AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 2: The Three Badges  (Read 16180 times)

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
[TRC Arc 2] Episode 2: The Three Badges
« on: May 04 2006, 09:15 pm »
Tsubasa Chronicle (Arc 2): Episode two

This is the discussion topic for Episode 28 of TRC.

This episode is entitled: The Three Badges

* topic unlocked *  :keke:
« Last Edit: May 07 2006, 02:54 am by Little Wolf »

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 2: The Three Badges
« Reply #1 on: May 07 2006, 03:32 am »
The raw torrent is here. ^_^
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #2 on: May 07 2006, 04:44 am »
for those who can't wait for the download there're some screen shot in this blog.
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/05/06/tsubasa-chronicle-28/
Show content
i guess clamp  trio boss is on the move

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #3 on: May 07 2006, 04:59 am »
So I've watched the raw. Kinda disappointing.
Show content
Jeez, what is up with them drawing Ryuu-ou with one tooth? XD It looks awful- happened with Kurogane once or twice last episode, but happened a lot with Ryuu-ou in this episode. And Nokoru's hair looks awful. >< Nokoru's always had such pretty hair. But very slow episode. Also, isn't having that ugly fat guy who showed up in Spirit kind of a big giveaway that we need to be looking out for Kyle? Sigh. I don't think he (the big ugly guy) was in the manga Piffle, so why add him in the anime? Also, once or twice Kurogane looked like he was about fifteen or so. It was disconcerting.

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 07 2006, 05:27 am »
Show content
I thought Fai looked too young in some bits.. and there was still something unFai-ish about him. And he still seemed too depressed (I want happy Fai ;^; ). Plus Kuro seemed to have developed a back problem.. xD
Have they missed out the Piffle!Tomoyo + Kuro's World!Tomoyo ness? Or might they include that in the next episode?

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #5 on: May 07 2006, 05:29 am »
So I've watched the raw. Kinda disappointing.
Show content
Jeez, what is up with them drawing Ryuu-ou with one tooth? XD It looks awful- happened with Kurogane once or twice last episode, but happened a lot with Ryuu-ou in this episode. And Nokoru's hair looks awful. >< Nokoru's always had such pretty hair. But very slow episode. Also, isn't having that ugly fat guy who showed up in Spirit kind of a big giveaway that we need to be looking out for Kyle? Sigh. I don't think he (the big ugly guy) was in the manga Piffle, so why add him in the anime? Also, once or twice Kurogane looked like he was about fifteen or so. It was disconcerting.

Show content
Big fat ugly guy? You mean the guy who owned a cafe in Spirit, and who you saw at the end of the Spirit saga, spying on Syaoran and co? Because he was in the manga. Just not in the Pfiffle bit, I think... I didn't even notice he was the owner of the cafe, until the third time I watched those episodes! I wonder if he's Kyle's leader...

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #6 on: May 07 2006, 05:35 am »
Show content
Big fat ugly guy? You mean the guy who owned a cafe in Spirit, and who you saw at the end of the Spirit saga, spying on Syaoran and co? Because he was in the manga. Just not in the Pfiffle bit, I think... I didn't even notice he was the owner of the cafe, until the third time I watched those episodes! I wonder if he's Kyle's leader...
Yeah, that guy.
Show content
I meant I didn't think he was in the manga in Piffle- I knew he was in the manga in Spirit. I don't think he's Kyle's leader, I think he's a tool of Fei Wong Reed, passing on orders and giving FWR info.

moezychan

« Reply #7 on: May 07 2006, 06:25 am »
Yosh, just finished watching the RAW
Show content
and never was I so thrilled that there were so many CCS references or I wouldn't know what the he** they were talking about. I understood at least 85% of the entire episode. Can't wait for the sub. I liked that Tomoyo was had even more of her Tomoyo-ness, and insisted on the costume.

I was a bit scared at the ending when Syaoran tried to save Ryuu-oh, but obviously from the preview for next week nothing happened to either of them. Overall I think it was a good episode. And what really made it so great was that Sakura sounded just like the original CCS Sakura when she said Tomoyo-chan, and Tomoyo actually sounded like CCS Tomoyo when she said Sakura-chan. It really brought me back.

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 07 2006, 07:26 am »
Show content
Just watched the ep!
I loved it when Syaoran said his name was 'Little puppy'! The look on Kurogane's face was priceless!
And yup, the fat guy was clearly an addition that wasn't in the manga. And a dead giveaway...
They left out... That CCS guy who was announcer in the manga. I forgot his name. ~_~

I have to say, Fai looked a bit better now. And Kurogane looked tooo cute! ^_^
They'll be wrapping Pfiffle up next episode, I think...

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #9 on: May 07 2006, 07:50 am »
Oooohh.... My torrent is finally ready. ^_^
I didn't enjoy this quite as much....
Show content
What's up with the other villain from Jade being there? I don't remember him, in the manga. And Syaoran's fight scene wasn't as kakkoi as the manga version... I wish it could've looked somewhat like it did when he was blindfolded in Outo... *sigh* Though at least Fai looked a bit better in this ep. And Nokoru finally showed up. :keke: A tad bit of filler, this time around... but still... hyuu.

But whoo-hoo! This one's a cliffy! :D
« Last Edit: May 07 2006, 08:04 am by suu_no_clover »
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

moezychan

« Reply #10 on: May 07 2006, 07:59 am »
Show content
Just watched the ep!
I loved it when Syaoran said his name was 'Little puppy'! The look on Kurogane's face was priceless!
And yup, the fat guy was clearly an addition that wasn't in the manga. And a dead giveaway...
They left out... That CCS guy who was announcer in the manga. I forgot his name. ~_~

I have to say, Fai looked a bit better now. And Kurogane looked tooo cute! ^_^
They'll be wrapping Pfiffle up next episode, I think...

Show content
You must mean Yamazaki Takashi. I wish he was in there. It was so funny when he announced in the manga.

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #11 on: May 07 2006, 08:31 am »
Show content
You must mean Yamazaki Takashi. I wish he was in there. It was so funny when he announced in the manga.

Show content
YES! Yamazaki! I knew it something with a Y! Heh, he was so awesome in the manga!

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #12 on: May 07 2006, 08:41 am »
Yeah, I miss Yamazaki, but what I really missed were the drinkies!  It got my hopes up when Tomoyo says,, "Kampai!" but alas, no cute drunken crashes, or the adorable name-calling trend when Kuro tries to stop them, and no cute drunken Sakura tugging on Syaoran in her sleep!

On the plus side, I did notice new bgm this week.  It was much better suited to Piffle than last season's stuff.  I appreciated that.  And, Makino Yui sounded just like Tange Sakura when she said, "Tomoyo-chan?"  I was stunned and amazed! CCSness!

moezychan

« Reply #13 on: May 07 2006, 08:49 am »
Show content
YES! Yamazaki! I knew it something with a Y! Heh, he was so awesome in the manga!

Show content
Oh he was!! The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't include Chiharu-chan! That would've made it great!

Offline Magical Angel 101

• Good Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 07 2006, 10:31 am »
Show content
This episode was defaintly, slower in a way... :snore: but I defaintly need the subbed version! :okay: there were something's changed, -_- I fare as I can reamber, :XD: though, I thought only Sakura and Syoran, went togo  to see other people, and got interagated for it?  :icon_scratch: and that they figured that weren't suspects, because their liedetecter chairs, and that dinner party thing wasn't in the manga :protest: was it?  :hello2:
[img ]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Capture_moment/Losttears.jpg[/img]

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #15 on: May 07 2006, 11:19 am »
Wanted to post my reactions after it aired last night but it was still locked!  :sad5:

Well... it was good while it lasted. While the second season premiere seemed to have solved most of the problems from season one, most of those problems return with the second season's second episode, namely the "animated panning still shot" where the animators fill up a good minute or so by simply drawing one group pic, pan the camera from left to right and just animate the character's mouths. The last episode had none of these but seriously, every shot in this episode was like this... and the episode suffered. A lot.

I will give the animators credit where it's due though and say that all the character's looked like themeselves. Not one odd looking person in this episode. Syaoran and Ryuu-ou in particular looked great as did Tomoyo.

The music was great as always but this episode had some very questionable sound editing going on. For example, very early in the ep there's a 10 minute or so long scene with a lot of characters talking and right in the middle for no reason at all, the funky music starts playing in the background. It's like someone realised how boring the scene was and pressed play in the editing suit.

A very disapointing episode. A lot of wasted screentime where almost half of the episode could have been cut. Such a let down.

Oh, and that "one tooth" thing annoyed me too. Basicallly a lot of people in Japan think those "fang" teeth are really "cute". In a nime they're cute and a cliche and you know how Bee Train loves their cliches...  :heh:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Angela

« Reply #16 on: May 07 2006, 11:47 am »
The subbed version is out!

http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #17 on: May 07 2006, 04:46 pm »
cool episode. i liked the song playing duiring the race, is that a new one?
also, why do live evil keep mispelling Fai's name? if theyr trying to go by the official its Fay. no 'e'
i cant wait till next week.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #18 on: May 07 2006, 07:24 pm »
The raw torrent is here. ^_^

does anyone have an other place to download the RAW version....

i need the RAW version as well for my topic
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #19 on: May 07 2006, 08:30 pm »
Ahh, bummer, I can't use bitTorrent stuff, I'l need to wait until someone uploads it on mega or yousendit. :( I'm excited though, :-)
With exams starting this week, I need all the Tsubasa goodness I can get to cheer me up. lol

i''ll put it up in this topic within the next 2 hours:

http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=2825.msg152464#msg152464
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.