AuthorTopic: Any advice?  (Read 5514 times)

Offline JediRiff

• Well, what's there to say?
Any advice?
« on: September 16 2005, 11:23 am »
If you haven't met me in the forums (I'm pretty new :keke:), I like to draw and occasionally I get inspired to do something pretty cool. As I'm currently in obsession mode over Tsubasa I figured I'd make an ellaborate drawing of sorts. My idea is to make a picture showing Syaoran's perserverance and how his thoughts of Sakura encourage him to keep trying. The setting hasn't been decided on yet, nor the way I should implement Sakura into the picture (although I've had many ideas, the pose doesn't seem quite right: Thinking of a pose like how Aura looked in the .Hack//Sign series).
BUT I need some advice/critiques on this project  straight from Tsubasa fans. Right now I have this first piece of it done so check it out  :wink:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/JediRiff/Willnotfailherpart1.jpg

Sig above is bLuetopaz's!!!
"Make a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man a fire and keep him warm for a lifetime."
“Is it not beautiful to watch the sunrise, and see the dark explode with light?”
   -CyborgV6 of the Dynasty Guild

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
Re: Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 16 2005, 11:41 am »
it's very good

Offline JediRiff

« Reply #2 on: September 16 2005, 12:45 pm »
Why thank you Angel ^^

and BTW to everyone: I hope it's fairly obvious who the character is. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) I've had a lot of people ask me who it is, or think it is an original character which kind of struck me like an aluminium baseball bat. It loses a lot of it's meaning without the character's personality and story which is really sad :( Hopefully when I post the final product everything will be understandable for fans and non-fans alike.

"Make a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man a fire and keep him warm for a lifetime."
“Is it not beautiful to watch the sunrise, and see the dark explode with light?”

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #3 on: September 16 2005, 01:03 pm »
Awesome. The drawing is actually really good (I can't draw anime AT ALL), but maybe you can make the hair... I dunno, a bit bigger/longer, as in the bangs. I don't know. Otherwise, it is very, very good.
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: September 16 2005, 01:04 pm »
I like the pose a lot. But if you're looking for suggestions, maybe raise his head a little to show his eyes, or one eye? The 'determined eyes' are kind of Syaoran's characteristic, that might help it look more 'determined' and not be mistaken for 'defeated' in that pose. *shrugs* Well, I don't know.. might be something to try. Depends on what else you put around it, also, I think.

What were you thinking, like two superimposed pictures of Sakura & Syaoran? Or like a collage-type thing?

In any case, I think the idea's cool. Look forward to seeing the end result.

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: September 16 2005, 01:26 pm »
Sugoi! :keke: It's great, and the pose is awesome!! As for how to implement Sakura into the picture, I was thinking that you could put a picture of her holding her feather as the background. And Pikari's suggestion about his eyes is good too. ^^

Can't wait till it's finished! :wave:

Offline JediRiff

« Reply #6 on: September 16 2005, 01:44 pm »
Sugoi! :keke: It's great, and the pose is awesome!! As for how to implement Sakura into the picture, I was thinking that you could put a picture of her holding her feather as the background. And Pikari's suggestion about his eyes is good too. ^^

Can't wait till it's finished! :wave:
Good point, although I dread the prospect of trying to seperate the fingers into recognizable shapes :haha: but I'll definately consider that thanks :)

I like the pose a lot. But if you're looking for suggestions, maybe raise his head a little to show his eyes, or one eye? The 'determined eyes' are kind of Syaoran's characteristic, that might help it look more 'determined' and not be mistaken for 'defeated' in that pose. *shrugs* Well, I don't know.. might be something to try. Depends on what else you put around it, also, I think.

What were you thinking, like two superimposed pictures of Sakura & Syaoran? Or like a collage-type thing?

In any case, I think the idea's cool. Look forward to seeing the end result.

Wow, you pretty much struck what I was going for on the dot. I was intending him to seem a tad defeated for that's when real perserverance comes through, but your right that I might have gone overboard :sweatdrop: I really like your idea on the eyes; I'll try remaking it so his eyes are visible.
As for putting Sakura in there, I wasn't planning on superimposing, but something you said gave me a great idea. (I think it was between "Sakura" and "Syaoran". Maybe it was the &....) I'll test these things out, post the updated version up here and see what you think :)

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #7 on: September 16 2005, 02:45 pm »
Wowie!  It's really cool!  I like the showing the eyes a little idea though.   Methinks you'll get a cookie for such an awesome drawing.   I can't wait to see the end result!  :D
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #8 on: September 17 2005, 04:06 am »
erm.. i agree with Pikari-san.. improve on the head area and also the foot..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #9 on: September 17 2005, 05:14 am »
Lol, I draw too!

I like the picture pose, but of course like anyone else, you can improve it. Like the hands... and like Pikari said, raise the head a bit to show an eye at least. And you can probably do something about the foot... looked kinda odd to me.

Offline Tooya_Mizuki

• The Unknown Savior
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: September 17 2005, 05:39 am »
Nice drawing JediRiff  :okay:
You should follow Pikari's advice on the head also, improve on the foot a bit  :okay:.

Forum Family:
My younger brother- KuroPuppy
My younger sisters-
SayoraChan,moonprincess18/Genki
Girl, Lexi, OniiChanTouya, Angelic-Essence,
Fisah, Okamirei, Sofiacardcaptors, Princess Kakurine, Maina-Chan.
My big sisters- moezy-chan, bLuetopaz.

Offline JediRiff

« Reply #11 on: September 19 2005, 04:06 am »
Thanks for the cookie Starfire! And thank you everyone for all the comments and advice ^^ I'll repost the image with the adjusted head and foot in awhile, and maybe I'll get Sakura added in there today as well (no promises on that though).

Offline Saiyuki

• Wish on a star...
  • New Fan
  • No matter what, keep on dreaming.
« Reply #12 on: September 19 2005, 10:12 am »
I really get the idea you are trying to show, but there are some more things you can improve, (including what everyone else) I think that the drawing is a bit too straight. You need to make them more curvy, more natural, but i think you have a lot of potential.

Offline charcoalz

• Obsessed Fan
  • onew <3
« Reply #13 on: September 19 2005, 01:15 pm »
hehe, it's good =]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Family <3
itoko-san: Pretty, Okamirei
onee-san: Møon Li
futago-san: kudan

Offline JediRiff

« Reply #14 on: September 19 2005, 01:36 pm »
Ok here's the image with a few adjustments as well as Sakura.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/JediRiff/Will-not-fail-her-part2-cop.gif

First off, Sakura's hair came out terribly. No excuse for it, so I will redraw it later. Same goes for the dress. But I wanted to get this portion out to show one of my ideas of how I was going to add Sakura. If this pose lasts till final production, Sakura will be faded to become more transparent, kind of like a memory or inspiration within Syaoran. Yay or nay it, I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks. I do have another idea that I like a lot but haven't gotten around to drawing yet as it could be a whole picture by itself, but if this pose for Sakura doesn't go over well I'll gladly give it a shot  :okay:.

To Saiyuki--- Thanks, I thought my drawing seemed a tad stiff especially when it came to hair, but hopefully I'll get a better feel for it.

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #15 on: September 19 2005, 01:43 pm »
It's good!  I love the eye showing 
But perhaps on Syaoran's shoulder on the left could be rounded a tad bit more.  The on the right side the hand should probably be a bit bigger.  (your left and you right not Syao's)

I like the memory idea for Sakura Though!  Great job! 
(don't worry it seems I have trouble with Sakura's hair as well)
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #16 on: September 19 2005, 01:48 pm »
Looks nice! I like Sakura's position... like she's trying to support him, even though she's a memory/faded image-thingy. :P

Offline Tooya_Mizuki

• The Unknown Savior
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #17 on: September 20 2005, 04:43 am »
I like the memory concept for Sakura, great job JediRiff.

Forum Family:
My younger brother- KuroPuppy
My younger sisters-
SayoraChan,moonprincess18/Genki
Girl, Lexi, OniiChanTouya, Angelic-Essence,
Fisah, Okamirei, Sofiacardcaptors, Princess Kakurine, Maina-Chan.
My big sisters- moezy-chan, bLuetopaz.

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #18 on: September 16 2006, 01:14 pm »
nice work!keep it up!!i like to draw too,but i suck at drawing!!anyway,continue your work.your drawing are better than me!!  ^_^

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san