AuthorTopic: More Obscure Anime? (no spoilers plaese)  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
More Obscure Anime? (no spoilers plaese)
« on: June 09 2006, 07:42 am »
I was just thinking of how my favorite anime ever is one that no one really talks about. I think there must be other great animes out there that the general public overlooks. Reccommend some here.

My favorite anime of all time:
SPIRAL: Suiri no Kizuna_It's an action/murder mystery type of anime.Tha anime ends without a true end, that I'll warn you of now, but the manga has an end!

Others that are decent:
Shaumanic Princess_It's an OVA. enough said. it's a tad cliche at first, but it's pretty good. I don't know what you'd think. It isn't done by CLAMP, but it's CLAMP esque.
Petite Cossette_Well, it's goth-loli. it's a lirtle creepy...lots of blood. I thought it was ok, until the last line of the anime. that made it all come together and make sense and be great.
Haibane Renmei_I haven't seen the whole thing, but it's really good. It's high on my list of series I like.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
Re: More Obscure Anime? (no spoilers plaese)
« Reply #1 on: June 09 2006, 10:40 am »
spiral --- i've seen its anime version.  I love its way of explaining things.  its very scientific.    oh the manga do have an ending? then i think i have to check for it.  i am really looking forward for its ending.

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 09 2006, 10:59 am »
spiral --- i've seen its anime version. I love its way of explaining things. its very scientific. oh the manga do have an ending? then i think i have to check for it. i am really looking forward for its ending.
it comes out in english from tokyopop in 2012, or so a site told me. I'm going to buy the japanese version and scanlate it. you can buy stuff like that from sasugabooks.com.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 09 2006, 12:15 pm »
TOKYOPOP in 2012?!! I know they plan things ahead but not that far ahead of time. Trust me.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #4 on: June 09 2006, 11:44 pm »
it comes out in english from tokyopop in 2012, or so a site told me. I'm going to buy the japanese version and scanlate it. you can buy stuff like that from sasugabooks.com.
2012?  6 years from now... then i'll hunt for chinese version instead.  its a lot cheaper than TokyoPop comic.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 10 2006, 01:08 pm »
Contrary to the above posts, TOKYOPOP isn't releasing it in 2012. If they do, it isn't going to take them 6 years to license it and translate it. Use your thinking caps people!!!

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 12 2006, 06:27 am »
Contrary to the above posts, TOKYOPOP isn't releasing it in 2012. If they do, it isn't going to take them 6 years to license it and translate it. Use your thinking caps people!!!
well, I thought about it. My friend and I both found it on a site. I told her that they wouldn't wait until then, but she argued me on it, until it became plausible. I dunno...I think that's a rediculous ammount of time. I think they might have been waiting for the series to end, but I really don't see the point in waiting 6 yearas, BUT they did liscense it. It's not MY fault that that's the info I got.
Don't shoot the messenger. You can believe it or not. I'm skeptical...
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 12 2006, 06:59 am »
well, I thought about it. My friend and I both found it on a site. I told her that they wouldn't wait until then, but she argued me on it, until it became plausible. I dunno...I think that's a rediculous ammount of time. I think they might have been waiting for the series to end, but I really don't see the point in waiting 6 yearas, BUT they did liscense it. It's not MY fault that that's the info I got.
Don't shoot the messenger. You can believe it or not. I'm skeptical...

I don't believe the 6 years. Why? I have my sources and that's all I can say about that for now.
Now let's drop this and get back on topic (Boy, I've been saying that alot lately!!!)

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
  • Floating in a field of dreams....
« Reply #8 on: June 12 2006, 09:31 am »
Spiral has kool graphics

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 13 2006, 04:35 am »
Spiral has kool graphics
that it does. and good animation.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Nyoko

• ........Nani?
  • Super Fan
  • ......Nani?
« Reply #10 on: June 13 2006, 06:02 am »
Another one that no one knows or talks about is Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokuro-Chan. It is my third favorite anime and it is halarious. Basicly, A boy is going to make all girls in the future stop growing at 12, so an Angel comes down to kill him, but doesn't want to. SO, she ends up killing him and reviving him constantly, mixed with some ecchi momments. -^^- Pure happiness...
~Crys

Offline Tricky

• New Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 19 2006, 03:07 pm »
You want something obscure....? It all depends on your definition. Anything by Yoshitoshi ABe(Haibane Renmei) is slightly obscure or at least original. I guggest you finsih Haibane and do so together so you don't forget anything. (Not few and far between.)
Boogiepop Phantom is my personal fave and is very...obscure.
I also reccomend SoulTaker if you liked Cosette, same art style.
You are special to me. Let me be your Kage-nie.

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *cough* CAAAAAANNNOOOOONNN!!!!
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • *cough* CAAAANOOOOON!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 19 2006, 10:09 pm »
Kodomo no Omocha.. T_T the anime is so good yet only few people know/talks about that lovely and funny anime...

Forum Family:

Big Sis ~ bluetopaz, aya-Chan, moezy-chan                           Forum Husband ~ Kuro-Puppy :noteworthy:
Lil Sis ~ cardcaptors_ria, babypiggy, kudan                 'Kino no Tabi Lover' sis ~ Zeldi :inlove:
Tamer~ tsukihime                 Daughter: Modo-rashi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------