AuthorTopic: Anime and Manga Forum Rules [PLEASE READ!!!]  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Anime and Manga Forum Rules [PLEASE READ!!!]
« on: May 01 2006, 12:27 pm »
Rule concerning Spoilers...

If you want to start a thread on a manga or anime series and talk openly about it, you MUST put the words "Possible Spoilers" in the title of the thread. Failure to comply will result in the thread being deleted and the person breaking the rule warned. If you want to start a new thread with spoilers on an already existing thread, you may do so at this time. All current threads without the spoiler word in the title MUST continue to use spoiler codes in those threads.

These are the new rules set forth by me and voted upon by the members of the forum. Any questions on this please feel free to ask. Thank You.
« Last Edit: July 13 2006, 11:16 am by Arcademan »

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: Anime and Manga Forum Rules [PLEASE READ!!!]
« Reply #1 on: July 13 2006, 11:23 am »
Rule concerning scanlations...

Direct link to sites where scanlations are available will be allowed ONLY:

* If the manga scans have NOT been released in English outside of Japan.
and...
* It is not licensed by TOKYOPOP.

Why is TOKYOPOP being singled out? Simple...I am affiliated with the company so I need to make sure their copyrights aren't being violated (which is why I no longer have the scans over at Arcademan Universe)

You MAY tell people where you got them but do NOT provide a direct link to the site. PM or email anyone who is interested or needs a direct link. There is no exceptions.

Any questions on this please feel free to ask. Thank You.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 19 2006, 02:46 pm »
Rules concerning Anime Downloads...

I have no real objections to any links to bit-torrent or similar sites to animes except those listed by the rules here on licenced series, such as Tsubasa Chronicle: Season One and the xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa movies. No direct links to any Cardcaptor Sakura episodes or movies. You can tell others where to look for them or PM/email them with the direct link.

This rule will be updated and altered when needed. Any questions on this please feel free to ask. Thank You.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23 2006, 08:57 am »
RULES Update (10-22-06)

About sites with scanlations...as long as there's no scans with TOKYOPOP licensed material there, you may post a link to it. If it's in another language (Spanish, French, etc.) and as long as there's no direct links from that site to licensed material, that is NOW acceptable as well.

The promotion of and encouraging of scanlations over mangas will NOT be tolerated. You can share the information but don't sing its praises for self-promotion. That's the least we can do to respect those who worked hard to provide stories and artwork. After all, they have to earn a living as well as the rest of us. Thank you for your cooperation in this.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #4 on: October 23 2006, 09:14 am »
hum,these are the scanlations and downloading links that are usually used on the forum :

http://ladydarkmoon.livejournal.com/
http://photo.163.com/photos/chonicle
http://chronicle.tsubasa.to/
http://tsubasa.ametsubame.org/
http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga/welcome.msnw
http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/ror/

i just wanted to be sure they were all allowed (the madness of the recents chapters could have made us forget some rulesĀ  :sweatdrop:)
« Last Edit: October 24 2006, 06:28 am by Tatasenko »

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 23 2006, 10:18 am »
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle scans...don't mind them at all.

To note, the rules I posted apply to THE ANIME AND MANGA SUB-FORUM. What others do in the TRC sub-forum matter not to me :wink:

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 12 2007, 01:31 pm »
Rules concerning Anime Downloads...

I have no real objections to any links to bit-torrent or similar sites to animes except those listed by the rules here on licenced series, such as Tsubasa Chronicle: Season One and the xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa movies. No direct links to any Cardcaptor Sakura episodes or movies. You can tell others where to look for them or PM/email them with the direct link.

This rule will be updated and altered when needed. Any questions on this please feel free to ask. Thank You.
Since it's been awhile with an update to this...
Tsubasa and XXXholic have been licensed by Funimation so direct link to eps are not allowed.
Cardcaptor Sakura's license with Geneon expired last year so links are allowed. All other rules still apply. You may ask about any scans or episode downloads however if it's licensed, PM the person with the link instead of making them public. Scans to mangas that have yet to be released in the U.S. in English are permitted.