AuthorTopic: Advice Column: Ask Away~ ^^  (Read 29315 times)

Offline Airi

• ~Doki Doki~
  • Good Fan
Advice Column: Ask Away~ ^^
« on: April 17 2005, 04:10 pm »
Here is the advice column, you can ask about anything, love, family, friendship, homework XD, anything! or if you have a problem, feel free to share about ^^ Because we're a big family and we're all here to be with you! *Big Hug*

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
Re: Advice Column: Ask Away~ ^^
« Reply #1 on: April 17 2005, 04:16 pm »
Oooh, most definitely!  Were all a big happy, happy family~!  [hugs you all 'til your blue]  <3  :heh:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: April 17 2005, 05:46 pm »
Neat....ok here goes

There was a Korean exchnage student I really liked, but he left last eyar to go back. We exchanged email, gifts etc...

Should I keep in contact, and try to keep up the relationship? Or just let us drift apart?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #3 on: April 17 2005, 09:46 pm »
its great to have a penpal...i dont see y you should not keep up the relationship~ :) having a friend is a nice thing :D

i sure hope my penpal was like yours...coz there was once my school had this exchange of email addresses with a school in japan, but so many of the japanese students dont reply back after 3-4 times *sad*, i was very eager then too...

i'd like some advice, my new school has cultural programmes , of which 2 i'm very interested in: japanese traditional culture, japanese teen culture. coz i'm taking japanese when school starts, i thought either of these 2 will help better understand the japanese language. i was juz wondering which i should pick....

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: April 17 2005, 09:50 pm »
Ummm....it depends on what u plan to do...

Traditional would be good if u want to understand Japan's history, and it's influence...

But Teen would be good for a more up to date look. I'd go for traditional - modern Japan is increasingly becoming westernised, so the teen culture may turn out to be western culture!

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #5 on: April 17 2005, 09:55 pm »
Well, the movies and film will prob focus on Japanese motion pics, like

The Grudge
The Ring etc.
« Last Edit: April 20 2005, 05:00 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline Sya0ran

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #6 on: April 17 2005, 09:56 pm »
Ruby-chan, I think you should keep in contact if you really like this guy.  He obviously means something to you so pursue and go on with the relationship. If he doesn't reply then I guess you should move on.  There's no point in getting pissed off at a guy that lives thousands of miles away.  ^^;

Tune, not all japanese students are like that where they leave you hangin'.  They probably have something going on like school, relationships, friends, relatives dying etc.  Either that or they just don't have the time to sit down and write a long letter to you.  Everybody has busy lives but if they wanna be that way then let them.

If you are interested in the japanese culture then it all depends on what you decide to want to learn.  Do you wanna learn about the myths and times of the people in Japan back then or do you wanna focus directly on Japanese teens.  What do the courses offer first of all?  Which of them interest you the most?  Whichever does appeal to you, I say you pick them!

Forum Family

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #7 on: April 17 2005, 09:57 pm »
Thanx, Sya0ran....I'll email him tonight : )

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: April 17 2005, 10:00 pm »
the program of interacting wif the japanese students lasted 2 yrs...thats the prob, and its 3 yrs ago now~ :P

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #9 on: April 17 2005, 10:02 pm »
Don't worry about penpals not replying...I was in a programme with french students, and they stopped replying. We kept sending letters,  but they didn't send back....

Any more clues about which to study?

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: April 17 2005, 10:04 pm »
nopez....the sessions are 30 min per lesson, once a week for 1 semester (3 mths) only, its pretty short. so i can take traditional culture for my 1st then teen culture 2nd....i'm hoping to take french culture 3rd~ :D

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: April 17 2005, 10:05 pm »
Cool! That sounds like a good plan....not sure about the french culture though....

Offline Sya0ran

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #12 on: April 17 2005, 10:09 pm »
Anytime.   :D  My middle school had a japanese student exchange too and its been what, 2 years now and I still talk to my best friend Kimiko. =)  It just shows that not all exchange student programs leave you hanging without a new friend.  ^^;

Lmao.  Seriously, Ruby-chan?  Well, try introducing yourself again and asking him how he's holding up.  Ahh...Tune that's awesome.  Short but a wonderful learninng experience!   :heh:

Forum Family

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: April 17 2005, 10:14 pm »
too true, its my 1st student exchange program anyway~ :D

but i think that french culture beats chinese business studies *ooo...headaches* the french culture has quite a vague description....films, traditions, culture, fashion...i'm more interested in the bakery portion of french though~~ :D

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #14 on: April 17 2005, 10:34 pm »
they might have to make it a full-time course~~YAY~~~!!!, then i'll have to spend over 1000 for that course like all the others (the government subsidises 9000+), but i wont mind~ :D

Offline cblossom

• Obsessed Fan
  • ccs fan allways
« Reply #15 on: April 18 2005, 02:20 am »
Well, the movies and film will prob focus on Japanese motion pics, like

The Grudge
The Ring
House Of Flying Daggers etc.

I dont like the Grudge there is a attic in my closet just like the movie. :icon_pale:
*I want to be different , so when I look in the mirror I see someone wirth wild.-Mulan (the movie)

*What do you mean your not lucky !*grabs and throws cricket in the air, then points to horse* and what are you a sheep! - Mushu from Mulan

*I can be who I want, I don't have to listen to other people or what they say about me. Im happy for who I am. I will LIberate my Dreams and Follow my heart.

*Lean on my when your not strong, I'll be the friend who helps you carry on.

*Simple and Clean is the way that ur making me feel tonight,it's hard to let it go. - The song Simple and Clean by  Utada Hikaru

*Revenge is a dish best served cold- Kill Bill

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #16 on: April 18 2005, 02:26 am »
those....come to think of it...are ghost stories arent they????? *AHHH* fake, i'm not really borthered by ghost stories so i dont bother seeing them...but i dont like them what so ever...*shivers* juz sent the application form *hope i get the traditional culture course*

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #17 on: April 21 2005, 06:13 pm »
Topic cleaned up a little due to a off-topicness
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #18 on: April 23 2005, 12:02 pm »
ok this is an advice column thing right??

well i have a problem.. although i'm the advice giver out of all my friends, i'm out of advice and don't know what to do..

my friend likes this guy but something really bad happened that made her change her mind on him.. what should she do?? i mean like should she still give the guy a chance or say no?? and believe me the thing he did was bad..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Sya0ran

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #19 on: April 23 2005, 12:04 pm »
ok this is an advice column thing right??

well i have a problem.. although i'm the advice giver out of all my friends, i'm out of advice and don't know what to do..

my friend likes this guy but something really bad happened that made her change her mind on him.. what should she do?? i mean like should she still give the guy a chance or say no?? and believe me the thing he did was bad..

Well, it really depends on what he did.  Mind telling me what he did so I can further my analysis and try my best to give you the right advice to give your friend.   :keke:

Forum Family