AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 1: The Dangerous Race  (Read 63157 times)

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
[TRC Arc 2] Episode 1: The Dangerous Race
« on: April 26 2006, 10:26 am »
Tsubasa Chronicle (Arc 2): Episode one

This is the discussion topic for Episode 27 of TRC.

This episode is entitled: The Dangerous Race
- Episode aired, topic unlocked
« Last Edit: May 04 2006, 09:14 pm by Okamirei »

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: [TRC Arc 2]Episode 1: A Dangerous Race
« Reply #1 on: April 29 2006, 08:33 pm »
I just finished watching Episode 27 also known as the season 2 premiere and let me say that if this is an example of what season 2 we're all going to be in for a treat! Almost every problem that existed in the first season has been fixed. The pace of this episode is super fast. I was amazed at how much they fit into one episode! We get Syaoran's vision with the other Syaoran, a conversation with Yuko, Tomoyo's introduct7on, a whole space race from start to finish as well as character moments in between!

The animation appears to have been upgraded with Syaoran in particular looking the best he's looked in the series. Sakura looks great though very different from the last season. Kurogane has been perfected and Faye is Faye. Mokona, who suffered from some terrible renderings last season looks great here as does Yuko who looks like her manga counterpart.

As the volumes of the English manga featuring Piffle havn't been released yet I can't really compare story points but I can say that the story here simply worked very well.

The music style from the first season has been kept (thank God as that rocked) and several new tracks have been included which means we'll be getting a few more soundtracks released in the future. Woo Hoo!

Now what about the opening and closing credits? Both a HUGE improvement over the first seasons! While I liked Blaze, I found several aspects of it like Sakura biting and apple and waving to be terribly cliche and annoying. The same with Loop which while the song was amazing the visual just seemed like a combination of all the ending credits from Bee Trains other series (most notably the .hack ones). IT'S (the new opening) is fresh and fastly paced and shows us an interesting concept of the gang fighting themselves. Well their shadows anyway. There's lots off cool fashion shots and... I find this really shows us what the show is about. It's spirit anyway.

The new ending, Kazemachi Jet is also an improvement and shows us an inspired look into the past off all the characters! I was amazed at the quality of animation in the Sakura and Syaoran shots and then they show us chibi flashbacks of Kurogane and Faye! What a bonus! I thought it was a bit strange that Mokona's flashback had him sitting next to a cat on Yuko's lap instead of Larg (the black Mokona). Especially since Larg was shown in Episode 2. Still, it looked amazing!

This whole episode just felt so... fresh.

Let's hope the rest of the season (and the third season!) lives up to this one!
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #2 on: April 29 2006, 08:39 pm »
the black one has a name ? O.o i thought that it was named Mokona modoki as well....

i cant wait for the sub torrent to be released...i think i look at the baka updates page every 10 minutes :sweatdrop:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #3 on: April 29 2006, 09:01 pm »
where can i find the RAW?
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #4 on: April 29 2006, 09:45 pm »
I don't think there is a raw yet. I saw it on tv.  :D

They normally come out around 6-12 hours after it airs though.

As for the Mokonas, yeah the white one is called Soel and the black on, Larg. But people call them Mokona as a kind of second name.
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 30 2006, 03:23 am »
Eeeeeeee! *has lost the ability to speak from too much squealing!!*

Wow *___* Seriously. *calms down* Sorry, young Fai (and Kuro) at the end was just.... *eyes are teary from squealing*
That was awesome! If only I knew what they were saying XD Maybe if I calm down a bit more I can make a coherent post.
---
okay. Slightly calmer xD So..
Show content
Oh, wow. Yes. Mm XD
The opening - fantastic. I liked this one a bit better than the 1st, mainly because it was less.. lame? (The Sakura biting into an apple thing made me cringe everytime I watched it n-n;) And I loved the whole fighting themselves idea (its really fitting, especially with Fai)
and oh! The first thing I saw when I pressed play was Kuuroo&Faai ^__^ Heeh. That was nice ;D
It seemed like alot of stuff was being introduced quicker - I thought the Syaoran-Syaoran2 first meeting didnt happen til later on for example..?
And Fai getting really freaked at what Kuro said (I dont know what that was yet though, something about Ashura, ye? XD) was interesting..
I loved the group in that car scene, but the Kurogane/Tomoyo-ness disturbed me because.. Well, I dont like KuroTomo. ^^;
And who was the guy that uh.. *tries to remember her name* the woman with FWR was talking to? I cant remember them in the manga.. (but Ive only read the Piffle arc once so maybe thats just my memory).
Fai seemed a bit less happy in this one.. more emo!Fai showing.. which was sorta a shame..
Ending credits were amazing. I seriously screamed when I first saw them. Chibi Fai!!! Eeee!! And Kuro! Okay, we've already seen him, but they did an awesome job anyway XDDD.. And Syaoran! Eee!!
« Last Edit: April 30 2006, 03:59 am by Znuese »

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 30 2006, 03:41 am »
Hmmm... Nice episode. Though everything seemed a bit too fastpaced at the beginning...
I loved it when Sakura 'crashed'! That was adorable! ^^

The characters all look a lot better. I agree. Except for Fai... He seems to have lost some of his... Fai charm... Though they caught his emo moment perfectly. And his sunglasses really make me smile! ^_^
Kuro-chan seems even more grumpy than usual, which is good. Cause Kuro-chan truly is grumpy.

Now, about the opening and ending...
The opening was nice. Though a bit too much battling for my taste. The song itself was okay too, I guess.
The ending was really good! Chibi Kurogane just made me melt away! It was so adorable, and fits with the actual past we saw around chapter 100. But what about chibi Fai then? What was that cute little pink creature we see with him? *ponder ponder*
The rest of the new tracks (the few that we've heard now) are pretty nice too. ^^

They got rid of the bottles that Fai and Kurogane were drinking from during their talk... Even though the bottles could just have well have been soda, I think this means they'll be getting rid of ALL drinking scenes. ~_~
« Last Edit: April 30 2006, 04:36 am by Meowzy »

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Kibou

• ~go to rakuen~
« Reply #7 on: April 30 2006, 03:52 am »
hmm..
The Opening and the Ending are really great..I love them...
The episode was nice...and the characters look better as in the first season...I love Fyes and Kuros outfit ^^
But I was some irritated of Celes.. in the Ending especially... O.o 
Show content
there is no snow...

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 30 2006, 03:56 am »
Show content
Maybe it never snowed in Celes before? Maybe something happened to cause an everlasting winter or something?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Anna

• Kupo?

Offline Kibou

• ~go to rakuen~
« Reply #10 on: April 30 2006, 04:02 am »
Show content
Yes...I thought that too...argh..>.< I want to know his past...but that is another topic..^^

Offline Magical Angel 101

• Good Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 30 2006, 04:59 am »
Fye-chan do know anything like this? \[raw]_Tsubasa_Chronicle_2nd_Series_-_01_[LQ][640x480_DivX6].avi could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box. I tryed to import in Windows movie maker, to see If I coud have the full epsiode and sounds like to me it would let but, do I have uninstalle Bitetorrent then reinstalle it, then options dialog box? maybe if know could you help me! thanks

By the way I Love it! I Love it! i Love it! the animation was great! I couldn't of asked it better meself!  Thank you for anyone knows!
[img ]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Capture_moment/Losttears.jpg[/img]

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #12 on: April 30 2006, 06:00 am »
16 HOURS!?!?!?! O_O
*dies*

Would anyone care to put up a direct download for lil' old Suu? :sweatdrop:
Or at least the OP theme? That'd be a start.
Xd I've got like 6 hours left on my torrent. I'll get it up for you if no one else does.

I'm really excited and can't wait to see it. ^^

The ending was really good! Chibi Kurogane just made me melt away! It was so adorable, and fits with the actual past we saw around chapter 100. But what about chibi Fai then? What was that cute little pink creature we see with him? *ponder ponder*
chibi Kuro and Fai? *dies* Kawaii! And little pink creature? *ponders right along*
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Akatsuki.Shinobi
« Reply #13 on: April 30 2006, 07:19 am »
here's links to the new OP and ED songs. they sound so awesome and I love the animations.

Kinya - IT'S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OoLbTm57Cs

Maaya Sakamoto - Kazemachi Jet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIA-eTFAS0c

Join the Baby Vox Myspace Group!

http://groups.myspace.com/babyvoxfans

Offline cherry_blossomVNM

• New Fan
  • I love Sakura and Syaoran!
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 1: A Dangerous Race
« Reply #14 on: April 30 2006, 10:58 am »
Can anyone please upload the episode on megaupload or rapidshare please? I would be so happy if someone did that!!! Sorry, my computer doesn't like bittorrent.... T_T I did see the opening and ending on youtube however. It was soooo awesome!!!  :inlove: I really like the one pose where Syaoran's carrying Sakura. Sry, I couldn't help but SCREAM at them. THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!! Sorry, major S+S fan.

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #15 on: April 30 2006, 11:02 am »
I love the OP and ED! The part where Syaoran is looking down at his younger self and about to reach out for him... that made me go aww.... and chibi Fai! It took me a second to realize that that was chibi Fai, haha. and then there is Kurotan...
Show content
They are going ot show his past in this season.. right? I hope so

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #16 on: April 30 2006, 11:09 am »
I love the OP and ED! The part where Syaoran is looking down at his younger self and about to reach out for him... that made me go aww.... and chibi Fai! It took me a second to realize that that was chibi Fai, haha. and then there is Kurotan...
Show content
They are going ot show his past in this season.. right? I hope so
I hope so too..
And it's so cool! This is the first time we actually get a glimpse of how Fai looks when he's a kid. XD
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #17 on: April 30 2006, 11:31 am »
http://x-raws.com/?p=203
http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=18505
Here's the raw(s)!

I put up a reveiw in my journal
http://theannadoom.livejournal.com/104001.html?mode=reply
I found out the reasons why it keeps on saying "connecting"! The problem lies with the bittorrent file. I guess it was faulty or something.
The one that isn't working and will tell you that it's connecting is this one: http://x-raws.com/?p=203
The one that works: http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=18505
Hope it clarifies some problems. XD
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #18 on: April 30 2006, 12:03 pm »
DB and LE with Tsubasa 27. Enjoy people. I hope someone puts up a LQ format soon for Dial upers.

http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/[DB_L-E]_Tsubasa_Chronicle_27_[9C44DD75].avi.torrent

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Jenx

• Flan > You
  • Good Fan
  • Dun wanna. D= You can't make me. D= Muffin! ^.^
« Reply #19 on: April 30 2006, 01:41 pm »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VR54TGU5
I put the raw on Megaupload, but I don't have the sub yet. ^.^; Anyhow, looks like season 2 is going to kick some serious butt. And little Fai is kid of creepy if you ask me... o_O I know he's flamboyant and chipper and rainbow, but REALLY now. XD
"A train stops at a train station. A bus stops at a bus station. On my desk, I have a workstation..."