AuthorTopic: Firefly  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
Firefly
« on: March 14 2006, 03:16 am »
Simple question, who here has watched/heard of/likes Firefly?

...Or the film Serenity?

I saw Serenity in the cinema and I loved it. Funny Sci-Fi? Really funny Sci-Fi? I didn't think it existed.

Apparently I was wrong.

Firefly was the series Serenity was based on, and was created by the same man who made Buffy the Vampire Slayer (...something that I never really got into.) and...it's a serious shame it got cancelled.

It's such a funny series, with the makings of a solid plot, and genuinely likeable characters.

...So, I'm now one of the little cult people who are crossing their fingers and hoping that since Serenity was such a big film, they'll have the incentive they'll need to continue the series.

(*hugs her DVD box set* <3)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: Firefly
« Reply #1 on: March 14 2006, 03:41 am »
I've seen a few episodes of the series and it looked interesting, although jumping in halfway through the series was pretty hard for me to figure out what was going on or who was who. That and I've always been too busy trying to keep up with Stargate. XD But I'd like to catch more of it one of these days, since I believe Sci-Fi channel still reruns it.

Hmm, and the movie was good? That's cool. *makes note to buy/rent it, or wait for the pay-per-view when my grandma will probably tape it* ^^;;;

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #2 on: March 14 2006, 03:50 am »
The movie was a little like a condensed Firefly. It was perfectly fine to watch without having seen Firefly, but it also makes a tiny bit more sense if you've seen Firefly.

It's not a major difference, but it's something like filling in the 6 months River and Simon Tam were on the ship Serenity.

...Serenity is definitely one of my top films.

"Well, this should be interesting."

"Define interesting."

"...Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?"

"Right."

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #3 on: March 14 2006, 07:42 am »
Oh, I saw 'Serenity' over Christmas break. 'Twas wonderful. I need to see Firefly. But I really have too many obsessions as it is, so I'm a little worried about it. From what I've seen, I actually like it more than Buffy or Angel, Josh Whedon's other works. (hides from rabid Buffy fans)
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #4 on: March 14 2006, 06:59 pm »
From what I've seen, I actually like it more than Buffy or Angel, Josh Whedon's other works. (hides from rabid Buffy fans)

Me too. Buffy was never really something that caught my attention. I never saw the fascination with it.

...Firefly, on the other hand, is an obsession worth having. XD I love it! Especially Wash...in one episode, the first episode, he's sitting at the control panel whilst the others are on a serious mission...

...playing with toy dinosaurs. XD

"This land is fertile...we can survive here...and we shall call it... ... ...this land."

XD <3

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

Forum Family

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #5 on: March 14 2006, 08:01 pm »
heard of it, never seen any aspects that are appealing.
I used to like Buffy in the early seasons (like with oz).
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline mia-chan

• Good Fan
  • S+S forever until Syaoran meets me!
« Reply #6 on: May 14 2006, 09:12 pm »
I'm a big sci fi fan and love firefly, it's a must see for everyone who likes sci fi and even for those who don't as it doesn't take itself seriously like other programs do (like star trek).
Maybe I'm a bit biased though as I love everything from joss whedon and also love stargate.

Who else thinks Mal is gorgeous?

The Blushing Couple!

My Forum Family
Oneesan - Cherry-chan

If anyone wants to make me a proper signature and avatar, you're more than welcome. Hint hint! (just PM me)

Offline Marumae

• "The goggles, they do nothing!" *flails*
« Reply #7 on: May 24 2006, 12:18 am »
Oooh 'Firefly', man it's been ages since I've gotten into a really good Sci-Fi show (former Trekkie here :XD: ), I saw 'Serenity' in theatres and absolutely loved it, so I hunted down what I could of the show and watched it and loved it. If the show isn't picked up for another season I'd be happy with a trilogy of movies to be honest.  :hello2:

____________________________________________--
(Avatar made by Susuyo on Live Journal