Eriol's arrival in Tomoeda.  An evil set of "Kaos Cards", parallels to the Clow Cards, has just been unveiled and released.  The Kaos Cards are now terrorizing Tomoeda, and the only way for Sakura and Syaoran to seal away these Kaos Cards and defeat them once and for all is to use their own demon-esque magic against them.  The most noteworthy artefact used against the Kaos Cards is the enigmatic Elixir of Fire, a somewhat-sentient magic potion that turns Sakura evil!  (While an incredible oversimplification, you'll just have to read C3S for yourself.)  For those who enjoyed the sensitivity of the original anime, you won't be disappointed in the least.  For now, you can search Fanfiction.net and Mediaminer.org for "Chaos Card Captor Sakura", by DrakeTheDuelist, but I'll get up a link in the fanficiton section soon.

Anyway, I've been working on C3S since January and have revised it repeatedly before writing it out officially.  I've posted it up on Mediaminer.org and Fanficiton.net for easy viewing.  I'm working on Chapter 6.5 right now, and those who have sent feedback comment that it's really good (except for the one shock-scene in Chapter 6.0... don't worry, it's a ways down the road), so I'm rather proud of my work thus far.  When I finally finish C3S, I'll be merging it with another fanepic / full-blown Cardcaptors Doujinshi entitled "Card Captor Torika" (see http://www.bookofclow.com/cardcaptortorika/), to create "Chaos Card Captor Torika" (C3T, of course).  But getting to that is just really  jumping the gun at the moment.

I've also made a number of CCS AMVs, and one TC AMV as well.  My Youtube homepage is:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=draketheduelist

In other less-CC-related endeavors, I also play both Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, and have little qualms about showing off my hand-painted models to those interested.  For a while now, all of my avatars on all of my forums have been some of the biggest, nastiest, and nicest-looking models in my collection, most notably my Lustrian Carnosaur and my Dark Elf Chill Dragon of Naggaroth.

Offline Kouichi

• Love is love
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Love is Love no matter who it is you love
Re: Hi, I'm Drake
« Reply #1 on: August 07 2007, 06:46 am »
welcome to CW I hope you like it here and that you'l be at home ^^

banner: Møon Li ((thank you!))
Icon: lidnar2
((I did ask to use the Icon and she did say yes ))
  Website
.:Newmoon:.

Forum Family

My sweet ,loveing Forum Boyfriend: Vampifaied
my Twin Sis: Emi~sama
My cool older sister's:Møon Li and Airashii

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 07 2007, 10:28 am »
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. Your story sounds extremely interesting and look forward to reading it. We have a fanfiction site here as well as I'm also currently writing a story called 'Legacies United'. One of these days, I may actually finish it :p

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #3 on: August 07 2007, 06:24 pm »
welcome to the forum!
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Myna

• New Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 08 2007, 07:57 am »
{And I though MY intro was long x.x}

Welcome to CW forums~!