AuthorTopic: Re: Blasted kid... (help..)  (Read 3633 times)

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
Re: Blasted kid... (help..)
« on: July 03 2006, 11:40 am »
I major in clinical psychology and based from your description i got an impression that  the kid more likely has Attention deficit Hyperactive disorder (ADHD).  Better to consult a child psychiatrist/child psychologist or pediatrican.
Don't be mad with the kid and don't ignore the behavior.  If the child has ADHD, Its the brain making him act like that.  Yelling might not help to solve the problem becuase for ADHD child, he got what he wanted which is your attention.

I agree with Takeru's idea.  reward/punishment is surely effective in behavior training.

Here is a link that might help you.   http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/adhd.cfm
« Last Edit: July 03 2006, 12:29 pm by sanlyn »

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #1 on: July 03 2006, 12:25 pm »
OMG, this sounds like my brother. He always like that. Trying to get attection, and will do anything to get it. but, what people said above me (I don't want to repeat it, over)

My brother acting the same way as the kid is doing. And now, he is in high school, and he has never been taught a lesson. This kid needs to be disaplen (bad speller), fast. Before he grows up, and learns that he thinks he rules the world. Because, my brother is a nightmare when he comes to it.

Your sword, omg. o_o
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #2 on: July 03 2006, 04:58 pm »
To be honest

Another friend of mine suggested a punishment for this kid that his own family is currently using on there daughter, since she is constantly craving attention and acting like a baby (crying a lot when she doesn't get the attention) her parents put her back in diapers and now there daughter is realizing that what she is doing is actually causing more problems than good

Granted she is getting attention, but not the type she desires. (They're daughter is nine year's old)

I'm actually curious as to weather this would help but then again I don't know, as someone who has had his own parents do that to him (back when I was six years old) it was an evil punishment, but it did teach me a harsh lesson in reality (even at that age)

It might help, but convincing my brother will be difficult (shrugs)

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
  • Floating in a field of dreams....
« Reply #3 on: July 03 2006, 07:27 pm »
Im not in the the mafia, or the police......ask Tails.

Im glad you got the problem sorted, and i hope yo have better luck in the future XD

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 04 2006, 01:12 pm »
Im not in the the mafia, or the police......ask Tails.
I was being sarcastic, and that's not even the point.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #5 on: July 04 2006, 04:44 pm »
Can we please not have a fight start in here? >_<

In other news:

The kid almost acted up today at the restruant, an old couple kind of.. errr... they had a few things to say about the kids attitude

suffice it to say, my father REALLY doesn't like this kid. To demanding, wants to much attention (even goes as far as bugging his father when HIS father (my dad) is trying to enjoy some quality time)

Grrr..... >_<

*take's a sledge hammer*

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 05 2006, 09:28 am »
Sorry Takeru Â¥amamoto  and Kasawa Lanford, i wasnt meaning to offend anyone, and i am sorry if it looked as if i was. I dont want to start a fight, i was trying to help, but i have ahd a bit to much stress lately, which clouds my judgement. Please forgive me.

I hope the kid will learn what he is doing, but ethcs are not taught at school anymore >_<. THe father needs to teach him respect for his peers, like they have in CCS lol. That might help

moezychan

« Reply #7 on: July 05 2006, 09:56 am »
Sorry Takeru ¥amamoto  and Kasawa Lanford, i wasnt meaning to offend anyone, and i am sorry if it looked as if i was. I dont want to start a fight, i was trying to help, but i have ahd a bit to much stress lately, which clouds my judgement. Please forgive me.

I hope the kid will learn what he is doing, but ethcs are not taught at school anymore >_<. THe father needs to teach him respect for his peers, like they have in CCS lol. That might help

Let me just say this, because I am still upset by what you said. Nobody, I repeat nobody should ever treat a child with that kind of cruelity! It is insane, and crazy to think like that. Yes, children should be punished, but not that extremely. You say that ethics aren't taught anymore, but then you have the nerve to say that you should tie a child up and abandon them. You should check your ethics.

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 05 2006, 10:27 am »
Souda daiji na mono wa itsumo katachi no naimono dake

Offline Tails

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #9 on: July 05 2006, 10:33 am »
Ok guys leave alixis alone. He does not truly want to hurt any children. He is a good person who likes to joke around sometimes. Pls, let's stop arguing and stay on topic.

I wanna fly high so I can reach the highest of the heavens, Somone will be waiting for me so I gotta fly higher...

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 05 2006, 10:41 am »
Souda daiji na mono wa itsumo katachi no naimono dake

Don't know what that means but if you have something to say on the subject, do it in English.

Trust me folks...you don't want me to wade in on this battle...if you know what I mean. If you have helpful and pratical suggestions, by all means let's hear it. If there's something that you feel is wrong, explain in a civil discussion why in your opinion it is. Don't start with the arguments between one another and remember...you may be joking about what you say but others may take it seriously so choose your words wisely. Thank You.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 05 2006, 11:00 am »
Thank you Arcademan , that is very wise.

My quote is from the starting song of japenese Naruto Second season which i assumed most would know what it means. In English:

"Yes, the most imprortant things are the ones with no form"