AuthorTopic: Story Time!  (Read 7160 times)

Offline wishingstarx

• ~//Kaze//~
  • cRAzY fan
Re: Story Time!
« Reply #20 on: June 09 2006, 04:23 am »
Eh, not a legend, but a true story. ^^
If you were to travel to Sibuya, (in Japan) you'll see this Dog statue.
Back in the early 1900's there lived some professor who owned a little Akita named Hachiko. Everyday, Hachiko would come to Shibuya station to meet his master after work. One day the professor died while still at work, and when he didn't show up at the station, Hachiko waited, and waited and kept waiting... until 11 years later Hachiko himself finally passed away. People working at the station would feed and take care of him and other people would come and touch him for good luck. His loyalty was not lost on the Japanese, so they built a statue for him. These days the area around the statue has become the meeting place when people come to Shibuya, so there's always a lot of people hanging around.
For the detailed story, you can visit here :keke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiko
Arigatou, kudan-chan! It's a sad, but also great story....  :keke:

"Maybe the wind can take us, as it blows along."

Watashi no Forum Kazoku:
imouto-chan: Okamirei, suu_no_clover, Moonflower121, Star Wings
onee-san:  bie liao, Kumiko, minty, Aya-Chan, Shiunu, Ashlee, littlekitty, ~Emethyst~

Offline minty

• New Fan
Re: Story Time!
« Reply #21 on: June 14 2006, 01:18 pm »
aaawwwwwwww!!!!! I love this story!!! It actually makes me cry. Myself, I love puppies and any story about puppy's loyalty to human touches me so much. speaking of stories about puppies, two years ago, there was a Japanese movie, it's about a doggie which was trained to help the dialy activities of people who have lost their eyesights. It's a REALLY touching story! I'll try to remember the plot and post it here sometimes later. *sniffle sniffle*