AuthorTopic: yelan  (Read 39575 times)

moezychan

Re: yelan
« Reply #40 on: August 26 2005, 07:46 am »
And that's why I like this movie so much. I've read from other people that this movie is a waste of time and that it's pointless to watch, but I don't think that Syaoran would have turned out the way he was if it weren't for his mother. I think that the first movie is essential, and it also helped Sakura mature in her magic and her attitude!

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #41 on: November 28 2005, 03:11 am »
Maybe's Syaoran's just...embarassed.

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
« Reply #42 on: February 09 2006, 07:43 am »
And that's why I like this movie so much. I've read from other people that this movie is a waste of time and that it's pointless to watch, but I don't think that Syaoran would have turned out the way he was if it weren't for his mother. I think that the first movie is essential, and it also helped Sakura mature in her magic and her attitude!
Yeah, the movie did help a lot of the characters develop character. I loved how Sakura slept over at Syaoran's house and mingled with his family. ^^
As for Yelan kissing Sakura... What you gotta remember is how quickly Toya figured out Syaoran was gonna end up with Sakura. He figured that out even before Sakura OR Syaoran realized they liked each other. So, I think it's possible that Yelan already knew Sakura and her son's future together. She definatley has a good sense of what's happening around her. So, the kiss was a kiss of acceptance. You could also see Sakura's sweetness getting through to her the night before when Yelan told her fortune. I think Sakura quickly grew on her. Perhaps Yelan saw a little of herself in Sakura's innocence?
Syaoran's reaction was, as all of you guys have already said, simply shock. His cold mother suddenly warming up to his rival. That would be pretty weird, ne?

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #43 on: February 10 2006, 10:53 am »
The mother's name was Yelan? I didn't even know that. Man am I behind. I thought that scene was funny. I didn't really get why he was blushing so much ^^

But you have a good point hypercrabby.

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #44 on: February 10 2006, 11:01 am »
People just call her Yelan, I don't know why... But her real name's Ieran.

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #45 on: February 10 2006, 11:03 am »
One word: Translation

/besides Yelan is much better then Ieran (yuck!)
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #46 on: February 10 2006, 11:04 am »
Those are seriously good points!  I agree with Hypercrabby, I think his mother knew that they'd end up together.  I mean, obviously from Syaoran's reaction she doesn't warm up to people so quickly, and so there must be a reason.  Either she really liked Sakura or she accepted her as a future daughter or both.  I'm thinking both.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #47 on: February 10 2006, 11:08 am »
Those are seriously good points! I agree with Hypercrabby, I think his mother knew that they'd end up together. I mean, obviously from Syaoran's reaction she doesn't warm up to people so quickly, and so there must be a reason. Either she really liked Sakura or she accepted her as a future daughter or both. I'm thinking both.

Yep I'm thinking the same thing.

moezychan

« Reply #48 on: February 10 2006, 11:08 am »
I have a theory, and anybody is welcome to disagree, but I think Yelan knew about Sakura and Syaoran even before the Clow Book was opened! For all we know, she worked with Clow, or Eriol-kun, in order for this to happen! Ooh, idea for a CCS fanfic is starting to come!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #49 on: February 10 2006, 11:11 am »
I have a theory, and anybody is welcome to disagree, but I think Yelan knew about Sakura and Syaoran even before the Clow Book was opened! For all we know, she worked with Clow, or Eriol-kun, in order for this to happen! Ooh, idea for a CCS fanfic is starting to come!

That's actually quite possible moezy-chan!

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
« Reply #50 on: February 10 2006, 02:15 pm »
Yep I'm thinking the same thing.
Thanks you guys! ^^
As for moezy-chan's theory, that is very likley. Then again, we just don't know! If only Yelan had been in the series...then maybe we would know how powerful she really was. Hmm...perhaps she was told someday she would have a son that would be destined to fall in love with the mistress of clow.
Wow! A Yelan fanfic sounds like a good idea. It makes me wanna know how involved Syaoran's father was with his future.

moezychan

« Reply #51 on: February 10 2006, 03:55 pm »
Thanks you guys! ^^
As for moezy-chan's theory, that is very likley. Then again, we just don't know! If only Yelan had been in the series...then maybe we would know how powerful she really was. Hmm...perhaps she was told someday she would have a son that would be destined to fall in love with the mistress of clow.
Wow! A Yelan fanfic sounds like a good idea. It makes me wanna know how involved Syaoran's father was with his future.

Arigatou minna-san! That means alot. And yes, I would have liked to see more of Yelan in the series. She truly is a unique and wonderful character and it's no doubt that she is extremely powerful. She could certainly break that barrier, and it's no wonder that Syaoran became strong. As for my fanfic, expect it by Spring Break. Translation: March 13th. During that week, I'll be able to work on my fanfic. I'm just too busy to do it now. Be sure to remind me do it though! I might forget!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #52 on: February 11 2006, 07:56 am »
Arigatou minna-san! That means alot. And yes, I would have liked to see more of Yelan in the series. She truly is a unique and wonderful character and it's no doubt that she is extremely powerful. She could certainly break that barrier, and it's no wonder that Syaoran became strong. As for my fanfic, expect it by Spring Break. Translation: March 13th. During that week, I'll be able to work on my fanfic. I'm just too busy to do it now. Be sure to remind me do it though! I might forget!

That sounds great! I can't wait to read it.

Offline bie liao

• Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #53 on: February 11 2006, 08:12 am »
Me either!  I've always wondered, did they ever say what happened to his father?  I've read stories that say he left them, he died, he works a lot, blah blah blah you can't trust them.

I've always wondered about Yelan and her life BEFORE Sakura, her relationship with her kids and her dead/gone/whatever husband.  I think a story is a GREAT idea.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

Aunt - pretty

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #54 on: February 11 2006, 08:18 am »
Oo you guys could create a story on her whole past life! That would be really cool!

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #55 on: February 11 2006, 09:26 am »
I look forward to reading that story! ^-^ All I know is that Syaoran's father had messy brown hair which was passed down to his son. >.>

Offline bie liao

• Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #56 on: February 11 2006, 09:44 am »
well he kinda had to, unless there are strange genetics...Syaoran looks nothing like Yelan...really...I don't think...

Aunt - pretty

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #57 on: February 11 2006, 11:29 am »
I agree bie liao! I don't think he looks like his mother at all.

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #58 on: February 11 2006, 01:21 pm »
More like his father. Syaoran just has his mother's eyes.

moezychan

« Reply #59 on: February 11 2006, 01:21 pm »
I agree as well. Not even the sisters look like the mother! If you ask me, and I know this is creepy, but his sisters look like Sakura! Don't you think?! With the hair and the eyes! That's the first thing I thought when I saw them!