AuthorTopic: E3 2007  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
E3 2007
« on: July 12 2007, 09:29 am »
Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all showed off their consoles and what's up in the future for them between yesterday and today. Any comments?

I liked Microsoft's and Nintendo's press conferences. I loved how Microsoft concentrated more on games than anything in theirs, and it was really cool to see Reggie giving statistics on the entire gaming industry as a whole rather than just its own console. Not only that, both Microsoft and Nintendo unveiled a huge amount of new and different hardware for their consoles (Nintendo more so than Microsoft, of course). I still haven't seen Sony's yet, though, and I'm not too excited either, to tell you the truth. XD
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
Re: E3 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 12 2007, 09:59 am »
Did they show new games coming for the playstation?

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: July 12 2007, 01:43 pm »
Did they show new games coming for the playstation?

they've probably showed DMC4 and FFXIII at the very least but i don't know i'm still waiting for my gamemagazine to arrive update me on the E3
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 12 2007, 07:30 pm »
I know Microsoft showed DMC4, but I have no idea about Sony.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 12 2007, 10:39 pm »
Sony claims they will be releasing 150 new games by the end of the year. As of Monday, they dropped the price of the PS3 $100 to $499.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #5 on: July 13 2007, 03:59 am »
Sony claims they will be releasing 150 new games by the end of the year. As of Monday, they dropped the price of the PS3 $100 to $499.

150 games.....yeah right *rolls his eyes in disbelief*. wouldn't be the first time they claim something big and can't deliver.....
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 13 2007, 05:32 am »
No, that sounds plausible; 150 games is a goodly amount. What Sony needs to realize is that there's a difference between a lot of games and a lot of good games.

Price drop is welcomed with open arms. I might actually consider buying one now, but only because my 360 gave me the Red Ring of Death and I'm bored out of my mind waiting for it to be returned, and I only have (and can only think of) one really good game for the Wii, and that's Twilight Princess.

Fall needs to come faster. *drools at BioShock, Mass Effect, MGS4*

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 14 2007, 01:22 pm »
Yahoo News

E3: PS3 price cut temporary?
Sony execs indicate discounted $499 PlayStation 3 may disappear from stores in mere months.

By Mike Smith

Could the welcomed $100 price cut for Sony's PlayStation 3 be temporary? Reported comments from multiple Sony execs in online publications Gamesindustry.biz and Joystiq.com indicate so. The current PlayStation 3 model, which is equipped with a 60 GB hard drive, certainly has received a price cut to $499 and is available at that price right now - but Sony's recent statements indicate that model is no longer in production.

If that's accurate, once those sell out, which could take as little as 1-3 months, the only PlayStation 3 model that's available will be the just-announced premium version. Going on sale in August and equipped with an 80 GB hard drive and racing game Motorstorm, it'll set purchasers back $599. Barring further price cuts, holiday shoppers would potentially still be faced with a $600 PS3, although they'd be getting more for their money.
Yahoo News (yet another linky)

E3 07: Sony: No PS3 price cut or 80GB PS3 for PAL territories
The electronics giant reveals Europeans and Aussies won't be getting a price cut or the 80GB model; new 'starter pack' bundle to be made available instead.

By Emma Boyes

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--Sony announced on Monday that it would be cutting the price of the PlayStation 3 in North America to $499 in the US/$549 in Canada, and that the 80GB version of the console, originally announced to be coming to Korea only, would also be making its way to North American soil in August. However, the company refused to be drawn on whether or not price cuts and the 80GB machine would also be coming to other regions, stating simply that, "This is a North American announcement only." However, a Sony Europe spokesperson said that an announcement "following on from the SCEA one" would be coming later in the week.

Today, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO David Reeves confirmed in a press conference that the price cut would only be for North Americans, and that the console would definitely not be getting a price cut from the current £425/599 euro price (approx $850). Aussies are getting a similar deal--there will be no price drop from the current price of A$999. Another blow was dealt to European and Aussie gamers with the news that the souped-up 80GB version would also not be coming to the regions.

Instead, a new bundle called the 'value pack' will be put on sale for the same price at which the standalone console was previously available, which will include a 60GB PS3, two controllers, and two games--Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm. This will be available for the usual price in all the regions, although the games would vary from region to region.

It's not all bad news--the new PlayStation Portable will be coming to Europe at the beginning of September in black, silver, and white "initially."

The new bundle will be available immediately in SCEE territories, and will be rolled out in all other territories by August 1. David Reeves commented: "Why are we doing this? We believe added value works in the PAL territories."

The Sony exec also hinted the company would be revealing three new features and services for the PSP at the Leipzig Games Convention that would be exclusive for Europe, and that there would be "something really special" for the PS3 as well as and more PSP colours.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 14 2007, 01:23 pm »
Yeah, I just saw the PS3 one mere minutes ago on Yahoo. Back when they announced it, I thought, "wow, they're actually doing something right for once", and now this? Now I'm starting to think they can't get any stupider.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #9 on: July 15 2007, 02:47 pm »
sodana.....

main thing that is keeping people from buying PS3 is the humongous price of the thing so what the heck are they doing with bundle packs instead of lowering prices >.<
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 18 2007, 03:50 pm »
Ano... Kuro-kun... they did have a price drop...

In other news... PETER MOORE LEAVES MICROSOFT to join EA Sports! *bombshell* Microsoft is going to hell in a handbasket.

I think this is the end of hardcore gaming as we know it. The PS3 is an utter failure, the 360 is quickly losing its grip, the requirements and the cost to play PC games is growing ever higher, and the Wii is most definitely a fad that's gonna die out within the next year or so (unless they come out with some killer single-player experiences). We're all doomed!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #11 on: July 25 2007, 01:58 am »
Ano... Kuro-kun... they did have a price drop...

In other news... PETER MOORE LEAVES MICROSOFT to join EA Sports! *bombshell* Microsoft is going to hell in a handbasket.

I think this is the end of hardcore gaming as we know it. The PS3 is an utter failure, the 360 is quickly losing its grip, the requirements and the cost to play PC games is growing ever higher, and the Wii is most definitely a fad that's gonna die out within the next year or so (unless they come out with some killer single-player experiences). We're all doomed!

in that regard.....Devil May Cry 4 has been downtuned to make it easier for average gamers. Is no games afe anymore  from the mainstream gamers?! >.<

The Wii definetly needs more "real" games but seems to be done with their weird games they've made sofar and they're going back to good single player games. Metroid Prime 3 is almost finished and looks like the first Metroid Prime i'll actually enjoy playing (annilated the previous 2 in my reviews and i hate Shooter Games so that i'm interested in MP3 is quite extroadinary). There has been news that Smash Bros. Brawl actually is being worked on and when it comes out it will dominate the multiplayer games for the next years (this depends on wether Nintendo does the online stuff right with this one and not the bogus stuff from that Mario soccer game).

The Wii still has some potential in it if Nintendo quickly stops with this weird crap they've been making the past few months (Wii Sports is not what i consider a game), the PS3 is a failure but with games like Ninja Gaiden there is a VERY SMALL glimps of hope. Xbox......pheh, saw this coming a long time ago when i noticed they went more for making their games popular then actually making them good to play

The PC.......everyone saw this coming since it has always been that a lot of gamers were left out of playing coz of high requirements and costs and lately it's worse then ever (my pc was state of the art last year but now can't cope with the newest pc games >.<)
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family: