AuthorTopic: The Remember Hideki Campaign  (Read 66731 times)

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
The Remember Hideki Campaign
« on: August 01 2006, 06:34 am »

Ahem, this is the official thread for the "Remember Hideki" Campaign. This campaign was founded by Becster and myself, with the goal of reminding people in the Tsubasa fandom of the existence of Motosuwa Hideki, the protagonist of the Chobits series. Essentially, we got sick of pointing out to people that Hideki is Chii's "special person" in CLAMP terms, and therefore the Fai/Chii pairing is not happening.

We are a pro-Hideki/Chii, anti-Fai/Chii campaign. If you want to join and support Hideki and Chii, you can say so on this thread.

The members of the campaign are: Capella, Becster, Emiko, Kana-chan, Ashlee, Meowzy, Rekall, SailorYue-chan, Meliwan, dark_persian, Jeannette, Kjesta, Senefen, AkaiYuki, Kuro-puppy, Smile_For_Me, Sanmine, Quimmy, Fai, Bra-chan, unglued, Tricky, and Moro-dashi.
« Last Edit: October 02 2006, 06:52 am by Capella »
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
Re: The Remember Hideki Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 01 2006, 06:37 am »
Hi! Becster here; co-creator of the Remember Hideki Campaign.

First thing's first.

*Cheesecake is subject to availability, and, considering this is the internet, currently there isn't any. In fact, there'll never be any cheesecake. Suckers!

Ahem.

Here's your treat for joining! Basically, we decided that sending threads off topic with people commenting on the sig was a bad idea and - through a flurry of insane plotting and discussion via pm - we decided to bring to you this lovely thread just for the campaign.

As Capella said; this is to remind people of the fact that Hideki is, was and always will be Chi's 'someone just for me'.

Thus this also makes us Anti-FaiChi, and Pro KuroFai/AshuraFai.

So, sit back, feel free to comment on why you like any of our pro-pairings, and why you dislike FaiChi, and enjoy your non-existant slice of cheesecake! >D

--Edit--

I think I'll post the members in my post as well, so I can update them if Capella's not here.

The members of the campaign are: Capella, Becster, Emiko, Kana-chan, Ashlee, Meowzy, Rekall, SailorYue-chan, Meliwan, dark_persian, Jeannette, Kjesta, Senefen, AkaiYuki, Kuro-puppy, Smile_For_Me, Sanmine Quimmy, Fai, Bra-chan, and unglued.
« Last Edit: September 17 2006, 09:07 am by Becster »

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #2 on: August 01 2006, 06:40 am »
Yeah!! *brings streamers and brownies*

I'm sure I'll have something more interesting to say later.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #3 on: August 01 2006, 06:46 am »
*stakes claim on first page*

Because we all know that true love is turning your catgirl into a pool cover!

I don't understand why people are so ready to basically throw away the entirety of the Chobits manga in order to ship Fai/Chii who are together in Tsubasa for all of 2-3 pages.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #4 on: August 01 2006, 06:59 am »
Because we all know that true love is turning your catgirl into a pool cover!

I don't understand why people are so ready to basically throw away the entirety of the Chobits manga in order to ship Fai/Chii who are together in Tsubasa for all of 2-3 pages.

Right, and leaving her with some guy you feel the need to flee across dimensions to escape from!

I don't get it either. The only explanations I can think of are: 1) Not having read Chobits, 2) not liking Hideki or Hideki/Chii, 3) liking the way Fai and Chii look together, and 4) needing to pair Fai with a member (any member) of the female sex for some reason.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: August 01 2006, 07:01 am »
Right, and leaving her with some guy you feel the need to flee across dimensions to escape from!

I don't get it either. The only explanations I can think of are: 1) Not having read Chobits, 2) not liking Hideki or Hideki/Chii, 3) liking the way Fai and Chii look together, and 4) needing to pair Fai with a member (any member) of the female sex for some reason.

Yup, this whole business just seems to me like people are grasping at straws to make Fai straight in any way they possibly can. I seriously have no other explanation other than those XD It just doesn't make sense.

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #6 on: August 01 2006, 07:10 am »
The only explanation I have that hasn't been said is simply assuming... Chii is the first person Fai is ever shown talking to. I think some fans just automatically took the shipping from that. Which really is silly.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #7 on: August 01 2006, 07:31 am »
Yes thank You, now this will rule over the Fai/Chii parings, I do hope Hideki will show up in TRC soon
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #8 on: August 01 2006, 07:41 am »
*salutes* Rekall here, checking in!

I can understand those who haven't read Chobits not knowing who Hideki is but I've seen some fans who *have* read Chobits be huge supporters of Fye/Chii.  It's those people I don't get.  I can't imagine Chii being paired up with someone besides him and I think if CLAMP meant for Fye to be involved with the character in the alarm system role they would have used Freya instead since she looks just like Chii but is unattached.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #9 on: August 01 2006, 07:47 am »
This is crazy. How can people not see that Fai is gay, and that Chi is Hideki. Chi made sure of that. "The Person just for me". And she said that it was Hideki, I didn't hear any "fai".  Did you guys??

Also, I don't see Hidiki using chi as a "alarm system", he can't even use her for basic computer stuff. He treats her as a person. Just how fai treats kuro as a person (who he likes to pick on)

also, I don't want cheesecake (me don't like), I want chocolate icecream ^^;; *shot*
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #10 on: August 01 2006, 07:53 am »
Oh god, I'm in! *raises hand*

Fai/Chii is ridiculous... -__- Chii is a one-man kind of lady, and she makes it quite clear in Chobits that the "one-man" is Hideki.

I don't get how this fan pairing came to be. When I saw their 2-3 page interaction with each other in the first volume, I thought of it as more of a pet kind of relationship. Honestly, Chii is like a watchdog or something to him... If he loved her THAT much, why the HECK would he leave her ALONE with someone who he himself seems to be afraid of in a country where everyone is DEAD and then continue to NOT say a WORD about her for 100 chapters? Not even when he's alone do we see him think about her.

There's nothing there. Nothing. She's a pool cover he made because he was too cheap to get one of the expensive ones at the pool store.

That's right. Fai/Chii is NOT happening, and Hideki/Chii is forever.

Now gimme some of that cheesecake.
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #11 on: August 01 2006, 08:03 am »
*munches on cheesecake*

The Fai/Chii episode was so lame. It wasn't even couple-y. It was like Bee Train was trying to imply that there's something between them, but I couldn't see anything, even when they were TRYING.

The Fai/Chii thing I've always thought is the result of a certain desperation on some fangirls' part to het Fai up a little bit and yes I just made that expression up..

Though if you look at the state of movies, so often romance is just a given. A girl will be there just for the sake of the guy having someone to fall in love with. We aren't really shown why or how, it just happens. Can anyone here really think of that many movies where someone DIDN'T fall in love? It might be a reflection of some of our cultures that some people see Fai with a girl on his lap and automatically assume "love!".

Though I'm totally for HidekixChii, both of whom I've always been neutral about. Though maybe I'm biased because I love KuroFai so much.
« Last Edit: August 01 2006, 11:22 am by Emiko »
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #12 on: August 01 2006, 08:35 am »
The Fai/Chii thing I've always thought is the result of a certain desperation on some fangirls' part to het Fai up a little bit and yet I just made that expression up..

I think you're right.  I think when people first look at Fye, they realize he's gay and then become desperate to hook him up with a girl to prove that he's straight (because apparently liking a gay person is impossible).  Chii's really the only female opinion to hook him up with since every other female he's met either already has someone, barely gets noticed by him, or everyone in the group treats her the same way.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #13 on: August 01 2006, 10:04 am »
Added you, AkaiYuki! Welcome to the campaign, have some non-existent cheesecake. And Smile_For_Me, are you interested in joining?

Though if you look at the state of movies, so often romance is just a given. A girl will be there just for the sake of the guy having someone to fall in love with. We aren't really shown why or how, it just happens. Can anyone here really think of that many movies where someone DIDN'T fall in love? It might be a reflection of some of our cultures that some people see Fai with a girl on his lap and automatically assume "love!".

Yeah, I think people often assume romantic relationships too easily, particularly between members of opposite genders. In movies and novels, there always has to be love interest, so one looks around for the nearest person and in this case...Aha! Chii! *facepalm* I'm probably guilty of this fallacy as well, but in this case there really is no build up afterwards, so people are just going their initial assumption without looking at anything that happens afterwards (see Fai not ever thinking about Chii).

This is crazy. How can people not see that Fai is gay, and that Chi is Hideki. Chi made sure of that. "The Person just for me". And she said that it was Hideki, I didn't hear any "fai".  Did you guys??

Also, I don't see Hidiki using chi as a "alarm system", he can't even use her for basic computer stuff. He treats her as a person. Just how fai treats kuro as a person (who he likes to pick on)

also, I don't want cheesecake (me don't like), I want chocolate icecream ^^;; *shot*

Unless someone has discovered that "Fai" is the Celesian equivalent of "Hideki", I did not hear anything like that.

Really, Hideki wouldn't put Chii in such a potentially dangerous situation. I think of the scene in Chobits where Chii pulls a flower out of the ground to give it to Hideki, and he's afraid that she might get broken doing things like that, and I wonder why anyone would say that Fai would be "better" for Chii than Hideki.

You may have as much chocolate ice cream as everyone else has cheesecake.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #14 on: August 01 2006, 10:19 am »
*eats some cheeseckae*

hey, on my birthday, ill bring some of my cake to the party. its going to be triple chocolate fudge *__*
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 02 2006, 07:16 am »
Mmmm! Cheesecake! *_*

The whole point of Chobits is that Chii belongs with Hideki. Just like the whole point of CCS is that Sakura belongs with Syaoran. Now tell me, if they keep SxS alive in Tsubasa, why not ChiixHideki?

I hope CLAMP will hook Chii from Seles country up with Hideki, just to annoy BEETRAIN for that filler ep they did. >3

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #16 on: August 02 2006, 08:45 am »
count me in too, Chii and Hideki should be together..end of story!
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #17 on: August 02 2006, 11:03 am »
Yes, I would like to join the "TRHC"

Now BeeTrains Fai/Chii epi was cute, in a father/daughter way, or that of a close friend, but remeber the epi had an open ending, maybe Chii will find a Hideki in that world some way or another, and that Chii in Celse will find another Hideki in that world, or vise versa. I like Chi, and I sorta feel like its a little bashing in here when the question of Fai/Chii relationship problem........
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #18 on: August 03 2006, 12:12 am »
I'm one of the less polite KuroxFai fans. :D Fight fire with fire! Or water! Water does seem like a better idea.

My main reason for knowing that FaixChi is -I quiote-  (ahem) "stupid, stupid, stupid!" is that Fai treats her like a pet, patting her head and -well I don't know what Bee Train does to their true loves- but I don't turn them into pool covers. :-/
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Sanmine

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #19 on: August 03 2006, 02:07 am »
Sign me up for the campaign!

Fai/Chii never really occured to me until I stumbled across the pairing on fanfiction.net. I never thought of the two having a relationship that was in any way romantic.

Hideki/Chii all the way! It seems silly to me to throw away a previously established and popular pairing for the sake of pairing Fai up with a person who appeared for less than 3-4 pages.