AuthorTopic: The Seiyuu/Voice Actor Appreciation Thread  (Read 10640 times)

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
The Seiyuu/Voice Actor Appreciation Thread
« on: August 13 2006, 05:39 pm »
Ever wonder about the voice behind the anime character? You may have heard of them refered to as voice actors, seiyuu, or CV (character voice), but their jobs are all one and the same and also very vital. They give "life" and more character and personality to our favorite anime and manga characters.

Voice actors in Japan are very involved in their work, and the seiyuu industry is considerably large, with over 100 different seiyuu schools in Japan. The jobs of these men and women aren't limited to voicing anime characters, however. They also dub foreign movies, documentaries, and TV shows; record voice tracks for video games; record CDs, drama CDs, and radio dramas; and even perform live event shows.

So, who are your favorite seiyuus? Why do you like them? What are your favorite anime roles by them? Have any favorite songs, or know any facts about them? Any way to show your appreciation for them, whether they're Japanese, American, German, or Chinese.

I guess I'll start it off. X3

My very favorite voice actor is Miki Shin'ichirou. Some of his most notable roles are of the road racer Taki Fujiwara in Initial D, the pimp Youji in Weiss Kreuz, the mysterious Urahara in Bleach, the puppylike Katou from Haru wo Daiteita (<3), the psychotic Creed Diskence from Black Cat, and of course the goofy Kojirou from Pokemon. We in the TRC fandom also know him as King Touya. And that's only a few of his almost 200 roles. The man is brilliant... he has so much variety in his voice! Not to mention he's not so bad looking. (At least when his hair doesn't look like he's been electrocuted. ^_~ But seriously, I think he's very hot. I'm obsessed. But you don't need to hear that do you...) ^_~

My next favorite seiyuu is Morikawa Toshiyuki. I think his most notable role would be Sephiroth from Final Fantasy (although I've never played/watched it ^^;). He also voices Kurosaki Isshin from Bleach, Iwaki from Haru wo Daiteita (notice a pattern in my two favorite seiyuu? XD), Naraku from Inuyasha, Conrad from Kyo Kara Maoh!, and Nakajima in Gakuen Heaven. He also has a lot of variety in his voice, and also has done a lot.

Other seiyuu that follow are Fukuyama Jun, Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, Inoue Kazuhiko, Takahiko Sakurai, Megumi Ogata, Paku Romi, and Sakura Tange. ^^ They're all very talented actors and performers with lovely voices.

Some good links:
Seiyuu - Wikipedia
Anime News Network
Seiyuu Livejournal Community - VERY good place for media
MikiShin<3

You don't have to put as much info as I did. I'm just very obsessed. ^^;;; Your posts can be short and to the point, and you can just put your favorite seiyuu and favorite roles. I just would like to get some more appreciation and attention to them for their amazing performances that they so diligently do.
« Last Edit: August 13 2006, 06:24 pm by hoshisenshi »

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
Re: The Seiyuu/Voice Actor Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13 2006, 05:43 pm »
My fav is Yui Makino. She has such a cute voice! :keke:
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 13 2006, 06:00 pm »
Well, I know many many German seiyuus who have wonderful voices. But my Japanese favourites are Shunsuke Kazama (Yugi/mou hitori no Yugi in Yugi-Oh), Kenjiri Tsuda (Seto Kaiba, YGO), Junko Takeuchi (Mokuba, YGO) and Rica Matsumoto (Ryou/Bakura/Thief Bakura, YGO). So wonderful voices! Of course, Syaoran's, Kurogane's and - hyuuuu! - Fai's voices are amazing as well *_* *luff* Oh, and Yuuko's! I love it when she talks! *fangirl scream*

In German, I love Gerrit Schmidt-Foß (Seto Kaiba, Leonardo di Caprio), Sebastian Schulz, Hannes Maurer, Constantine von Jascheroff and aaaall of them *_*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #3 on: August 13 2006, 06:08 pm »
Mm hmm. Kurogane and Fai's voice actors are also love. ^^ Tetsu Inada and Daisuke Namikawa! (Pineapple!) ^^

In German, I love Gerrit Schmidt-Foß (Seto Kaiba, Leonardo di Caprio), Sebastian Schulz, Hannes Maurer, Constantine von Jascheroff and aaaall of them *_*

Ah, so German voice actors take on the roles of specific actors as well? Morikawa Toshiyuki also does all the voices of Ewan McGregor (he dubbed for Obi Wan in the latest Star Wars movies). ^^ Miki Shinichirou also dubbed Aladdin. ^^

Hmm.. some sad news is that Kamiya Hiroshi, the seiyuu who voiced Keefer in TRC (and Saionji in Gakuen Heaven), got in an accident and was in a coma for several days, but he recently woke up. So let us all support him in spirit. News from here

Offline EuphoriaBliss

• Call me Euphi (Yu-fi)!
  • Big Fan
  • Eternally Blissful...
« Reply #4 on: August 13 2006, 06:13 pm »
I'd say Yui Makino because of her cute voice and Miyu Irino because his voice suits Syaoran well especially since he's a teen himself. Other seiyuu like Fumika Orikasa and Romi Paku too!

I am Forever Happy to be by your side...

IOU *cookie* to:
Moon Li  (Thnx 4 d lyrics!)

Forum Family:
Moon Li - Onee-chan!^_^~

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #5 on: August 13 2006, 06:30 pm »
i like Miyu Irino coz he voiced Syaoran!!!! and he looks quite good in person.. he's even the same age as me!!! i love his songs too!! especially the duet of Yume no Tsubasa with Yui Makino and Kaze Ni Naritai (D.N. Angel). He also voiced my all-time favourite character-Haku from Spirited Away!

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline EuphoriaBliss

• Call me Euphi (Yu-fi)!
  • Big Fan
  • Eternally Blissful...
« Reply #6 on: August 13 2006, 06:41 pm »
I was super obsessed with their duet!>O< I even got my cousin obsessed and she doesnt like anime. Heehee... I made her like Tsubasa!^^ His voice is really nice, I even asked my friend to download Kizuna for me.

I also like Rica Matsumoto. Pokemon was my all time favorite anime when I was young.

I am Forever Happy to be by your side...

IOU *cookie* to:
Moon Li  (Thnx 4 d lyrics!)

Forum Family:
Moon Li - Onee-chan!^_^~

Offline Bra-chan

• Ice-cream fan de~su =^.^=
« Reply #7 on: August 13 2006, 06:45 pm »
waiii, I am a big seiyuu fan  :heh:
My fav is Ishida Akira  :love4:
- Naruto: Gaara
- Chrono Crusade: Chrono
- Gundam Seed/Destiny: Athrun Zala
- Marmalade Boy: Kei-kun
- Saiyuki: Hakkai
- Spiral: Eyes-kun
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Nagisa Kaworu
- DN Angel: Hiwatari-kun
etc, etc, etc....

Morikubo Shotarou:
- Naruto: Shikamaru
- Get Backers: Amano Ginji
- Orphen: Orphen
- PoT: Kirihara  :inlove:
- Final Fantasy: Kadaj
etc etc etc XDDD

And Romi Paku, Seki Tomokazu, Seki Toshihiko, Hoshi Souchiro, Minigawa Junko ^_____^

And I like also german seiyuus too... they are so good at it  :heh:
So favs: Daniel Schlauch, Sebastian Schulz, Clemens Ostermann ^____^

And I dunno his name but I like the france Van Fanel too  :sweatdrop: I think his name was Oliver? o.O;;;

" You will be able to meet different people. And then one day You'll never see them again. "

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: August 13 2006, 06:50 pm »
Wah, I love Morikubo Shotarou too! He was Asano in thte Haru wo Daiteita drama cds! (see the pattern again? XD) He was in FF also? I really need to watch that..

German seiyuu seem to be very big too. I wish I could hear some of them. ^^

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #9 on: August 13 2006, 07:34 pm »
i like Miyu Irino coz he voiced Syaoran!!!! and he looks quite good in person.. he's even the same age as me!!! i love his songs too!! especially the duet of Yume no Tsubasa with Yui Makino and Kaze Ni Naritai (D.N. Angel). He also voiced my all-time favourite character-Haku from Spirited Away!

I heard the "Yume no Tsubasa" duet yesterday for the first time and OMG!!! it was sooo kawaii :keke:
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline Bra-chan

• Ice-cream fan de~su =^.^=
« Reply #10 on: August 13 2006, 07:36 pm »
Wah, I love Morikubo Shotarou too! He was Asano in thte Haru wo Daiteita drama cds! (see the pattern again? XD) He was in FF also? I really need to watch that..

German seiyuu seem to be very big too. I wish I could hear some of them. ^^

Haru wo Daiteita rocks *____* I also love the drama cds too XDDD
There are a song where Morikubo singing Narutos song, the " Oh, Enka! " and in the ending he is laughing and he is just soooo kawaii *______*

yepp, he is in FF too, and he is so devilish and yummy XDDD

Huh, I am not german, but I have some interviews with german seiyuus ^____^ If I find the dvd I can update it for You ^_____^ They are really amazing  :inlove:

" You will be able to meet different people. And then one day You'll never see them again. "

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #11 on: August 14 2006, 12:57 am »
Romi Paku is quickly becoming my favorite, she does Edward Elric and Nana O.
 Junko MINAGAWA I also like, she does Ryuoh for TC, but also Ritsuka for Loveless

Ken Narita, who does Sesshoumaru and also Fuuma
But my real favorite is Kazuhiko INOUE, the sexy thing! He does Hatori Souma in Fruits Basket, Yuki in Gravitiation, Kakashi in Naruto, and othershttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=722

But I also love Fai and Kuro's voices.  Daisuke Namikawa is joy, and I really want to hear Inada-san laugh again like he does in the first episode.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to it again! Mwahaaa!

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #12 on: August 14 2006, 04:01 am »
But my real favorite is Kazuhiko INOUE, the sexy thing! He does Hatori Souma in Fruits Basket, Yuki in Gravitiation, Kakashi in Naruto, and othershttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=722

But I also love Fai and Kuro's voices.  Daisuke Namikawa is joy, and I really want to hear Inada-san laugh again like he does in the first episode.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to it again! Mwahaaa!

Ken Narita's very funny/ dramatic when I've seen him in live events. X3 He's awesome. And I love Inoue Kazuhiko for his low purring voice in Gravitation. X3

And ya, I want to hear Inada laugh like that again! I had watched the first episode only after watching later episodes, and I almost thought it wasn't him.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #13 on: August 14 2006, 06:45 am »
My list of favourites and their my favourite characters they do: (in no order but I do like Ryotaro Okiayu and Takahiro Sakurai the best)

Ryotaro Okiayu - Tezuka from PoT, Dark from DN Angel, K from Gravitation, and Crawford from Weiss Kreuz
Kenjiro Tsuda - Inui from PoT, Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters, and Elmunt from Meine Liebe Wieder
Takahiro Sakurai  - the Maou from KKM, Cloud from FFVII: AC, and Orphe from Meine Liebe/Meine Liebe Wieder
Toshihiko Seki - Lui from Meine Liebe/ Meine Liebe Wieder, and Knight from Weiss Kreuz Gluhen/Crashers drama CD.
Tomokazu Seki - Ed from Meine Liebe/Meine Liebe Weider, Shuichi from Gravi, Ken from Weiss Kreuz/Weiss Kreuz Gluhen and Van from Visions of Escaflowne/the Escaflowne movie.
Shinichiro Miki - Yohji from Weiss Kreuz/Weiss Kreuz Gluhen and Tsuzuki from YnM
Takehito Koyasu - Aya from Weiss Kreuz/Weiss Kreuz Gluhen and Isaac from Meine Liebe/Meine Liebe Weider
Hiroki Takahashi - Eiji from PoT and Jounouchi from Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters
Junko Minagawa - Ryoma from PoT and Ritsuka from Loveless <--one of two female on the list
Yuki Kaida - Fuji from PoT <--female #2.  I was reluctant to put her on since I only know her from Tenipuri but I love her as Fuji. ^^
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #14 on: August 15 2006, 10:46 pm »
My favorite CV are...
Koyasu Takehito - his voice is very stunning.  He can portrayed from a very cool  masculine voice like Hotohori to a comedic voice like Ranka and Tanaka. 
(Neo/Mu of Gundam seed/destiny, Hotohori in Fushigi Yuugi, Frey in Matantei Loki, Ran/Aya in Weiss Kruz, Lion-san in twin spica, Zech in Gundam wing, Luke in Hellsing, Ranka ( Haruhi's father) in Ouran High School Host club, Tanaka (the bald driver)  in Pretear, Seishiro in Tokyo Babylon, Keiki in Twelve Kingdom ...etc)
Maaya Sakamoto - she is my favoriete female CV.  Her voice is very soft and adorable and most of all i love her songs.  I almost have all of her albums.
(Nothing card in CCS movie 2, Suu in Clover sp, Tomoyo in TRC, Hitomi in Escaflowne( her debut work), Haruhi in Ouran Host Club, Stella in cowboy Bebop, Mishio in Kanon, Lunamaria in Gundam seed destiny, Hamono in wolfrain)
Rie Tanaka - i love her songs in gundam seed destiny.  Its make you so calm.
(Lacus/Meer in gundam seed/destiny, Chii in chobits, Mitsuki in Dual, Simca in AIr Gear, Goldfish in Angel's tale)
Seki Tomakasu - he is a very funny man  and usually does funny character (Masaharu Ogata in angelic layer, Touya in CCS,  Hiromu Shinbo in Chobits, Kamui in X,  Kyo of Fruit Basket, Sousuke in FMP, Chichiri in Fushigi Yuugi, Yzak of Gundam seed/destiny, Ken in Weiss Kruz, Ryuuki in Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Midorikawa Hikaru - he is Tamahome in Fushigi Yuugi, Heero in gundam wing, kyoya in MSLN, Rukawa in slam dunk, Zelgadis in slayers)
« Last Edit: August 15 2006, 11:14 pm by sanlyn »

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #15 on: August 16 2006, 05:15 am »
I would like to add in one more seiyuu who has been in almost every anime I've watched ^^

Hisakawa Aya- known for her works such as:
        Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon, Hinoto from X, Tarta from Magic Knight Rayearth, Keroberos from CCS, Youko from Juuni Kokki, Kaoru Miki from Shoujo Kakumei Utena, and even Haruko from AIR (was it right? Haruko?)

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #16 on: August 19 2006, 12:06 am »
kotani kinya ~<333
he's the voice of suichi in gravitation
and i think he was an oni slayer.-.. on tsubasa

and he's so cute xD

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #17 on: September 23 2006, 01:36 pm »
kotani kinya ~<333
he's the voice of suichi in gravitation
and i think he was an oni slayer.-.. on tsubasa

and he's so cute xD

ano....i don think kotani kinya-sama is the seiyuu for shuichi in gravitation anime.i forgot the seiyuu for shuichi....
back to topic-my fav seiyuus will be Fukuyama Jun(watanuki in xxxholic),Miyu Irino(syaoran in tsubasa chronicle)& Namikawa Daisuke(fye in tsubasa chronicle)
they all have such a cute voice!!   :inlove:

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #18 on: September 23 2006, 03:46 pm »
Nana Mizuki !

She did the voice of Cisqua from Erementar Gerad and she did the voice of my favorite magic girl.....Fate-chan! ^_^
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #19 on: September 24 2006, 03:35 am »
Megumi Ogata is a personal favorite of mine. Roles include Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), and Yukito/Yue (Cardcaptor Sakura). I love her voice, and I read an interview with her once and now think she's an awesome person.

And I loved Takako Honda as Ashura in TRC. She was lovely (and better than Ashura's RG Veda seiyuu).
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster