AuthorTopic: Transformers  (Read 14838 times)

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
Re: Transformers
« Reply #20 on: April 11 2006, 07:20 am »
I know the perfect text. "How ironic!"Megs must of said that phrase a billion times in Transformers Generation One.
Actually when I think of laughing Decepticons Galvatron comes into mine. He was :crazy:
Phychiatrist: Tell me about the Autobots.
Galvatron:I hate the Autobots!I hate Cyclonus...and I'm not fond of you either."[proceeds to strangle phychiatrist]
The fewer the men,the greater the glory-Henry V

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #21 on: April 27 2006, 10:46 pm »

Transformers casting
news, Although IGN have never been known to keep to the truth.

So the Transformers Fan Club finally unveiled their plan for their first club exclusive toy. (They've had convention toys and club freebie toys, but never one for sale to the club.) One of the club guys had a 20 Questions session the other day that made it pretty obvious we were getting this guy.

Years ago, an Armada Jetfire redecoed in purple and gray (an homage to Astrotrain) was going to be an exclusive to some store. But it was cancelled. And people wanted it. And it was sad. But we're getting him! But now he's Astrotrain. And now has Astrotrain's head.

So, uh, as I said, we get Spacewarp. Sort of. It's nice to get ANY Spacewarp, really, and apparently the trademark for Spacewarp was unavailable, so he couldn't be named that anyway. And, hey, it's not actually the original G1 Astrotrain, but Unicron Trilogy Astrotrain, a new character. So that's nice.

Especially since, you know, we're getting a completely new G1 Astrotrain toy this fall.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #22 on: April 28 2006, 07:54 am »
I love action figures!
I love cars, planes, guns,
I love good stories.
I love the whole War vs. Peace.
Starscream is hot. Buster is hot, and he's human,
And those are my reasons for liking TF.
What are yours?

And don't you mean Skywarp? And the Unicron Trilogy(there was a Unicron trilogy? I wasn't born yet) would mean it's Cyclonus.

Any figures to show off?
The fewer the men,the greater the glory-Henry V

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #23 on: April 28 2006, 08:13 am »
I love action figures!
I love cars, planes, guns,
I love good stories.
I love the whole War vs. Peace.
Starscream is hot. Buster is hot, and he's human,
And those are my reasons for liking TF.
What are yours?

And don't you mean Skywarp? And the Unicron Trilogy(there was a Unicron trilogy? I wasn't born yet) would mean it's Cyclonus.

Any figures to show off?
nope, I don't mean Skywarp. from what I read, Spacewarp was the name of Astrotrain when he was going to be exclusive to the toyline universe but apparantly the name Spacewarp was copyrighted or trademarked already.

and Unicron trilogy.. here's a short explanation from Wiki:
The Unicron Trilogy is so-named because of the central role Unicron plays in the overall story. All three series feature Unicron in some pivotal way, even Cybertron, where his destruction resulted in the creation of the series' primary threat, the Grand Black Hole.

why do I like it?
I love huge freaking mechas
I love the action figures (would also love to get them but.. *opens pockets and dust comes out* no money for them)
I love some of the artwork for it too (shallow, but so what!)
I love the stories (well most of what I've seen/read anyway)
I love how amazingly sexy some of those machines are <3

Figures I own?
Most of mine have been broken since I've had them for about.. 15 years, and to be honest I can't even rememmber the name of some of them anyway, lol.
Theres a model I've been eyeing at my local Forbidden Planet store that looks reeeaalllyyyy nice. But I don't have the money to spend on action figures or models or any toys nowadays.

I actually got into it originally when I was young, And around the age of 13 I suppose I just lost interest. It hasn't been until recently I've managed to find an opening of love for the universe again, so I've had to do a bit of research to catch up to where everything is now XD and theres so much information it boggles the mind.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #24 on: May 14 2006, 11:43 am »
haha, My friend totally flipped when she found the really early production designs for StarScream, they really screwed him up, hopefully they won't go through or they are fake.

http://www.transfans.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5286