AuthorTopic: A black day for gamers.......  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
A black day for gamers.......
« on: September 24 2006, 04:28 pm »
The biggest gameconvention there is, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (also known as E3).....is dead. :(

I read this news in a very reliable gamemagazine, but i have yet to find an official article about this. The reason for its demise is that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft decided to pull the plug out of this because the costs for the E3 were way too big the last couple of years and their individual games weren't getting enough attention (which is not surprising considering there are about 200 games shown there every year).

It won't be the same without E3......  :cry:
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Ingenuine

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: A black day for gamers.......
« Reply #1 on: September 24 2006, 04:43 pm »
I know, i heard about that a little while ago =/
WHY GOD WHYY!?

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #2 on: September 24 2006, 05:11 pm »
NOOOOOONOONONONONONONONONONONO, I always wanted to go, now that I'm old enuff to do so, man, I wonder how G4 is going to handle this one??

Well what I think is that E3 was a place for gamers and non gamers could come across and getting more people into gaming fandom, so N/S/M just cut their life line.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 24 2006, 08:58 pm »
OLD NEWS.

Here's a quote about the future of the show:

On July 31, 2006, it was announced that the expo would be downsized and restructured. Essentially, the E³ "Trade Show" has been cancelled, replaced with a much lower-key and inaccessible event or series of events. E³ is now called the E³ Media Festival, making the full name the "Electronic Entertainment Expo Media Festival. "

The new E3 Expo will take shape over the next several months. As currently envisioned, it will still take place in Los Angeles, described by ESA as a “great and supportive partner helping to build E3.” It will focus on press events and small meetings with media, retail, development, and other key sectors. While there will be opportunities for game demonstrations, E3Expo 2007 will not feature the large trade show environment of previous years.

The whole thing got too big too fast and lost its original focus. I applaud E3 to basically going back to its 'roots'.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!