AuthorTopic: My Fun Reviews of the Manga  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
My Fun Reviews of the Manga
« on: March 23 2006, 12:02 pm »
Ok,so I'm sitting here to write a review on CardCaptor Sakura 1#.
The great and powerful Starscream has offered to help me with this task.
SS:You flatter me.:sarcastic:
I got him here because he,originally being a Japanse Diaclone Model F-15...
SS:I absolutly was not!
Is a blend of East & West,and he's pretty cool.So let's see the book. You can't judge a book on it;s cover,but the purpose of a cover is to draw you in.The text on CardCaptor Sakura is Green,and there is yellow over the sides. The girl in the middle is obviously Sakura,and she is a Preppy looking darling.
She looks like Arcee. And what is with those big green eyes?
You wore a pink cape at your coronation.You also have big red optics,and I believe the green eyes symbolize a deep level of Earth based spiriality.She's holding a card which is appropirate given the title,and a wand indicating that she uses Magic.So let's get inside the book.
[turns page]And now we will examine the barcode!Just kidding,there is a nice picture of Sakura and she's a cheerleader.We obviously know what type of girls CLAMP is aiming for.
Not your types at all.Why do you like it anyways?I think the picture is good,but the sun reminds me of Sunstorrm and I owe him a huge bet.
[turns page]Boring Legal and Credit stuff.Someone wrote in this index,it's a library book.For some reason the person wrote:Aiepiei'iehr.Then we have the self-plug.From the impression I get the staff seem resolute that the series is finished.
Get on with it!
So we begin with a splash page. A few good choice words,and the art has a serious feel.
Next we get the Title Page in a Two-Fold Splash.This is in heavy contrast to the previous one.It's exciting and confusing at the same time.
I know.These people betrayed there viewers in the first page!You should not confuse people.Another splash page,it's night and it looks like it's set in Paris.There is a cresent moon,and oddly enough I'm thinking of Islam as I write this. The next page jumps right into the action.A weird creature jumps to the top of the tower. A girl is chasing it. Sound Effects I cannot comprehend...[turn page]Did they have to write the word 'clench'?Tell me Nightbird,are all young human females morons?No. But her cosutme is a tripping hazard as we can see from the next page.Now she's using her magic at the command of the mysterious winged creature.Her name is established as Sakura.[turn page]The next pages are of her using the Windy card to chain the Jump Card.Truly an accomplishment!Beginers luck.
Page 18. All we just seen was a Flashback.We get to here Sakura's thoughts and she's introducing us to the Setting & Characters.I think it's a good plot device.I prefer it when they let the characters speak for themselves.It makes them seem real.As in a long tradition,Sakura is a normal good but not a normal girl.She is very realitic and the writers portrayed her in a way that lets her connect to the audience.Is anyone truly this nice when they are not lying?Why are children in Anime always innocent?In America we got people wanting to have 6 year olds team up with Shockwave to conquer the world.We are introduced to Cereberus-better known as Kero-Chan or just plain Kero. Tomoyo is Sakura's best friend and is also called Madison,a film artist.Couldn't taping all her accopmplishments one day prove a liability to Sakura?Some talented individual might steal them and blackmail Sakura...or worse.I think it could,Starscream.That's gold mine Fanfic material you just stumbled upon!Her brother is teasing her.My circuits might be going,but I totally know how Sakura feels.She is more powerful than Toya,if he bugs her so much why doesn't she do something about it?Not all of us are cold hearted traitors Starscream.They translated the sound effects this time,I'm glad.Sakura describes her relationship with her father & the fact that her mother died.She's rushing off to school.She's making bad time.The art is fabulous.I know it moves the senses,doesn't it?And we are on Page 26 by now.Here is the first appearence of Yukito.The writers did a good job in creating his character.The part when Sakura calls Toya a "barbarian" got me thinking about this play I have been wanting to write."An Empty Head Has No Worries?"What nonsense is this.Even with Autobots we crack the nuts open and see what's inside...And the writers remind us agian who Tomoyo is,in case you forgot.[Page 29]Now we get into the great Origin Story(c).We learn that Sakura opened the Seal of the Cards and who zKero is and that he has an Osakan accent.He fell asleep at the job!And then goes off intrusting powerful objects to the first little girl that walks in there.:laughs:And Kero gives a definition of petty evil and great evil. Otherwise known as having a good time to all you hard core villian fans.Then we get a big Clow Reed explanation,Notice how the artists don't allow us to see his face?This is a way of compelling the reader to keep going.Kero didn't trick her though.She could have refused the Staff.
Now they say that Sakura has only 3 cards.We know she has the Windy and Jump,so what's the third. Page 45 by the way.
More tommorow because my Internet is squirrly.
You are a pathetic excuse for a Decepticon.
I love you too!
The fewer the men,the greater the glory-Henry V

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Re: My Fun Reviews of the Manga
« Reply #1 on: May 03 2006, 05:56 pm »
very funny, keep it up!
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.