6 (46.2%)
Umm...No
1 (7.7%)
Hate it!
1 (7.7%)
Don't know, Don't care
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

AuthorTopic: Come in and discuss Tokyo Mew Mew! ^o^  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
Come in and discuss Tokyo Mew Mew! ^o^
« on: July 31 2006, 03:30 am »
I don't know if there is a topic to this series...I didn't see one... -_-

Anyway, Tokyo Mew Mew is not a very famous anime or manga, it's kind of a sailor moon kind of thing. Either way, I like this series very much...maybe it was because of Ryou.  :hehe:

The series is about Ichigo and a couple of other girls who are selected to defend the earth from aliens with their new DNA, that comes from extinct animals, which Ryou and Keiichiro accidently injected them with.

The manga is much better than the anime, but the ending of the both of them is disapointing
Show content
since Ichigo ends up with Masaya, argh  :angry:, I hate that guy, I wanted her to end up with Ryou!

So, what do you think of the series? Come and discuss it!  :okay:

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: Come in and discuss Tokyo Mew Mew! ^o^
« Reply #1 on: July 31 2006, 03:56 am »
Saw that wretched 'MewMew Power' anime on 4KidsTV...looks good but I really want to see the original version before passing judgment. If it's okay, I may pick up the manga...pretty easy to find for me :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #2 on: July 31 2006, 04:09 am »
Cool, the manga is a lot more better. The thing is that the anime has so much fillers, that ruin the manga!

Embrace and kiss me

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #3 on: July 31 2006, 06:53 am »
I've seen the original and Mew Mew Power. I must say that the dub didn't really cut or edit loads of scenes unlike CC, however there were major changes. Firstly they changed all their names (even their surnames), I think not one character had their original name >.<", secondly they changed all their ages. Ichigo's (Zoey) age is meant to be 11/12, but they pushed it up to 16 in the dub. Also, the story was meant to be set in Tokyo, but they tried to Westernize everything which made it abit weird. I recommend you watch the originals, because it's alot better.

Yeah, I agree the manga is better, not saying the anime is no good, but the story and artwork in the manga is alot better ^^.
« Last Edit: August 08 2006, 01:50 am by Strawberry »
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 31 2006, 10:37 am »
I watched the anime. I liked the similarities between it and Card Captor Sakura; primarily, the music was done by Takayuki Negishi, and Masaya was voiced by Megumi Ogata (with both her voices, Yukito's for Masaya and Yue's for his alter-ego). This helped me warm up to the series much quicker than I normally would have.

The production values were wonderful. Everything was really well-detailed and colorful, using some modern animation techniques. It didn't burst at the rims with technology, which I guess is a good thing, keeping much of the image natural. The music for the most part was okay. It helps that Takayuki Negishi used the simple charm in his compositions to give Tokyo Mew Mew an attractive soundtrack; however, he obviously wasn't provided with many high-quality instruments, resorting to synth more often than in Card Captor Sakura. Regardless, it sets a fine mood for the show. The Engrish-speakers sounded way too unrealistic for me though, that's about all I have atmosphere problems with.

The whole idea of being infused with DNA to get their powers instead of being granted with them by some holy deity makes it seem like a mix of mahou shoujo/sci-fi, which is appreciated as it creates a new spin on the magical girl genre

The story itself is likable but plain; nothing special worth noting, but it doesn't ruin the experience. The characters are pretty deep, some more than others. Comedic factor is for the most part fresh and funny ("THIS IS A PEN"). And the enemy gives you a reason to care about them. Unfortunately the ending was highly predictable, and leaves us wondering what happens with no obvious conclusion to a particular part of the story.

I find it strange yet highly amusing that five sixths of our main cast is named after an edible of some sort, four of whom are named as so in English rather than Japanese.

I enjoyed the opening theme, which had a vocalist that put effort and emotion into her singing (sometimes bad, sometimes good), which accompanied a catchy tune and a good video sequence; the ending, which featured all the Mew Mew cast as singers, was too super hyper for my liking, but has its merits.

All in all, I think it's okay. I mostly watched it for the colorful cast, not so much for the story, and in that field I was satisfied. Not an interest I'd pursue long-term, but it was a good experience.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Jen

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #5 on: August 05 2006, 03:10 pm »
I have seen MewMewpower it looked pretty good. I am still trying to get use to original.

Offline charcoalz

• Obsessed Fan
  • onew <3
« Reply #6 on: August 08 2006, 05:54 pm »
well, i watched the original..(japanese version)
it's...a bit cheesy x)...like, especially those lovey dovey parts...haha...
Show content
especially that part where the guy confesses to the main character..the strawberry mew mew...lol...
guy: *hugs girl* can we stay like this a bit longer?
me: *shivers* xP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Family <3
itoko-san: Pretty, Okamirei
onee-san: Møon Li
futago-san: kudan

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #7 on: August 12 2006, 12:25 pm »
i don't mind tokyo mew mew...but it's too much like sailor moon. at the beginning, i saw the english dub and it was a bit lame...then i went and watched the jap version. a bit better but still... i didn't like it THAT much.
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline *~LostKitty~*

• Good Fan
  • Haruhi & Tamaki looks so cute...
« Reply #8 on: September 23 2006, 10:48 pm »
I've watched the japanese version of the anime before...and yeah,it's really a Sailormoon kind of thing!!! Who do do you think Momomiya Ichigo is more suited with? Shirogane or Aoyoma ???
We're seeking our fleeting dreams in a world with no answers...

The shining blaze in my heart will convey my wish...

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
  • I love the way i am :D
« Reply #9 on: September 25 2006, 10:23 pm »
I love watching tokyo mew mew ! Especially when it's about animals! I think that Ichigo goes better with Ryou:)

No one can predict the future or decide it's fate...the best thing to do is beleive...

Offline Fuu-chan

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #10 on: September 29 2006, 07:28 am »
I hate the english dub. for the anime. I liked the Japanse. But uh, This was my 3rd manga, I love it still to this day, Ichigo and Mint are my most favorites. along with Berry ^^ shes super adorable ^^

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #11 on: September 29 2006, 07:31 am »
Yes, the english dub is quite *shudders* uncomftable. I like I chigo best, though my fave character is Ryou!

Embrace and kiss me

Offline INU

• New Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 02 2006, 11:08 pm »
Hmmmm.... x3
I own all of the manga, including A La mode. But after people told me about MewMewPower it scared me so much that I crawled under my bed and vowed never to watch it. They gave Mint, the one I hate most - My name in real life. And it's supposed to be messed up, anyways, so... =\
But I like the manga well enough. It's a bit cheesy for my liking, but it's still good. And it has it's moments. Haa, yes, you gonna love Ryou. I actually think he and Keichiro would make a cute couple xD
don't mind me, I'm just some crazy lunatic who dropped onto this board out of nowhere.

Forum Family
Zharou - Little sis

Offline mia-chan

• Good Fan
  • S+S forever until Syaoran meets me!
« Reply #13 on: October 03 2006, 04:00 am »
Tokyo Mew Mew is a bit too adorable for me, I dunno why as I loved CCS. I finished reading it but only because my little sister was buying it, I don't think I would have continued buying it myself.
I wanted to like it I just couldn't! It may be that I didn't agree with the ending.

The Blushing Couple!

My Forum Family
Oneesan - Cherry-chan

If anyone wants to make me a proper signature and avatar, you're more than welcome. Hint hint! (just PM me)