AuthorTopic: AMVs  (Read 46527 times)

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
Re: AMVs
« Reply #40 on: December 29 2006, 02:02 pm »
What exactly is it that you need help with? Of what you've done of Fai's part, I think it looks very good. Especially at the "I just can't let you go".

Are you having trouble finding enough footage? In the Chaos Arc there might be some good clips of Ashura, since Bee-Train had Fai battle him in one episode. If it still isn't enough, maybe you could add some clips of Fai looking sad/wistful.

A few suggestions unrelated to your request: at 00:58 we see a shot of Sakura to the lyrics "you'd still be here". This shot is followed by her and Syaoran together, but Syaoran fades away. That makes it seem as if he's the one who is gone, but the first part of the video is supposed to be from his perspective and not Sakura's, right? Or have I misinterpreted things completely?

Kurogane's part I find the most moving. At 2:01, again with the "you'd still be here" we see a shot of Kurogane's father, and although our ninja surely misses him, I think it's his mother's death that he blames on himself the most. Perhaps showing her at that moment instead would make it even more touching?

Then, at 2:05 there's an adolescent Kuro against a very bright yellow which takes away some of the feeling. It's such a bright yellow... I think you should replace those clips, or make them black-and-white.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of flashing videos, so I'd say it'd look better without all those effects. However, I do think it'll be very good once finished. The song really fits our heroes!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #41 on: December 29 2006, 02:24 pm »
Well I need help with the chorus that's coming up next....>< ...not enough clips of Fai and Ashura.....hmm...maybe the yellow is a bit bright...I'll try to fix that...as for the Kuro part...well, I was trying to go in order of how they died..^^;; .....hmm....for the Syaoran part....well, true, but if you think about it...I think I was going for "you'd still be here" ...as maybe.....as he himself, would still be in her memories....does that make sense?  ^^;; Thx for advice though....I'll look into the mistakes heh.....but I need more ASHURA CLIPS! >< ....or at least some Fai clips for the chorus.....which clips?

Edit: Finished Their Perfect World.
« Last Edit: January 30 2007, 09:46 am by Kazemon15 »

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 05 2007, 05:04 am »
Teaser...click to see new project in works

Also, need help...anyone know where I can get chapter 123 of Tsubasa? The download link doesnt work anymore and I seem to have losted 123 off the face of my comp O_o;;

Teaser part 2...thanks you Ando, Suu_chan for chapter 123. ^^ And Znuese (Znuese.deviantart.com) for letting me use cool color scan
« Last Edit: May 06 2007, 03:22 am by Kazemon15 »

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 07 2007, 03:13 pm »
Wow. Just wow. I just started watching your stuff. Great choice of music, masterful editing skills. I love how you mix manga pages with anime footage, and the way you do it makes it flow really well.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. =)
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 07 2007, 03:16 pm »
Thank you so much. ^^ Im glad you enjoy it...I try to make it good so ppl can enjoy well made AMVs. I'm almost done with Destination Darkness, just need to wait for more scans. ^__^

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 06 2007, 04:17 am »
Update on the videos I am doing:

KuroTomo - Song: Run by Snow Patrol

R!Syaoran to Sakura - Good Enough by Hoobastank.

Fai to "Foy" (Yui/Yuuy) - Song: Brothers by Vic Mignogna (Fai's English voice, how ironic, huh? lol)

Destination Darkness - Sakura - No Fear by The Rasmus. (process of finishing)

KuroganexFai/Tomoyo - Aquarius by Within Temptation (process of finishing)

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 06 2007, 11:26 pm »
I'm currently making my very first AMV - a tribute to Fai and Sakura's relationship. WMM still keeps shutting down every time I use video clips, so it's going to be a slideshow. It's a slow song, though, so I do think it's for the better.

Does anybody know if it's possible to trim a clip/trim the lenght a picture is shown in WMM without using those trim handles? Because sometimes, it skips from 2 to 4 seconds even when I try to make it stop at, say, 3,20. Very annoying...   
Signifying nothing.

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 06 2007, 11:56 pm »
Hmm...with Window's Movie Maker, what I do is on the time line, I use the..er I dunno what it's called, but I use a button on the moniter, clicking at each second until I find the part I wanna cut it and just cut it...
Man that sucks, it keeps freezing...my friend had a similar problem, but I couldnt figure it out...

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Kaoriflower

• Suppi! ^_^
« Reply #48 on: June 18 2007, 06:28 am »
hey! i love your AMVs! I'm in your friends on youtube, my username is kaoriflower... go figure.  :P but it's cool to see you here! i just joined yesterday.  ;D

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 19 2007, 04:33 am »
hey! i love your AMVs! I'm in your friends on youtube, my username is kaoriflower... go figure.  :P but it's cool to see you here! i just joined yesterday.  ;D

Thanks ^^ And welcome to the forums. lol yeah I see your name all the time on my profile as one of my subscribers. Enjoy your stay here.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #50 on: June 19 2007, 09:58 am »
Yeah, its about time I posted here...LOL...I still think your AMV's rock. Can't wait to see your latest work..
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 26 2007, 08:24 am »
I'm an AX AMV Contest semi-finalest! Sadly, my Tsubasa videos did not make the list, but my Tales of Phantasia video did!

Sorry Im excided. Anime Expo AMV contest is one of the best around.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 27 2007, 04:30 am »
Congratulations, Kazemon15! Which TRC AMVs did you enter in the contest? I can't possibly imagine, say, your Say His Name video not winning.   

I just now realised that the WMM trim handles get more detailed the more you zoom in the timeline. No wonder it kept skipping serveral seconds when I tried to trim the clips without zooming them. Now I might actually be able to finish the video someday.
Signifying nothing.

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 27 2007, 04:34 am »
That's great, you'll finish a vid!

:( I entered Say His Name and Syaoran's Memories...both did not make it...I was really hoping one of them did...but...looking at all the videos for the drama category, they're all so effecty...it didnt stand a chance.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 05 2007, 10:13 pm »
Within Temptation's new cd, The Heart of Everything, their song The Truth Beneath the Rose is just screaming Tokyo Arc. Now I know the OVA is coming out, I will defaintly be working on this video as soon as it comes out. And now that I have Adobe After Effects, I will make this my best TRC vid ever.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 10 2007, 05:44 am »
Okay ppl, AMVer has an AMVer's block....can anyone help?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9AnedrBDSfA

What clip should be used for "but I'm forced to let go"? Need a clip that has the same meaning but also builds up to the climax of the chorus.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #56 on: July 15 2007, 09:18 pm »
Holy crap! I haven't been here in ages!!!!!! I got addicted to a few other things along the way, that's why....

Hey, Kazemon.... I've watched some of your video's on Youtube (I believe I commented on one... it was the Kuro/Tomo/Kuro/Fai vid), and I absolutely love them! They're all so well done, I ca't imagine ever doing so myself! I even love watching your unfinished stuff!..... ehh.... I know, I'm sorta behind the times aren't I?

I kinda wanted to say this a while ago, but I really want to see that Fai/Yuui video you're somewhat planning on doing, I thought the idea was really neat! I mean, it's Fai's english VA singing that song so it's like he's literally saying that stuff.. plus I kidna think the song... fits don't it?

Funy, Vic seems to wind up as a character who has/had a brother and that brother suffered because of whatever character he does the voice for.
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 16 2007, 07:16 am »
Holy crap! I haven't been here in ages!!!!!! I got addicted to a few other things along the way, that's why....

Hey, Kazemon.... I've watched some of your video's on Youtube (I believe I commented on one... it was the Kuro/Tomo/Kuro/Fai vid), and I absolutely love them! They're all so well done, I ca't imagine ever doing so myself! I even love watching your unfinished stuff!..... ehh.... I know, I'm sorta behind the times aren't I?

I kinda wanted to say this a while ago, but I really want to see that Fai/Yuui video you're somewhat planning on doing, I thought the idea was really neat! I mean, it's Fai's english VA singing that song so it's like he's literally saying that stuff.. plus I kidna think the song... fits don't it?

Funy, Vic seems to wind up as a character who has/had a brother and that brother suffered because of whatever character he does the voice for.

Heh, thanks. Yeah, when I read the lyrics of the song, I thought the first verse was very fitting for Fai/Yuui's situation. Here's the lyrics I plan to do for the vid...but I'll need more scans to do it and of course edit them and such.

How can I repay you, brother mine?
How can I expect you to forgive?
Clinging to the past, I shed our blood.
And shattered your chance to live.

Though I knew the laws, I payed no heed.
How can I return your wasted breath?
What I did not know has cost you dear,
For there is no cure for death.

Beautiful mother, soft and sweet,
Once you were gone we were not complete.
Back through the years we reached for you,
Alas 'twas not meant to be.

And how can I make amends?
For all that I took from you?
I led you with hopeless dreams,
My brother, I was a fool.

The other half of the song, which is Al's half, is more about forgiveness...but whether or not I'll be using that half depends on what happens next in the manga...if "Fai" would forgive Yuui or not is yet unknown.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #58 on: July 17 2007, 04:38 pm »
Actually... there's that other song sung by Vic that could orta fit the whole Fai/Yuui situation... I dunno if it fits quite as well.... but it's "Nothing I Won't Give"... I thought that also kidna fits in a way because actually Vic kinda drew off of Ed and Als relationship to write that song.

Still, I can't wait to see what you're gonna do with that AMV!!!
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Kazemon15

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 18 2007, 03:47 pm »
Actually... there's that other song sung by Vic that could orta fit the whole Fai/Yuui situation... I dunno if it fits quite as well.... but it's "Nothing I Won't Give"... I thought that also kidna fits in a way because actually Vic kinda drew off of Ed and Als relationship to write that song.

Still, I can't wait to see what you're gonna do with that AMV!!!

Hmm I wasnt gonna use that song but now that I think more about the lyrics, it does match....okay, two Fai/Yuui to his brother tributes then. :D

I was gonna do a Digimon Frontier tribute to the twins Kouji and Kouichi with that song as well.

Oh anyone like MKR and X:TV? Im working on Kamui tribute and a Hikaru tribute as I speak...er...type.

KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart