AuthorTopic: Let's talk about J-POP!  (Read 49111 times)

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
  • Hiya! Nice to meet you guys~
Let's talk about J-POP!
« on: April 02 2005, 02:23 pm »
Maybe we should talk about J-POP...since i think at least a couple of ppl enjoy Jpop in here XD so maybe we'll start a thread or something!!!!

So who likes Utada Hikaru? or listens to have songs???? do comment!!!!
Or you can talk about any other Japanese artists that you like!!! XD posting ur idols pix r okay tooo!!! :hehe:
'Our love is like the wind,  I can't see it, but I can still feel it...' -Landon Carter (A Walk To Remember)

'Everything's going to be all right' -Sakura Kinomoto (CCS)

'Believe in True Love...the one you're meant to be with.'-Ashleygurl <3

I <3 Syaoran(CCS), Syaoran (TRC)~

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
Re: Let's talk about J-POP!
« Reply #1 on: April 02 2005, 05:51 pm »
Ooh! Me, me, me! *raises hand frantically* I really love Utada Hikaru! Her songs are the best!

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 03 2005, 12:10 am »
Ayumi Hamasaki
HAV (sang 'Hey Jimmy'  - the ending song for peacemaker kurogane)
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 03 2005, 02:20 am »
> v < Yay another fan of Utada!!! But her english songs r not as good.

Ayumi Hamasaki is kewl too...but dun listen much of her songs...

anyone heard of 'W'???? or morning musume?
'Our love is like the wind,  I can't see it, but I can still feel it...' -Landon Carter (A Walk To Remember)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #4 on: April 03 2005, 10:44 am »
morning musume?? hmm sounds familiar.. but i dun really remember... probably from my frewn who's obess wit jpop.. LOLZ!! i like utada too.. hehe i luv her songs..
i also like TAMAKI TAMI!! hmm she sings most of gundam seed and gundam seed destiny songs..  i also like TM revolution.. but i dunno most of his songs.. hehe

almost forgot.. sakamoto maaya.. HEHE person who sings LOOP.. tsubasa's ending and CCS's 3rd opening.. both great songs..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 03 2005, 02:55 pm »
TAMI NAMAKI!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!

'Reason' is a FAB song XXXDDDD...

neeywayz, morning musume is a bunch of 15-20 sth 'teen gurls' in Japan who r pretty popular and they got this generation thing each year..haha. And there's this other group call Berryz Kobou too (sp?) which ranged from age 10-13 haha sounds totally scary.

And Maaya...oh god love her since CCS third opening, and in wolf's rain and in Tsubasa. XD

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #6 on: April 03 2005, 05:57 pm »
Tami Namaki! I love "daitan ni ikimashou" :lol: and all her gundam seed songs... I like Realize!

Maaya Sakamoto is great as well. I love Gravity, Purachina and of course Loop! :D

Also, I like Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Flow... yeah, rock bands.  :headbang:

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: April 04 2005, 02:14 am »
SMAP--I love "sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana"^^
gackt is pretty good too..

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #8 on: April 04 2005, 07:01 am »
i luv tamaki nami's song.. most of them i no.. and her videos are cool.. cuz she dances

her dancing is WICKED!!!

i almost forgot.. M-FLO!! they're so cool.. sing songs wit almost every jap singer.. hehe

asian kung-fu generation is ok.. i only heard them from naruto.. hehe.. and sum songs from my frewn
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 05 2005, 01:27 am »
SMAP--I love "sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana"^^
gackt is pretty good too..

OMG...I adore that song!!! XXDDDDD Sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana...i even remember their moves in the LIVE version. ANd dumb enough to follow the moves while singing..waha.

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 05 2005, 01:28 am »
i luv tamaki nami's song.. most of them i no.. and her videos are cool.. cuz she dances

her dancing is WICKED!!!

i almost forgot.. M-FLO!! they're so cool.. sing songs wit almost every jap singer.. hehe

asian kung-fu generation is ok.. i only heard them from naruto.. hehe.. and sum songs from my frewn

*nods at the Tami Namaki comment* Absolutely agree!!!! And she is ONLY 16 in that MV. I was so amazed with her singing potential and talent! She totally ROX. The MV was totally worth watching.

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #11 on: April 05 2005, 04:16 am »
^^I'm glad to see someone appreciate Reason ^^ As a big fan of Gundam, I see that its a very successful ending, and its MV was comparatively more interesting than the Oricon No. 1 Ignited.  At least, her dance was cool, and also she sang well ^^ I also recommend people listening to the new anime songs, like FMA's and Gundam SD 's. More noticable, I can see that Tanaka Rie ( from Chobits and Gundam SEED) is a very good singer. If anyone is interested, I'm happy to list out some recommendations.
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 05 2005, 04:17 am »
^^I'm glad to see someone appreciate Reason ^^ As a big fan of Gundam, I see that its a very successful ending, and its MV was comparatively more interesting than the Oricon No. 1 Ignited. At least, her dance was cool, and also she sang well ^^ I also recommend people listening to the new anime songs, like FMA's and Gundam SD 's. More noticable, I can see that Tanaka Rie ( from Chobits and Gundam SEED) is a very good singer. If anyone is interested, I'm happy to list out some recommendations.

XXDDDD A Gundam seed expert....!!!! Yay. We can be buddies *huggles*
The songs you pointed out are all kewl. *thumbs up*
I really admire your knowledge of songs...therefore i give you a cookie XD u totally deserve it~

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 05 2005, 04:22 am »
^^ Thanks a lot. Thats a very nice present from you ^^ O,also the "older" bands are very nice too. I especially love SMAP 's songs. I really like their song Seikai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana ^^ The whole single is very nice. Their last concert MIJ 2003 was definately was very good one. ^^

~Walt Disney

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #14 on: April 05 2005, 06:14 am »
umm i haven't seen the Reason video.. which is sad.. i got this live thingy of Gundam Seed Destiny though.. i'm sorry to say.. that Tamaki Nami's live version of Reason was poor.. *sigh.. but TM Revolution rocked.. High and Mighty Color was ok..

Tanake Rie.. i'm in luv wit her gundam seed and destiny songs.. u should ask my frewns.. LOLZZ.. i luv feilds of hope.. XD!! it's the best song sang by her..

Gundam Seed Destiny's Pride and Life goes on is really good rite now.. at first i didn't like Life goes on but now it's so good.. XD!! although i prefer REASON all the way!!!!!

u no who else is a good singer and i have started to fall in luv wit her just a few days ago.. IWAO JUNKO!!! tomoyo's voice person.. her voice is really nice and have been listening to her songs all weekend.. b4.. thks to my special clamp thingy.. hehe

again wit Tamaki Nami.. she's started singing wen she was 14 and she totally rocks now.. all her Gundam seed songs were all ranked top 5 i think.. hmm.. oo Reason ranked 2nd there we go.. well i'll go listen to Reason now... *starts singing and dancing..

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 05 2005, 03:18 pm »
Well, I saw that subbed version of the the live Gundam SEED Music as well. Tamaki is still too inexperienced for live, and yes that was a poor performance. I think thats because she sand the remixed version of the song. You can see the tempo is dead slow, and also Tamaki always sing fast tempo songs, and never did a very good job in slow ones.

Well, talking about PRIDE and Life Goes On, a lot of people say its still second comepared to Ignited. And truly, TMR is still a better compared to all of them, and we can see that from the live performance. ^^ Also, TMR does the v-o for the Heine Westerfluss^^His voice is so cool^^. Unfortunately, he was "killed" maybe, cuz this Heien character was just there to give TMR a "present" for doing the 1st attack of the GSD.

I see that you hear a lot of GSD, but how about GS? Many say that atm, GS's music is better than GSD. I especailly like Akatsuki no Kuruma from the special ending. I think its really cool, especially the sunset theme set by the singer. Also, Tanaka Rie sang two more image songs. Both were very good ^^.

As for the ratings, Tamaki Nami's were on Oricon, and most were above No. 5. The best was Reason, No. 2, which was just a bit lower than TRM's Ignited No.1. But the remixes of Tamaki Nami's songs were only on No.9, which was a lower rating compared to most of the GS songs.

~Walt Disney

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #16 on: April 06 2005, 08:54 am »
YEA YEA!! i like akatsuki no kuruma.. hehe GS is the thing that got me into GSD.. XD it's cool.. i really like lacus' song too.. but i still like her new song from GSD..

tamaki nami's remixes aren't that good.. and yea i agree the song version of reason she sang live wasn't good. all her songs are umm probably more lively because they're all dancing songs. XD

TMR.. wah.. it was sad wen heine died.. i liked him too.. he was funny. it wasn't until after i heard his interview on the GSD music thingy that i new he did the voice.. haha.. i also heard that he did a voice on GS too.. and he also died.. LOLZZ!! apparently they didn't want him to do a character for very long..

ignite was the best song from GSD i believe.. haha.. heard it was a really big hit.. my frewn said that TMR was dead but GS and GSD brought him bak to life.. in a way.. i liked his other songs that he sang for GS.. and it was in epi 23 for GSD too.. i was like OMG METEOR!! yea.. i liked his meteor and zips song.. zips is from the special.. i believe the 2nd one.. yea.. they were really good songs too.. XD

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #17 on: April 06 2005, 11:23 am »
I'm a J-Pop freak!!!!
I like Ayumi Hamasaki, Megumi Hayashibara, Utada Hikaru, Koda Kumi, Sakamoto Maaya, Morning Masamune, Tamaki Nami, and a few more I can't remember due to my cruddy memorie  :tongue3:
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 07 2005, 02:11 am »
I'm a J-Pop freak!!!!
I like Ayumi Hamasaki, Megumi Hayashibara, Utada Hikaru, Koda Kumi, Sakamoto Maaya, Morning Masamune, Tamaki Nami, and a few more I can't remember due to my cruddy memorie :tongue3:

^^Those singers are good too. How about boy bands??? :P I like the "older" ones, like SMAP, V6, Kinki Kids, and also the recent L.E.A.D and NewS is ok ^^ Anyone else?

~Walt Disney

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #19 on: April 07 2005, 06:31 am »
i dun listen to boy bands.. *sweatdrop.. XD.. mostly only listen to girls..

haha.. i'm not trying to b bais though.. haha.. just dun really have boy band songs.. yup