AuthorTopic: GOOD Tomoyo fanfiction?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
GOOD Tomoyo fanfiction?
« on: May 15 2007, 01:54 am »
(Does this go here or in the Fanfiction section?)

As I see it, there are three kinds of CCS Tomoyo fanfiction on the Net:

1) Tomoyo only wishing for Sakura's happiness is but a facade. In reality, she is depressed and unhappy about Sakura not returning her feelings.

2) Sakura returns Tomoyo's feelings. Syaoran is a guy she doesn't care about but whom she is destinied to someday marry.

3) Tomoyo's love for Sakura is purely platonic. She is, on the other hand, passionately in love with Eriol, who returns the affection (Kaho is nowhere to be found).

I'm looking for fanfics that follow the manga and doesn't violate the canon, but I haven't found one single piece of writing that circles around Tomoyo and does not contain at least one of these three elements. Not a single one! So I thought that maybe someone here can point me in the direction of some good stories, because surely, they must exist somewhere? Angst, drama, humor - it doesn't really matter, but it is a plus if the spelling and grammar is decent.

Thanks in advance.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: GOOD Tomoyo fanfiction?
« Reply #1 on: May 15 2007, 09:25 am »
Not that I have used Tomoyo much in my fanfics, in my last one (Legacies United), I did stay pretty faithful to CLAMP's original intent for her...well, except for the part where I almost killed her but the bond between Tomoyo and Sakura remained the  same if not stronger from that unfortunate event.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 15 2007, 09:37 am »
Arcademan, I think he, uh, she, uh, yeaah, was looking for a series that centered around Tomoyo.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15 2007, 10:05 am »
Well, I had one that I was going to do but I had no extra time to develop it into an ongoing story. It was set several years in the future and focused on the friendship of Sakura, Syaoran and Tomoyo through her own eyes....the good, the bad and so on. However, I'm not good at writing mush and also felt no one would truly be really interested in this particular storyline.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline drake

• The Guardian of Kaos
« Reply #4 on: August 08 2007, 12:00 am »
Well... my Chaos Card Captor Sakura fanfic sort of revolves around Tomoyo.  (It's supposed to revolve around Sakura, but let's just say the orbit is very large and it revolves around some characters closer than others.)  Tomoyo is the only character to appear in all 6 (of about 8...) chapters thus far, not including the prologue, and Tomoyo is very deep in the fic.  Also, as the fic is set between the 2nd and 3rd seasons, it shows how Tomoyo goes from always being at Sakura's side to being Syaoran's secret advisor in Season 3.  In C3S, Tomoyo can be a bit moody at times, but then again, with Kaos Cards about, one could forgive her easily.

Look in the fanfic section of CW to find it.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #5 on: August 08 2007, 12:21 am »
Thank you, drake, that sounds pretty interesting. I'll give it a go.

For the record, I'm currently (among many other fanfiction projects) writing two Tomoyo centric fics. Heaven knows when they will be finished, though...
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.