AuthorTopic: My KuroFay fanart  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Kazuki

• Just your ordinary BL fangirl
  • Good Fan
  • ~ KuroFay lover ~
My KuroFay fanart
« on: September 22 2006, 08:02 am »
This is my first time drawing CLAMP at all! ^-^
It took me a while to make Kuro's face mostly because I suck when it comes to manly faces T_T
(that's why my drawings are girly 99% of the time ó_o), but I kinda liked how it turned out...
Don't like the lines thou... I used a special drawing pen (don't know how it's called in english) but the colour faded when I scanned it and it's just too light now, specially around the clothes and Kuro's arms. Well, I HATE using the Pen tool, so I just left it like that! >_<
Ahh I also suck at backgrounds, but you all realized by simply looking ne?  :keke:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/angeldust_/kurofai_co_anna.jpg
« Last Edit: October 27 2006, 07:41 am by Kazuki »

Offline charcoalz

• Obsessed Fan
  • onew <3
Re: My KuroFay fanart (not BL)
« Reply #1 on: September 22 2006, 02:14 pm »
oOo, that's a really good drawing x)
great job! =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Family <3
itoko-san: Pretty, Okamirei
onee-san: Møon Li
futago-san: kudan

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #2 on: September 22 2006, 05:26 pm »
wuhuu!!its nice u know??but u should put background...it will be nice...

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #3 on: September 25 2006, 11:49 am »
I like this picture - I actually found myself staring at it for nearly a minute. You did very well on their expressions (Kurogane being all "sigh"), but the picture could need some more shading. To decide on a source of light is usually a good start, and yours seems to be coming from the right, but there are things contradicting that, like the shading of Kurogane's nose.

A background would be nice, and I think it'd look good if you thickened the lines around their irises alittle, to accent them. Eyes are an important aspect of the face, after all. Also, you should put some folds in their clothes; as it is now they look all too flat. And where did Fai's left arm (from our view) go? Is it resting on Kuro-pon's back?

I adore your ears. The aren't very detailed, and all those things inside are mostly hinted at, but they still look like ears. And that's quite and accomplishment, since ears are evil. ^^
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Kazuki

• Good Fan
  • ~ KuroFay lover ~
« Reply #4 on: September 29 2006, 09:04 am »
Thanks for the comments! :tongue:
And thank you for the tips Ando!
Next time I'll try to follow those ^^

Oh yeah... I realized Fay's arm is missing but that was only after the drawing was made so I just left it at that i_i Ahh I shouldn't be so lazy...  :sweatdrop:

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #5 on: September 29 2006, 09:23 am »
Cool fan art!

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Kazuki

• Good Fan
  • ~ KuroFay lover ~
Tsubasa family!
« Reply #6 on: October 15 2006, 09:12 am »
So... I tried to draw another Tsubasa fanart... This time I used backgroud (yeeey!) but I suck when it comes to do the line art -____-

Well, anyway... Here it is...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/angeldust_/tsubasabeach.jpg

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
Re: Tsubasa family!
« Reply #7 on: October 15 2006, 07:23 pm »
Aww, a day off with the family! Looks very warm and nice. You know, there's something about your artworks that make me sit and stare at them for ages - I think it's how you do faces; they turn out so expressful.

Their heads are still a bit too big, especially that of Kurogane, and Fai's arm resting on the other man should not be able to bend like that. Remember he is supposed to have a bone there. Furthermore, light coming from behind (the sun, that is) is doubtlessly the most difficult of light sources to draw, and although your shading isn't bad, you might want to consider putting most of the light in the outlines of Fai's hair, instead of drawing shines all around his head. However, considering this scene takes place in the middle of a sunny day, it's not that big a problem.

The background is okay, though I'm not too sure what those white things in the ocean are supposed to be - clouds? Maybe putting some glitter on the water surface would be a good idea; water reflects a lot of light, after all. I see how you wanted to fit Mokona under Fai's arm, but she (yeah, I will stick with "she" from now on) ends up looking very flat and weird, perhaps you could have placed her on Sakura's shoulder instead? Oh, and Syaoran and Sakura in the background are absolutely adorable!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 16 2006, 03:39 am »
Please use the existing TRC Picture Thread for posting fanfic pictures of the series. That's what it's there for. Thank You.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #9 on: October 20 2006, 09:03 am »
I don't think the TRC picture thread is really for posting up a CW member's artwork. Most of what is on that thread is either official art, or wallpapers and art found at other sites, not usually work done by CW members. Or maybe it's a little bit of everything?

People have always been encouraged to make their own art topic here in the Fan Creations section to receive feedback though.

Kazuki: I like Kuro's expression, and Syaoran being led blindfolded in the background is amusing. ^^