AuthorTopic: Favorite CCS song  (Read 11858 times)

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
Favorite CCS song
« on: July 25 2006, 12:13 am »
hey! let's vote for our favourite CCS song.. I know there a similar topic in the Movies section but this is for simply any song in the anime.. here goes..

1. Yoru No Uta
2. Yashashisa No Tane
3. Hitotsu dake
4. Ki ni Naru Aitsu

1 and 2 bcoz i simply love Tomoyo's voice and those lullaby tunes. I remember falling in love with these 2 songs when i first heard them in the anime but i was like only 12 year old then and wasn't that IT savvy to obtain the songs.. But i'm glad that now i've found them again..

3 and 4 bcoz they are a couple song! For those who aren't familiar with Hitotsu dake (Only One), it's no surprise!! coz it was NEVER played in the anime but it was included in OST4!! it's said that this song sang by Sakura Tange (Sakura Kinomoto) is a response to Syaoran's Ki ni Naru Aitsu (The Girl I Can't Ignore) played in my favourite episode 57.. AWWWWW.. Sooooo sweet..

For translations of these song lyrics (to English), you go to:
http://freckle.tenkeimedia.com/nl/ccs/alpha.html

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
Re: Favorite CCS song
« Reply #1 on: July 25 2006, 12:36 am »
My top 5 are

1) Honey
2) Purachina
3) Prism
4) Super Duper Love Love Days
5) Catch You Catch Me

I like Honey because it's a nice calm, relaxing song which puts you in the mood to listen, especially on a rainy day lol. Also Purchina is a lovely song by Mayaa Sakamoto & I'm a great fans of all her works and songs ^^. Prism is one of the favourite Sakura songs & Sakura does have a Kawaii voice ^^. Finally Catch You Catch me & Super duper love love days are sung by Gumi and I love her cheesy songs, yet the ballads are great ^^
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

moezychan

« Reply #2 on: July 25 2006, 03:37 am »
My favorites:

1) Purchiana (I just love Maaya-sama's voice. She's top on my list ^_^)
2) Honey (Just like Strawberry-chan, it's so soothing and relaxes me. I never get tired of it)
3) Ki ni Naru Aitsu (Well, it is my favorite episode, but it's not my favorite song  :sweatdrop: Still it stays pretty high on my list)
4) Tomoe (Tomoyo-chan always has such a beautiful voice <3)
5) Yoru no Uta (Again, Tomoyo-chan <3)

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #3 on: July 25 2006, 03:54 am »
1) Tooi Kono Machi De (This song really sang out to me...)
2) Hitorijime (Fun song! ^^)
3) Super Duper Love Love Days (I love the tune to this song...)
4) Kureyuku Hitotose (I love this song for a very strange reason... :sweatdrop:)
5) Catch You Catch Me (Lol!! This one is also really fun!)

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 25 2006, 08:04 pm »
Do they necessarily have to be vocals? Because I listen to a lot of compositions on the OSTs by Takayuki Negishi. Divine intervention, I say! XD
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: July 25 2006, 08:10 pm »
It can be any song not necessary vocals.. I love those little instrumental pieces too. Especially the song played while S+S danced in movie 2. =)

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #6 on: July 25 2006, 11:47 pm »
my top five are
1.  yoru no uta - i like tomoyo's angelic voice
2.  fruit candy - its a fun song
3.  catch you catch me - i love this op sequence. 
4.  Purachina-  maaya sakamoto and plus its yoko kanno's music
5.  okashi no uta - kero and suppi theme song.
  --- i love kero's accent and its a cute song

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #7 on: July 26 2006, 12:06 am »
Mine are

1) Yoru no uta - Tomoyo! Need I say more?
2) Mienai chizu (Invisible Map) - the insert song that is played in the "Sakura, Clow Reed and the Past" episode. I used to listen to this song alot back when I suffered from depression, and it always made me feel a little better. It's so... I dunno. Hopeful, somehow.
3) Hitotsudake - because it's pretty. For some reason it makes me think of Christmas.
4) Yasashisa no tane, Tomoe, and all other songs sung by Iwao Junko - again; Tomoyo!
5) Tobira wo akete - this opening was always my favourite, but I seem to be pretty lonely about it. Everyone else seems to love either Purachina or Catch You Catch Me...
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: July 26 2006, 12:19 am »
hahax.. outta the 3 openings i love Platina BEST!!!! so you're not alone, Ando!

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #9 on: July 26 2006, 12:40 am »
I think you misunderstood me, Zettai daijoubu. Platina and Purachina are the same (the latter is how you spell it in Japanese), but my favourite is the second opening, Tobira wo akete. You know, the one where they go "do-do-do! dreaming! dreaming!"...
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

moezychan

« Reply #10 on: July 26 2006, 06:13 am »
If we're gonna include instrumentals, I love Sakura's instrumental for transforming the clow cards, and I love Syaoran's action music <3 Those are my favorite instruments.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 26 2006, 09:52 am »
It can be any song not necessary vocals.. I love those little instrumental pieces too. Especially the song played while S+S danced in movie 2. =)

21. Yuuki no Waltz
Takayuki Negishi
Card Captor Sakura Movie 2 OST

Click here to listen!

I love this one, it sounds so professional. <3

If we're gonna include instrumentals, I love Sakura's instrumental for transforming the clow cards, and I love Syaoran's action music <3 Those are my favorite instruments.
Sakura has a lot of songs during card transformation/capture. As for Syaoran...

26. Syaoran no Chousen
Takayuki Negishi

Click here to listen!

Enjoy. It's all streaming stuff, so as long as you have Windows Media Player installed, it should work fine. (Downloading is disabled though.)

I'd list my personal favorites, both instrumentals and vocals, but alas, I must leave, so I'll tell you all in a later post. Sorry for being off topic!! ^^;

Offline chibi_seishiraon77

• ..with the feathers i gain....i will grow wings..and soar beyond all things imagined.....
  • Great Fan
  • ....arigato gozaimasu.....
« Reply #12 on: July 26 2006, 10:02 am »

21. Yuuki no Waltz
Takayuki Negishi

Click here to listen!

I love this one, it sounds so professional. <3

26. Syaoran no Chousen
Takayuki Negishi

Click here to listen!

Enjoy. It's all streaming stuff, so as long as you have Windows Media Player installed, it should work fine. (Downloading is disabled though.)

I'd list my personal favorites, both instrumentals and vocals, but alas, I must leave, so I'll tell you all in a later post. Sorry for being off topic!! ^^;

these are both really good...

my top favorite CCS are....

- Platinum/Purachina
- Tobira Wo Akete
- any song tomoyo sang (gomen....i do not remember the titles)
- Syaoran No Chousen (arigato takamoto-kun for posting, i never knew its title)

...i know there are more...but it seems i forgot them...XD

moezychan

« Reply #13 on: July 26 2006, 10:14 am »
[/center]

Ah, true. I'll see if I can find it, and yes! That's Syaoran's music! I just love it <3

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #14 on: July 26 2006, 11:16 am »
In order of most played on iTunes, its

1.Purachina (115)
2. Kini Naru Aitsu.  (actually, I have two different versions.  Adding both of them together, its 133, so I suppose this should be first, but I really like Purachina better.)
3. Hitotsu Dake (89)
4. Groovy (64) (I got really into this song, it was one of the first CCS ones I had)
5. Okashi no Uta (92)
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #15 on: July 26 2006, 03:29 pm »
In no number order at all...

- Catch You Catch Me - Classic song!   Seeing two guys acting out the entire 1st season CCS opening in YouTube sends me shivers though.  o_0
- Groovy! - Love watching Kero-chan bounce on that hill.  Makes you want to bounce with him.  :3
- Fruits Candy  - Catchy.
- Tobira Wo Akete (Open the Door)
- Tooi Kono Machi De (In this Distant Town) - I always get this song stuck in my head. 
- Honey - First CCS BGM to fall in love with. 
- Hitorijime (All To Myself) - Now, I remember!  It's in the episode where everyone goes to see a movie and Syaoran sees more than what he expects to see.  *grins*
- Shiawase no Mahou (The Magic of Happiness) - Makes me feel at home.  Yup. 
- Purachina (Platinum) - "I am a dreamer...."
- Yoru no Uta (Song of Night) - Tomoyo's song used at the final episode of the first season makes it very sentimental.  *nods* 
- Ki Ni Naru Aitsu (That Girl I Can't Ignore) - I always sway side to side while watching this scene.  ^_^ Hah...  S + S elevator episode!   *snickers*  Eriol.......
- Ashita No E Melody (Melody to Tomorrow) - Very fitting song for the ending of the second movie.
« Last Edit: July 27 2006, 05:37 am by tg »
O.o

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 26 2006, 04:39 pm »
For vocals, in order from favorite to least favorite.

• Purachina - Maaya Sakamoto (3rd Opening Theme)
    Because Maya Sakamoto is pure <3. I love the violins in the background, they add a really nice feel to the music.

• Honey - Chihiro / Sakura Tange (2nd Ending Theme)
    A really nice song, overall. The Sakura version was just adorable; Sakura Tange is an excellent voice actor.

• Groovy! - GUMI (1st Ending Theme)
    This song is really catchy. Way too catchy, and it makes you so happy. =) FOOU!!

• Arigatou - Sakura Tange (Sequence Music for Movie 2)
    Again, Sakura with her adorableness. This song is cute. =)

• Hitorijime - GUMI (Sequence Music for Episode 40)
    I like this song for the same reason as I like GUMI's Groovy!. It's catchy, and cheers you up.

For the BGM music, in order from favorite to least... (click on the links to listen to the music, Windows Media Player 9+ required; streaming only, no downloading available)

• Nukumori no Kioku; "Memories of Warmth" - Card Captor Sakura OST (Vol. 2)
    ( Episode 11: Played when Sakura is being told memories of her mother | Episode 54: Toya plays a piano variation of this | Episode 60: Played when Meilin is crying to Tomoyo )
    This is a really lovely song, and the piece aptly deserves the title. Whenever I listen to it, it brings back really happy memories. I also love the piano version that Toya played; it was really beautiful.

• Hontou no Ichiban; "My Number One" - Card Captor Sakura OST (Vol. 4)
    ( Episode 66: Played when Sakura is being comforted by Syaoran at the park )
    Well, I love this song because it's a very, very beautifully composed orchestrated variation of Maya Sakamoto's Purachina. It conveys so many feelings, and it's really lovely.

• Card Wo Tsugu Mono; "The New Master of the Cards" - Card Captor Sakura OST (Vol. 3)
    ( Episode 46: Played as Sakura unleashes the power of her new wand | Episode 59: Played as Sakura converts the Light and Dark cards )
    The warlike heroism in this amazing composition captures the strong sense of victory in the final battle. It's an outstanding track.

• Hair Ornament Wet with Tears - Card Captor Sakura Movie 1 OST
    ( Movie 1: Played as the sorceress fades away )
    This song is also really lovely. I can't explain why, it just... is. It's sad, yet happy, yet concluded, and listening to it feels like I just closed the novel of a wonderful story.

• Suddenly to Hong Kong - Card Captor Sakura Movie 1 OST
    ( Movie 1: Played as Sakura gets on the plane to Hong Kong )
    It's got that really lively in-the-city feel to it. The guitar solo player is really nice too, and the strings are beautiful. I actually listen to this when I'm playing sports games (except football/rugby).

I really love the Card Captor Sakura OST. I've indefinitely fallen in love with it. Haven't listened to much else that's been as worthwhile or meaningful. Takayuki Negishi is truly a genius.
« Last Edit: August 08 2006, 03:58 pm by Takeru Â¥amamoto »

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #17 on: July 26 2006, 07:18 pm »
I think you misunderstood me, Zettai daijoubu. Platina and Purachina are the same (the latter is how you spell it in Japanese), but my favourite is the second opening, Tobira wo akete. You know, the one where they go "do-do-do! dreaming! dreaming!"...

OPPPSSS!!!! =X so sorry.. Ando-chan.. misunderstooded...

In order of most played on iTunes, its

1.Purachina (115)
2. Kini Naru Aitsu.  (actually, I have two different versions.  Adding both of them together, its 133, so I suppose this should be first, but I really like Purachina better.)
3. Hitotsu Dake (89)
4. Groovy (64) (I got really into this song, it was one of the first CCS ones I had)
5. Okashi no Uta (92)

finally someone who like Hitotsu Dake!!!! i love it coz it's Sakura's reply to Syaoran's song.. SWEET~ tt's not juz it lahz.. it's a ultra NICE song =)

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline ~Emethyst~

• Freedom to express
  • "A True Fan"
  • Be heard!
« Reply #18 on: July 26 2006, 07:24 pm »
For now it's Tooi Kono Machi De thanks to downloading Zeldi & Dragonia's edited song... I might get addicted to this for awhile :XD:
v--- Still the tags won't budge... Yaarrr.. T_T

Testing a new set...
Forum Family (o-'.'-o)
[Older Sis] : Ashlee , littlekitty
[Beloved Shobe] : kudan
[Lil Sis] : wishingstarx
[Cousin] : Ying Hua
[Siberian Husky] : Sapphire-Amethyst
[Partner-in-Crime] : -Yurima- :D
[tr/][/table]

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #19 on: July 26 2006, 08:03 pm »
I like the BGM overall.

Makes me wonder how Takayuki Negishi will handle video games like Yuki Kajiura.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!