AuthorTopic: Ever get picked on for liking CCS?  (Read 10654 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
Ever get picked on for liking CCS?
« on: August 29 2006, 01:53 am »
I was just curious about this, since it happens to me a lot.

It's obvious that the majority of us are in English-speaking countries, and it's obvious that CCS didn't get very good treatment in said countries. Because of that, most English-speaking people don't have a very good opinion on the show itself. We number among the few who have seen the truth, yet we are alone in a vast world full of lies and ignorance. When we try to share what we have learned with others, they shrug it off, they harass you for liking such a "crappy girly show", and (for boys at least) your masculinity rating among your peers drops 150% or more.

I get made fun of all the time for liking CCS, because no one has ever seen the actual show, and therefore they don't know how amazing it was. Is it like this with anyone else, or am I alone? =/
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
Re: Ever get picked on for liking CCS?
« Reply #1 on: August 29 2006, 02:41 am »
When I was at College and universities, I always carry something CCS around with me and whether its a folder, keyring, stickers, artwork or whatever, people always think anything that is "animated" is for kids. It happens all the time in the UK. I always get comments such as "How old are you?" or "Don't you realise those kinds of stuff are for kids" and many more similiar comments. I even get those type of comments from friends & somehow not close to them anymore. However in the end, I'm proud that there are so many older CCS fans and proud of what my tastes are.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #2 on: August 29 2006, 02:46 am »
Hehe, I'm a teacher, and I have a Sakura keychain...not too long ago, one of my students noticed it and was like, "Wow, Cardcaptors! You like Cardcaptors?"  No one else in the class even knew what it was (these were high school freshman)!   As to the one student, I had to, umm, educate her...I immediately brought my CCS manga up and let her read it...

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 29 2006, 10:01 am »
A couple of forums I belong to made constant fun of me but after awhile accepted The Clow as a way of life for me :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #4 on: August 29 2006, 04:26 pm »
lol.. i was called a phedophile for liking 'little kids' in CCS.. and yes, people even at 18 view CCS as 'Kids cartoon' and thinks that i'm childish watching and liking it..

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #5 on: August 31 2006, 06:07 pm »
Yes....But I nevermind it 'cause even though it's for kids(I know I'm 25 years old today)but I really liking it even I have a job right now. :okay:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #6 on: August 31 2006, 06:16 pm »
lol.. i was called a phedophile for liking 'little kids' in CCS.. and yes, people even at 18 view CCS as 'Kids cartoon' and thinks that i'm childish watching and liking it..

Oh my gosh... I was teased the same thing as well, but mostly cause I liked CCS and it wasn't seen as one of those 'mature' animes. Even other anime fans can tease me for still loving CCS after all these years because there are so many other great animes out there and CCS is seen as childish...

But that's not true. CCS is a lot more than that... and I love it because of that. And so I don't care what other "mature" anime fans think, I love CCS.

As for others, yes, I've also been teased as childish especially from my family. But I kept watching and going crazy over CCS and anime, so they've gotten used to it. >_> I think.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline *~LostKitty~*

• Good Fan
  • Haruhi & Tamaki looks so cute...
« Reply #7 on: September 23 2006, 11:15 pm »
yea...I was laughed at sometimes!!!!
most of the people in my country don't even know that CCS exists **can you believe that** And my friends laugh at me and say :" You like to watch cartoons???" They don't know the difference between a great anime ang A cheesy carton...*sigh*
We're seeking our fleeting dreams in a world with no answers...

The shining blaze in my heart will convey my wish...

Offline FaerieFlora

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #8 on: September 24 2006, 09:25 am »
I have been very fortunate no one has every laugh at me for watching CCS.

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #9 on: September 29 2006, 07:46 am »
When I was at College and universities, I always carry something CCS around with me and whether its a folder, keyring, stickers, artwork or whatever, people always think anything that is "animated" is for kids. It happens all the time in the UK. I always get comments such as "How old are you?" or "Don't you realise those kinds of stuff are for kids" and many more similiar comments. I even get those type of comments from friends & somehow not close to them anymore. However in the end, I'm proud that there are so many older CCS fans and proud of what my tastes are.

My classsmates say the same thing to me, just because it's animated it doesn't mean it's only for little kids! They even comented that because I bought a Sailor Moon dvd.

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #10 on: September 29 2006, 11:33 pm »
(for boys at least) your masculinity rating among your peers drops 150% or more.

RIght on! They don't really say anything but people give me weird looks when they find out I like CCS. But I don't mind them.. they'll never know what they're missing. :D

Offline Wolf Blossom

• I Wanna Guy Like Syaoran!!!!
  • Good Fan
  • I Love Syaoran!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 30 2006, 01:42 pm »
I was teased about it but now people shut up about it cause they're going to regret it later  :violent1: hehe but Some of my really good friends make fun of me hehe I call Myself Mrs. Li  :sweatdrop: eheheh i don't blame then for that hahah :heh:
*~Wolf Blossom~*
For Each Day that passes By i can't help and stop To think About you....and you only, Your Smiles makes my Day, Your Eyes takes my Breath away...Syaoran Li I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #12 on: September 30 2006, 02:25 pm »
Yeah, I too have been picked on for liking CCS, picked on for liking anime in general since 1992, because of the horrid Amerikilled CardCaptors. I don't let it get me down thou....I just hand them X or Chobits and tell them that the people who made CCS, made this. Then I get asked, can I read more.....you'd be amazed how many friends I made doing that. I'm 19, and have no prob buying anime, I'll buy it when I'm in my 70s even, I think age should not matter on what you like verses what others think is wrong or what they like in return.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Koneko

• Fairy in disguise
« Reply #13 on: October 05 2006, 09:12 am »
My family makes fun of me for watching CCS all the time. They don't think it's normal to watch 9 DVDs in one weekend without a stitch of English in them. But then again, they make fun of me no matter what "cartoon" I watch. They just don't appreciate good anime.
"It is not in anyone's power to bring the dead back to life. Not even those we call gods," That's what my father told me, "And because our time is limited...you have to give everything you have, and live for those things you believe in." That's what he said
--Syaoran, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Volume 10

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
  • Floating in a field of dreams....
« Reply #14 on: October 05 2006, 09:47 am »
My family makes fun of me for watching CCS all the time. They don't think it's normal to watch 9 DVDs in one weekend without a stitch of English in them. But then again, they make fun of me no matter what "cartoon" I watch. They just don't appreciate good anime.

I wish i lived with you, that sounds really fun ^^

hehe but Some of my really good friends make fun of me hehe I call Myself Mrs. Li   eheheh i don't blame then for that hahah

lol, that does suit you.

But, i dont understand how CCSis a kids show. The japenese version is to emotionally deep for anyone under the age of 10, and the animation is amazing for when it was prodced. People dont insult artists for drawing, and this is the same thing. Some people just need to get a grip.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #15 on: October 05 2006, 12:26 pm »
I feel sorry for those who get picked on by their family for liking an Anime.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #16 on: October 07 2006, 02:39 am »
At least my familly don't pick me much. :) My dad watches some anime, my sis is fan too, and my mom likes anime that are kawaii and kid-friendly. In fact my dad was the one that introduced me to anime! Yay! My friends are the only onethat pick on me. *sigh*

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 30 2006, 01:41 am »
Believe it or not, my family picks on me (and goes to the extreme of humiliating me in public) for liking anime, especially CCS. Not my girlfriend and some of my female coworkers, though. At times my girlfriend would even compare me to Kero-chan.

Offline *~LostKitty~*

• Good Fan
  • Haruhi & Tamaki looks so cute...
« Reply #18 on: November 19 2006, 12:56 pm »
Boys have it harder than girls when it comes to CCS...My family is used to me going crazy over lots of anime so they don't mind . BUt my parents put their foot down when i buy tOO much
We're seeking our fleeting dreams in a world with no answers...

The shining blaze in my heart will convey my wish...

Offline Giraffe-o-Life

• New Fan
  • Pink is Manly
« Reply #19 on: November 19 2006, 02:19 pm »
My mother used to tease me for watching the Cardcaptors dub (like, six years ago or when ever it was shown on Teletoon,) But she gave me no grief about CCS, and all my younger siblings adored it, so no, I never really got picked on.