AuthorTopic: Transformers  (Read 14855 times)

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
Transformers
« on: March 23 2006, 10:56 am »
Talk about Generation One & Two,the Beast series,Armada&Energon,and Cybertron.
Also the first animated Transformers Movie back in 1986 & the new TFMovie due out on 07-04-07This is not a dream! The Executive Producer is Steven Spielberg, and producer Terry Murphy has a Messageboard and is getting alot of fan input.Movie is G1.

Basic Facts:
Transformers was created when Hasbro made a deal with Diaclone vehicles in Japan.Yep,TF like the Clow cards is a combination of East & West. Hasbro let the guys at Marvel comics create Bios to go with these Vechicle to Robot toys,and the show was born.

The Transformers are a race of robots from the mechnaical planet Cybertron.After the War Within,they are primarily two factions:Peace Loving Autobots & Conquering Decepticons.

Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons,and Optimus Prime commands the Autobots.
Main human characters are Sparkplug & Spike Willicky,and Spikes's girlfriend Carly.(shes a fanfavorite)Also is the Decepticon sympathizer Dr.Archeville.And occasionaly G.I Joe & Cobra...but I won't into that.
Starscream-Hoards of Fangirls adore him.He's treacherous,wants to overthrow Megatron & is pretty open about it. Some say he's doing it all for attention.Fun Note:In the Movie,Starscream wears a pink cape to his Coronation.
I love the Quotes the best.They really tell alot about the characters.
The fewer the men,the greater the glory-Henry V

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1 on: March 23 2006, 11:34 am »
"ShortPacked" TRANSFORMERS:
Transformers go Urban
How to draw a Transformer
Transformer Toys too Bright??
Transformers Fansite
Character Names
Beast Wars
Hotshot is a BORN LEADER

I love transformers, I really need to get the Transformer T-Shirt with the decepticon or autogbot logo on it.
The animations of it on Robot Chicken were aweseome too!!!
The PS2 game waspretty nifty aswell.
I wasn't impressed with the Armarda version although I do like the original Transformers, Also reminds me, I need to buy that new dvd. Maybeon UMD for my PSP.. hm...
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #2 on: March 23 2006, 01:36 pm »
Do you like Soundwave?Your signature reminds me of him.
He was a loyal minion.Sort of a rarity in the Decepticon ranks.

Ok,tell me. Autobot or Decepticon?
[this is a very important question...I won't kill you if you say Autobot but it'll help if we ever get into arguments]

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #3 on: March 23 2006, 11:57 pm »
ok.. uh.. How does my sig remind you of Soundwave? I'd love to know because I just don't see any resemblece o.O"

And to be honest, I've never really decided which one I liked more, Since there are characters on both sides I like.
 I prefer the Decepticons Logo more tho :P

--
oh yeah and I didn't notice it before (but like the 5th time reading your first post, Since It's written in a not easy to read context) I realised your talking about the new Live Action Transformers Movie. It will be great to see it when it's done and hopefully most the original actors taking up thier reprised roles. Not to mention with the technology of today I'm sure it will look awesome!!
« Last Edit: March 24 2006, 05:39 am by VexNet »

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #4 on: March 24 2006, 08:11 am »
A few reasons.
1#He was Head of the Casseticons.
2# His own words:That was...heaven.Simply the most blissful sound I have ever heard!-Sounwave,unusually touched.
3# This Soundwave Lament I found in someones Sig somewhere:
Information is not Knowledge.
Knowledge is not Wisedom.
Wisedom is not Power.
Power is not Love.
Love is not Music...Music is everything!

I don't like the Autobot logo either. It looks like it's crying.
I want the movie to be good! Geewuners Unite!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #5 on: March 24 2006, 09:15 am »
The Autobot Logo always looked really depressed to me, I never thought about it Crying and yeah it does look like that o.O

A few reasons.
1#He was Head of the Casseticons.
2# His own words:That was...heaven.Simply the most blissful sound I have ever heard!-Sounwave,unusually touched.
3# This Soundwave Lament I found in someones Sig somewhere:
Information is not Knowledge.
Knowledge is not Wisedom.
Wisedom is not Power.
Power is not Love.
Love is not Music...Music is everything!

I don't like the Autobot logo either. It looks like it's crying.
I want the movie to be good! Geewuners Unite!
ah ok, I see how #3 was like it (awesome quote too) but I still don't see how #1 and 2 are like it o.O

and yes!! I'm sure they will look good.
Do you know if they have any production images out yet?
(like what the live-action evangelion movie has)
« Last Edit: March 24 2006, 02:13 pm by VexNet »

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #6 on: March 25 2006, 10:05 am »
It's crying because the Autobots are losers and wanted to flee Cybertron as soon as Omega Prime was killed. Prime means 'leader' in Cybertronian by the way.
Optimus's original name was Orion Pax, and Pax is latin for 'peace' which suits the Autobot leader.
Even Megatron admits that Optimus is very wise.

For Movie knowledge I suggest:  http://www.allspark.com/

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #7 on: March 25 2006, 10:50 am »
It's crying because the Autobots are losers and wanted to flee Cybertron as soon as Omega Prime was killed. Prime means 'leader' in Cybertronian by the way.
Optimus's original name was Orion Pax, and Pax is latin for 'peace' which suits the Autobot leader.
Even Megatron admits that Optimus is very wise.

For Movie knowledge I suggest: http://www.allspark.com/
ah cool, nice site there.

and I take it you don't like heroes very much then?

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #8 on: March 25 2006, 02:21 pm »
No darling, heros are weak. They are reactionary and without the 'villians' there wouldn't be any heros.
I do like Decepticon philosophy, that if you conquer someone it means you are superior than them. I don't like the Autobots because they are wimps. I have been bothered & bullied too much in my life and have never struck back,but I feel miserable.I want victory,I want organisation,and above all security, Oh and Love. I simply want everyone to love me.Is that too much to ask?

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: March 25 2006, 03:05 pm »
No darling, heros are weak. They are reactionary and without the 'villians' there wouldn't be any heros.
I do like Decepticon philosophy, that if you conquer someone it means you are superior than them. I don't like the Autobots because they are wimps. I have been bothered & bullied too much in my life and have never struck back,but I feel miserable.I want victory,I want organisation,and above all security, Oh and Love. I simply want everyone to love me.Is that too much to ask?
well.. yeah that is actually. You can't force power onto someone to force them to love you. I was also bullied a lot and would love to overpower them and such, But I know I wouldn't because I have a "hero's way of thinking" that you would probably call it. If anything the Autobots are the stronger ones to stand up and defend those who need it, while the heartless Decepticons go on to destroy and make themselves superior. So If you think about it, If you want to do this you can, but you will never be loved because of it. It's your choice.

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #10 on: March 26 2006, 02:24 am »
Let nobody say that Transformers is for children!This is a great philosophical debate,but let's get back to the Bots & Cons,shall we?

Which is your favorite of the 3 main Seekers?The ambitious Starscream?Or the skeptical Thundercracker?Or maybe the strong Skywarp?

http//s14.invisionfree.com/The_Con_Stronghold/index.php?

Is also a cool site. Though Megatron lovers & guns seem to go together in an odd way...

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #11 on: March 26 2006, 04:03 am »
Let nobody say that Transformers is for children!This is a great philosophical debate,but let's get back to the Bots & Cons,shall we?

Which is your favorite of the 3 main Seekers?The ambitious Starscream?Or the skeptical Thundercracker?Or maybe the strong Skywarp?

http//s14.invisionfree.com/The_Con_Stronghold/index.php?

Is also a cool site. Though Megatron lovers & guns seem to go together in an odd way...
Transformers : Buckets of Blood (not for children) haha

and as for your question:
Starscream obviously. no need for debate.
and did you see him in the dreamwave comic? wow.. now that art is awesome!

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #12 on: March 26 2006, 07:49 am »
Jim Lee artwork is a fan-favorite. I believe he's working on Superman for DC now.Dreamwave went under due to financial difficulties.(in the Indie comic field this happens alot)

I read on the Allspark,and can you believe that Hasbro doesn't own the rights to Ratchet anymore?
I wonder if they'll call him Red Alert in the Movie instead.

Cool TF quote:The verdict...isss...inoccent.Throw them to the Sharkticons!-Quintesson Judges.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #13 on: March 26 2006, 08:45 am »
hm, I think Jim Lee wasn't very good as a Transformers artist. I think he should stick to (what I think is his best artwork) with Superman and Batman, Also his X-Men work is also one of my favorites. I just didn't like his style with Transformers.

some of my fav FanArts of Transformers come from a guy by the name of dcJosh.
Prime Transmission
JetFire
Ultimate Prime
Master Megatron
Orion Pax
Primus Redux
City Defender
Galaxy Convey

and so many more...

So there's some rumors surfacing about the upcoming live-action Transformers film. From spoooky unknown sources. You know the drill. But I like this rumor. From a list of possible casting information:

"Maggie - female, really hot, really smart, works as a codebreaker for the government."

Oh, I can get behind this.
« Last Edit: March 27 2006, 10:55 am by VexNet »

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #14 on: March 27 2006, 11:52 am »
Poor Maggie will have to decipher Cybertronian. And Soundwave will try to kill her.I just know it.
I am alittle worried about the emphasis the filmmakers are having on the human characters.Lots of people have told me. "Humans are not what Transformers is all about."

But I hate Arcee. Pink fembots must die! :evil:
What do you think about her?

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: March 27 2006, 03:16 pm »
Poor Maggie will have to decipher Cybertronian. And Soundwave will try to kill her.I just know it.
I am alittle worried about the emphasis the filmmakers are having on the human characters.Lots of people have told me. "Humans are not what Transformers is all about."

But I hate Arcee. Pink fembots must die! :evil:
What do you think about her?
hey! nothing wrong with Pink Robots!! I personally like Megatron cos of the shiny silverness <3 <3

And I guess the filmmakers are emphasising Humans to try to appeal to more people to get some human emotion? Whatever it is it's a bit silly since it's a Transformers movie, Not Humans & Transformers Unite!!

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #16 on: March 29 2006, 10:53 am »
The interesting(though not surprising) thing that I am finding out is that is that most Decepticon fans are conservatives.Some even in the army.

Paraphrasing Murphy:
You want to see robots kicking each others -----?Fine.You have the DVD of the cartoon series,the Movie,and the anniversery editions of the DVD.This is going to be a blockbuster summer movie,which means there will be humans and they will be intereacting with the Transformers!

I am uncertain if that's a good thing. Murphy seems to think he's going to make alot of money from the General Audience by emphasising humans.You know what?I don't think it will work. X-Men didn't emphasis humans,practically the whole thing is dominated by mutants and that was a hit with the general audiance!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #17 on: March 29 2006, 11:08 am »
Conservative eh? Not sure which one of those I am, But if you need a refrence of what my Political views are, visit here.

and that does seem completly true, Hopefully he sill soon realise this too.

also THIS is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen... <3

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #18 on: April 04 2006, 08:33 am »
Do you have any Megatron pictures? The Admin Silverrose over at the Con Stronghold loves him,so I'm trying to find pictures of him.

Oh,and and you find me some Seekers?

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #19 on: April 10 2006, 08:25 pm »

LAUGH MEGATRON!!! LAUGH!!!

Megatron's goofy-grinning cel is merely shuffled up and down in an attempt to make him look like he's laughing.