AuthorTopic: The "Tsubasa Combo" - Noir  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
The "Tsubasa Combo" - Noir
« on: June 15 2007, 06:01 pm »
I was doing a little research...and I found an anime which I call a "Tsubasa Combo" ...meaning, with Yuki Kajiura's music and Bee Train's animation.

The anime called Noir.

I seriously think Bee Train could have animated Tokyo Arc if given the chance without NHK's censorship.

Has anyone even seen Noir? A friend of mine said it was a very dark anime, with great animation and very detailed.

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
Re: The "Tsubasa Combo" - Noir
« Reply #1 on: June 15 2007, 10:31 pm »
Of course, there is always .hack//SIGN - animated by Bee Train and with music by Kajiura (and one of my favourite series, too) if you're looking for a "combo". I warmly recommend it for anyone who doesn't need constant action in order to find a plot interesting.

As for Noir, I've only watched the first episode as of yet, but it looks very promising. As your friend says, it's a dark, violent show with implied romance between the two main female characters - or so I've been told - so Bee Train are sure capable of non-fluff. However, I would argue that many of the things that are bad about the Tsubasa anime (such as the lousy fillers, and taking extra care when it comes to animating certain filler episodes - I'm looking at you, FaiChii episode! - instead of spending the money on the canon ones) cannot be blamed on NHK, but are entirely Bee Train's faults.

Back on topic. One thing I've always found to be weird about Noir is that, although the music is - of course - gorgeous, the song that is most commonly associated with the series, Canta per me, is in Italian, even though it's supposed to take place in France. Italy has, like... nothing at all to do with it.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #2 on: June 16 2007, 09:58 am »
Oh Hack//Sign had Kajiura music too? I did not know that.

Hmm Noir is getting intersting by the moment...Is it out on DVD yet? I'd like to go rent it and see it for myself. Any music of Noir for download? Ever since Tsubasa, I fell in love with Kajiura's music. Strange twist for the music part too, lol, but hey, long as it's good, right?

My friend also said Gunslinger Girl is a good choice if one likes Noir...man, so many anime, so little time!

What's the plot about Noir? Something about assasins?

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #3 on: June 16 2007, 08:16 pm »
Oh Hack//Sign had Kajiura music too? I did not know that.

Oh yes, and it's absolutely gorgeous. For both .hack//SIGN and Noir music, you can go to www.gendou.com (you'll have to register, but it's for free, and they have tons of anime music).

Hmm Noir is getting intersting by the moment...Is it out on DVD yet? I'd like to go rent it and see it for myself.

I think Noir is fairly old... I know we have it on DVD in Sweden, so it'd surprise me if you don't in the US.

My friend also said Gunslinger Girl is a good choice if one likes Noir...man, so many anime, so little time!

I haven't seen that series, but I do know that it, too, has something to do with female assasins, so I guess it's somewhat similiar. I got a tip from a friend that Madlax is a good choice if you want more in Noir-style. And, hey, looking it up, it's Bee Train and Kajiura there, too!

What's the plot about Noir? Something about assasins?

As far as I've seen, it's about a French assasin (the blonde woman) who is assigned a mission to assasinate a young girl, but when she finds her, she finds out that the girl suffers from memory loss although she seems to have a connection to the assasin's own past. Neither of them knowing why, they stick together in trying to figure out the mystery. That's as far as I've watched. Then, I suppose, they are being followed by shady bad guys that for some obscure reasons want their heads on a plate and there is lots of shooting. 
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.