AuthorTopic: The Future of this Site (EVERYONE READ!)  (Read 49218 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
The Future of this Site (EVERYONE READ!)
« on: December 02 2006, 07:54 am »
In light of recent incidents there is to be some major changes around here and I mean damn major.

Arcademan has step down and had step down since before I made the server move but I wake up to find what I did find it totally unacceptable.
I'm sorry I hadn't inform everyone of the above - but there was a lot involved in the move and it slip my mind.

I'm tired of everything here, I'm basically the only person to control this board for real again.

I'm hoping the other mods stay and help out because I can't do this on my own, I don't have time.

Otherwise I will have no choice to close this board rather then let it descend into chaos.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but its quickly coming the only option I have left.

SLi
Forum Administrator.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
Re: The Future of this Site (EVERYONE READ!)
« Reply #1 on: December 02 2006, 08:06 am »
I understand, I know it got out of hand, lets get this fourm being peaceful again
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #2 on: December 02 2006, 02:06 pm »
So, this forum is now undergoing the same thing that happened on mine back then.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 02 2006, 03:26 pm »
I posted this over in the TRC sub-forum: http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php/topic,3849.msg209944.html#msg209944

However I'll repeat it here since this thread caters to a wider audience. Please take the time to read and I thank you in advance for taking the time to do so.

Okay, folks, I am back and as noted, I have stepped down as a moderator here because the last thing I want to see is a rift growing here in CapturedWings, apparently me being a cause of the entire thing. I want the valued members here to realize though I have the best intentions of the forum in mind, my methods of doing so were totally unacceptable in the eyes of many here.

I can only say that I am extremely sorry for what happened here and deep down, I know many of you won't accept that and leave. That decision is yours to make and if it does make you feel good to call me names and rant and rave about me, please go ahead and vent your feelings and outrage toward me but do not take it out on SLi or the forum.

I want to see the continued success of the forum and though I'm no longer a moderator, I am helping with the finances with CapturedWings to insure its future so that everyone has a great place to visit and talk about the variety of subjects here without fear or personal attacks.

Pikari and Sakaki, I hope you reconsider and decide to stay here not only as members but as part of the moderating team and those who want to leave because of my action, I hope you reconsider as well. With the new server in place, this place should be better than ever however a place is only as good as its valued members.

i would like to see, if all possible, the moderators become a well-oiled team and instead of being moderators of a handful of forums but instead being moderators of all threads and forum. I believe if done this way, the forum will function more smoothly and all areas become more interactive.

I leave myself to your mercy, members of CapturedWings. If you wish me to leave the forum, I will...if it gets you to remain, I'll do it in a heartbeat because I care that much for this place. Give CapturedWings another chance. After all, SLi and Little Wolf have worked so hard to provide a place. Don't let someone like me cause the downfall to what has been a great forum. That's all I ask of you.

Again, you have my sincere apologies and if you have any questions, comments or complaints, contact the moderators or if you want to yell at me, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for you time for reading this.

Arcademan

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Sokasato

• Good Fan
  • Dressed as one a wolf will betray a lamb....
« Reply #4 on: December 02 2006, 03:31 pm »
I understand, I know it got out of hand, lets get this fourm being peaceful again

I agree!! C'mon everyone! Where's the love? ^_^
My fall will be for you
My love will be in you
You were the one to cut me
So I`ll bleed forever
--Nightwish

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 02 2006, 04:13 pm »
I won't comment anything about the Arcademan's post,

but  I agree this had been a long problem, as far as I know, I've been a member since last year, and i notice this.....problem occurring...with many members including myself, but due to the love of this forum, I'm still going to stay here.

Also, I think I'm going to miss these 3 moderators. They worked hard and really kept the forum going. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 02 2006, 04:26 pm by hack.love.fly »
by me.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #6 on: December 02 2006, 04:28 pm »
It's such a waste if this place go down.

So I'm sticking around like usual.

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #7 on: December 02 2006, 04:28 pm »
awwww I hope you didn't tire yourself out too much SLi during the move :( i luv coming to these forums and having been doing so for almost a year now so i hope that you don't shut this down. but if you do have to, than i'll support your decision either way. :keke: if you need anymore help, than i'll be glad to pitch in somehow. :)
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 02 2006, 04:30 pm »
awwww I hope you didn't tire yourself out too much SLi during the move :( i luv coming to these forums and having been doing so for almost a year now so i hope that you don't shut this down. but if you do have to, than i'll support your decision either way. :keke: if you need anymore help, than i'll be glad to pitch in somehow. :)

yeah SLi, a lot of people ( and me ;)) is here to support you and the forum, so you shouldn't stress out too much.
by me.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #9 on: December 02 2006, 04:31 pm »
Well, sometimes things like this happens for a reason.

What it is? Up to us.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 02 2006, 04:36 pm »
yep, no one is perfect.
by me.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #11 on: December 02 2006, 04:47 pm »
Lets just hope this dosn't happen again, I mean think about it, Captured Wings is international, and it is getting people together. I forgive Arcademan to an extent, I just what him to know there are different age groups here as well, and that the fourms are ment for fun, not for bashing.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #12 on: December 02 2006, 04:52 pm »
This forum is a good thing, even if it has its ups and downs.

So if you are staying, please say so, since it would be nice to know that everyone, hopefully no one, will leave this board perminitly.

I joined the site becuase I get to talk with people from all around the world, even people who are in the same fandom/anime/mind set as I am.

Here this place it for people to think of the good time, for me its meeting a few people that inspired me, and many more.

So please don't go.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #13 on: December 02 2006, 04:58 pm »
Otherwise I will have no choice to close this board rather then let it descend into chaos.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but its quickly coming the only option I have left.

SLi
Forum Administrator.

I saw this coming long ago when CW forum started changing (the atmosphere changed). I stopped posting here and only posted when i needed to. Even my pride and joy, the CCS/TRC picture threads, i didn't post there anymore as well.

but i'm ranting, sorry about that.

I hope you can keep the forum alive Sli-san coz altough the place is not what it used to be, I for one don't want to see it go down the drain. And i think a lot of people will agree with me on this.
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #14 on: December 02 2006, 04:59 pm »
and that the fourms are ment for fun, not for bashing.

Pitty that wasn't learn a long time ago, lots of people have left due to bashing/bullying.
(so many that I've lost count)

This bullying/bashing comes to a end.

The large age group is partly to blame. The large amounts of young users and the rapid growth without adequate controls in place has led to things like this.

I quote this from another forum (can't remember which or even if it still exists):

Being a member and posting here is a privilege not a right. The administrators (owners) pour a lot of effort - time, energy and money into this place with little to no gain (financial or otherwise - financially usually at a lost).

And it holds true for probably just about every online community in existences (at least fan-made ones anyway).

Without the mods here to maintain order (the best that they do), I'd would be just about living here to control this place, which If I remember correctly I did for a long time before I managed to find people to help mod.

I was glad to have mods around as I could finally go back to doing other things I do, not stuck minding this place 24/7.

Expect a massive change to this board (completely new system coming) within the next week or so. (Yes, more downtime - sorry  :sad5:)
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #15 on: December 02 2006, 05:26 pm »
I think people just need some time to cool off....they'll come back and see what's up, Im sure of it.

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #16 on: December 02 2006, 05:42 pm »
Well I can't see the results of it till next week.

Reminds me to keep updating on the forums I'm maintaining, it's a tough job.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Sheepworld

• New Fan
  • What? What? What?
« Reply #17 on: December 02 2006, 06:45 pm »
I'm only new so I know I don't really have a right to say anything but I do hope that everyone will stay. We can pull through together...or something like that. This is a nice place. I hope that it remains.
Go! Go! GO!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #18 on: December 02 2006, 07:09 pm »
I agree on that. It's a very nice place for everyone.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Sakupu-chan

• Elio's Owner >'D
  • Big Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 02 2006, 07:11 pm »
I agree!! C'mon everyone! Where's the love? ^_^
I agree. Where is it?

Set by Zeldi x3

*click* *click* *click*

ELIO x CAROLE FTW <3

Forum Family
Big Sis - Ying Hua
Onee-chan - ~emina~