AuthorTopic: Come look at these drawings...it's calling out to you...  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Kuro Tsubasa

• Ella X Chun 4-eva!
Yeah, really old drawing I did in the summer of 2006, and I just found a school scanner, so I thought I'd scan it. No, it's not cleaned, yes, I am scanner retarded.

Yeah, just posting what I wrote on the comments on fanart central:

Bah, this sucks. Not sucks terrible, but still not that great.

Yeah, i drew this picture a LONG, LONG time ago. But I still like it. I finally found a scanner at school, so i scanned it on. Because the scanner screen was smaller than my paper, which is 18"X12", part of the pic got cut off, and the alignment at a place was screwed up, but oh well.

I believe I drew this drawing at around 1 o'clock AM sometime in the summer of 2006, so yeah, it sucks.

Anyways, here's the pic:

what do you think?
I know I need to work on the hands, but that's just because that's the way the hands looked in the original drawing, so I didn't really bother much more. I changed the eyes because I though it'd make them look a bit more...well, alive. And i wasn't REALLY trying to shade, I just put in 'shading' at places where I felt like it. Oh, come off it, it was 1 or 2 o'clock AM!!

Oh, and please just ignore the smears. I didn't really bother cleaning it up. I may post a new one cleaned, if I have time to clean it.

so...COMSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS!

Offline ~Emethyst~

• Freedom to express
  • "A True Fan"
  • Be heard!
Re: Come look at these drawings...it's calling out to you...
« Reply #1 on: April 03 2007, 04:27 pm »
Oh cool. It's Freedert and 'Second Hand' from DNAngel. For me, the most captivating ones are th eyes. They're very expressive to the point that you'll only look at them. The shadings are alright (given the consideration of the time drawn :P). So far, the flaws I can point out is the background pictures (kinda not clear what it is) and the garment folds. There are some places that are "off" due to that fact. The hands are pretty well drawn to me.

Overall: It's a pretty drawing.

I hope you upload the cleaned one, and perhaps 'colored'.

And yeah... *tosses a cookie* Reward for the wonderful drawing :D
v--- Still the tags won't budge... Yaarrr.. T_T

Testing a new set...
Forum Family (o-'.'-o)
[Older Sis] : Ashlee , littlekitty
[Beloved Shobe] : kudan
[Lil Sis] : wishingstarx
[Cousin] : Ying Hua
[Siberian Husky] : Sapphire-Amethyst
[Partner-in-Crime] : -Yurima- :D
[tr/][/table]

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *cough* CAAAAAANNNOOOOONNN!!!!
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • *cough* CAAAANOOOOON!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08 2007, 10:32 pm »
WOW!!!! you made ME go WOW at your work!!!

that's really good!

Forum Family:

Big Sis ~ bluetopaz, aya-Chan, moezy-chan                           Forum Husband ~ Kuro-Puppy :noteworthy:
Lil Sis ~ cardcaptors_ria, babypiggy, kudan                 'Kino no Tabi Lover' sis ~ Zeldi :inlove:
Tamer~ tsukihime                 Daughter: Modo-rashi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 14 2007, 11:01 pm »
Don't sell yourself short. It's a well done drawing and though there are some imperfections, you already realize what they are and in future artwork, will do your best to correct and it will be that much better. Excellent work. Look forward to seeing more artwork from you in the future.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro Tsubasa

• Ella X Chun 4-eva!
« Reply #4 on: April 26 2007, 11:58 am »
Thank you for your comments. Well, I have a new scan, it's a really old drawing of hands that I have, so yeah... Here you go:

Click for larger image.

This was a picture I found in D.N.Angel, and since I LOVE hands, I though I'd draw them.

Did this one in early December of 06 in class in less than twenty minutes while trying to take notes in class at the same time, and I didn't really put any effort in drawing them, so the hands are a bit demented, but that's OK.

I know the back hand is a bit twisted, but that's how it looked in the pic, and I guess the person had his hand turned a bit to grip the girl's hand. Oh well.

And as for the worlds...*blush* Um...I kinda just wrote them in cause I felt like it. Just ignore it. I wrote them with my secret agent story in mind, that's why there's a yin-yang symbol behind too. I know that's sort of out a proportion too, but i could care less at the moment.

Well, once again, constructive criticism is welcomed!!!

By the way, i am scanner RETARDED, so PLEASE no comment on how bad the scanning is, OK?

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #5 on: May 17 2007, 09:09 pm »
I'm so incredibly jealous. I must steal your talent >:]
just.. incredible XD
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Techay04

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #6 on: May 28 2007, 11:12 am »
try hard....just ACM said...

Don't sell yourself short. It's a well done drawing and though there are some imperfections, you already realize what they are and in future artwork, will do your best to correct and it will be that much better. Excellent work. Look forward to seeing more artwork from you in the future.

it will improve your ability skill.....dont give up ok?
my art-work so far is not good, but i try hard to do it best...it will a bit bigger....A2 size scan in 300 dpi, in computer is it over large? Do one artwork must take much time.....sometime i fell very tired...