AuthorTopic: Runaway  (Read 13872 times)

FanFiction Bot

Runaway
« on: April 28 2006, 01:00 pm »
This post is for discussion of the fan-fiction:

Runaway

Story Description:

Sakura is fighing an evil elemental sorceror S&S; possible E+T

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
Re: Runaway
« Reply #1 on: April 28 2006, 01:02 pm »
good job, moezychan
you have a great writing skill!!
by me.

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #2 on: April 28 2006, 01:15 pm »
moezy-chan, sugoi!  Its a great opening chapter, really captured my interest.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

moezychan

« Reply #3 on: April 29 2006, 07:39 am »
Thank you; I'm glad you like it. ^_^

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #4 on: April 29 2006, 10:15 am »
Kyaaa! S+S! :keke: Oooh. Syaoran in the shower. *drools* :XD: Whee. Syaoran-kun to the rescue.  Will he make it in time? Or find her trapped in the clutches of this strange antagonist? Or worse.... *mutters sinister angsty thoughts to herself* O_o Oh dear. I'm rambling again. :sweatdrop:

Just one odd point - A seventh grader in high school? Japanese high schools don't start until 10th grade. ^_^;;
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #5 on: April 29 2006, 10:18 am »
It's very well done, Moezy-chan. I can't wait for more! ^_^
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

moezychan

« Reply #6 on: April 29 2006, 10:31 am »
Kyaaa! S+S! :keke: Oooh. Syaoran in the shower. *drools* :XD: Whee. Syaoran-kun to the rescue.  Will he make it in time? Or find her trapped in the clutches of this strange antagonist? Or worse.... *mutters sinister angsty thoughts to herself* O_o Oh dear. I'm rambling again. :sweatdrop:

Just one odd point - A seventh grader in high school? Japanese high schools don't start until 10th grade. ^_^;;

Oh gomen  :sweatdrop: the Japanese school system is confusing to me. Do you have any ideas on Japanese middle school names? I'll change it if you can. Arigatou.  :keke: And thanks for the compliment! And a little spoiler
Show content
I will be making this a little angsty  :wink:

It's very well done, Moezy-chan. I can't wait for more! ^_^

Arigatou Moon-chan!

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 29 2006, 10:38 pm »
Read you story and it's done extremely well. Great use of detail and storyline set-ups...great stuff.

Some side notes...as already noted elsewhere, high school and 7th grade doesn't go well. Also you should aviod personal comments during the story itself (like when you mentioned Touya going to Tokyo University contradicts the facts because it's YOUR fanfic) and similar notes should either be explained as part of the story itself or in the comments section here. It only detracts needlessly from the story.

A big plus is the fact you took time to give a summary of all the major characters at the start of the story. This helps set the scene where and when the story is taking place.

A great start to a great story. I look forward to the next installment however pace yourself and take your time and not rush it. As mentioned by others and by your Christmas story, you have great writing skills. Best of luck, Moezy-chan :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

moezychan

« Reply #8 on: April 30 2006, 03:07 am »
Read you story and it's done extremely well. Great use of detail and storyline set-ups...great stuff.

Some side notes...as already noted elsewhere, high school and 7th grade doesn't go well. Also you should aviod personal comments during the story itself (like when you mentioned Touya going to Tokyo University contradicts the facts because it's YOUR fanfic) and similar notes should either be explained as part of the story itself or in the comments section here. It only detracts needlessly from the story.

A big plus is the fact you took time to give a summary of all the major characters at the start of the story. This helps set the scene where and when the story is taking place.

A great start to a great story. I look forward to the next installment however pace yourself and take your time and not rush it. As mentioned by others and by your Christmas story, you have great writing skills. Best of luck, Moezy-chan :)

Thank you for the constructed criticism Arcademan. I'll make sure to add your points to the next chapter. And don't worry about me rushing it. I expect this story to have at least 20-25 chapters. It's going to be a long journey for our young cardcaptor. I also appreciate you reading the character summaries. Also thank you for the compliment. It's comments like that that give me the inspriation to continue writing.

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #9 on: April 30 2006, 12:17 pm »
It's looking good. ^_^ Nice with the suspense.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #10 on: May 05 2006, 03:28 am »
I love it moezy-chan. I can't wait until the next chapters. Its really good. Best Part, shower! :lol: it was all good
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

moezychan

« Reply #11 on: May 05 2006, 05:06 am »
Thank you to all who responded. Expect the next chapter in less than a week. This is my last week of college and then I have 1 more final and I'll be done. After that inspiration will surely hit! I have it all planned out, I just need to type it up.  :wink:

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #12 on: May 05 2006, 06:35 am »
I can't wait ^_^ you are a really good writer!!
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy

Offline Jen

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #13 on: May 16 2006, 09:18 am »
I like the opening chapter and  you are a excellent  writer. I am really  looking forward for the next chapters

moezychan

« Reply #14 on: May 19 2006, 03:35 pm »
Yosh, second chapter has already been posted. Please read, comment, and give any constructed criticism you may have!

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #15 on: May 20 2006, 09:09 am »
You're doing good so far. ^^ I do wish that some paragraphs could be a bit longer. Keep going! ^^

moezychan

« Reply #16 on: May 20 2006, 10:59 am »
You're doing good so far. ^^ I do wish that some paragraphs could be a bit longer. Keep going! ^^

Arigatou. ^_^ I will make the chapters and paragraphs longer as the fanfic continues. I usually start off short and then extend it.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 20 2006, 12:48 pm »
Great follow-up to the first chapter. I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the paragraphs since the conversation between the characters are going back and forth frequently...the story had a very good and steady flow to it.

The word 'plane' is misspelled as 'plain' but that's the only fault I've seen. You may consider using italiced letters when thoughts are being said...to show difference between thoughts and actual speech however that's more of a suggestion than a rule. I use that system in all of my online stories.

Great use of emotions between everyone and look forward to the next installment. Well done :)

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

moezychan

« Reply #18 on: May 20 2006, 12:55 pm »
Thank you for pointing that out, and for the suggestions. I'll consider using that in the next chapter. And I look forward to your comments on my next chapter.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 20 2006, 01:27 pm »
Also to add...having the doctor come out and say that Sakura 'survived' the surgery...you may want to re-phrase that comment. For some reason, that statement sounds a bit cold. Perhaps something more subtle to describe the moment may work better...like 'Sakura's surgery went well and I believe she will pull through.' or something similar to that. After all, doctors are suppose to install comfort in their words as well as medical aid.

moezychan

« Reply #20 on: May 20 2006, 01:29 pm »
Also to add...having the doctor come out and say that Sakura 'survived' the surgery...you may want to re-phrase that comment. For some reason, that statement sounds a bit cold. Perhaps something more subtle to describe the moment may work better...like 'Sakura's surgery went well and I believe she will pull through.' or something similar to that. After all, doctors are suppose to install comfort in their words as well as medical aid.

Ah, thank you. Let's just say I've have a bad history with doctors. I'll change that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 05 2006, 12:47 pm »
Excellent chapter, moezy-chan. Look forward to seeing more :)

moezychan

« Reply #22 on: July 07 2006, 12:48 pm »
Thank you so much Arcademan. I should have the next chapter up soon. I give it 1-2 weeks this time. I'm inspired enough to do it.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #23 on: July 13 2006, 05:40 am »
*Starts crying*
OMG, SSSAAAKKKUUURRRAA :cry:

It is a great chapter, moezy-chan. I can't wait until the next one.
center]

Forum Family

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 13 2006, 06:15 am »
nice story :)
looking forward to read more!