AuthorTopic: What's wrong with cardcaptors?  (Read 12527 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: What's wrong with cardcaptors?
« Reply #20 on: January 17 2006, 12:05 pm »
Had to make a few edits so it'd strengthen my point. You'll notice them near the end of the post.

After your post on Crapcaptors and how Hellvana ruined a good thing, there really isn't anything else to add to that :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #21 on: January 17 2006, 01:44 pm »
Hey, don't completely bash CC. It was because of CC that I discovered CCS :)

I first saw CC back in the 5th grade and loved every minute of it when it was showing in Kid's WB after school at 3:30 pm ;)

But then in the 7th grade I discovered the non-butchered version and... well.... I've stuck with it since but I still have my recorded ep's of CC

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

moezychan

« Reply #22 on: January 17 2006, 02:20 pm »
Takeru-kun, all our posts dim in comparison to yours! That was spectacular! You gave wonderful reason, and backed it up with great evidence! You are certainly very mature for your age! That elegant post deserves a cookie!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 17 2006, 02:23 pm »
Hey, don't completely bash CC. It was because of CC that I discovered CCS :)

I first saw CC back in the 5th grade and loved every minute of it when it was showing in Kid's WB after school at 3:30 pm ;)

But then in the 7th grade I discovered the non-butchered version and... well.... I've stuck with it since but I still have my recorded ep's of CC

I'll bash Crapcaptors if I see fit. Don't tell me otherwise, okay?!!

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #24 on: January 17 2006, 02:43 pm »
I actually pmmed the person who started this thread. Mwa ha ha.

Although I've only seen Cardcaptors the Movie, and heard clips of Sakura saying "I sense Clow (pronounced claow) cards, Lee!!" I agree that cardcaptors is one of the biggest dubbing disasters in.... well, it's the worst, in my opinion, and I've seen Sailor Moon and Speed Racer in both languages. :)
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #25 on: January 17 2006, 04:18 pm »
I'll bash Crapcaptors if I see fit. Don't tell me otherwise, okay?!!

there was no need for hostility there Arcade......  :angry:

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #26 on: January 17 2006, 05:11 pm »
I just re-read the edited version of that and i kind of take offense to that, being American i know we don't have that beautiful culture but don't take it out on all of us. There are some who appreciate it. At least it gets to us in some way, even if its bad we are at least absorbing it. There are some who see the "crap" and become interested and search further to find the true beauty. So please don't diss all Americans, most of us are ignorant and naive but there are a precious few who appreciate it.

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 18 2006, 05:00 am »
I just re-read the edited version of that and i kind of take offense to that, being American i know we don't have that beautiful culture but don't take it out on all of us. There are some who appreciate it. At least it gets to us in some way, even if its bad we are at least absorbing it. There are some who see the "crap" and become interested and search further to find the true beauty. So please don't diss all Americans, most of us are ignorant and naive but there are a precious few who appreciate it.
First of all, when I speak of Americans, I speak to the vast majority of those who are submerged in the deep, filthy pocket of American pop-culture's bad side. My apologies for not making that clear... I don't have anything against Americans in general. I'm just using that term (lightly) to refer to those who have no clue what kind of background CardCaptors has.

Second of all, I didn't edit that (or write it entirely, as I have apparently led moezy-chan to believe). I left it perfectly intact, only making really strong statements bold. There's no difference between that article and the way it was originally written. Because if I edited it at all, I would have simply been as bad as Nelvana. XD

Oh yes, and for those who don't know who Carlos Ross is, he's one of the reviewers at http://www.themanime.org. (Need to put that into the post with the article too... XD)
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

moezychan

« Reply #28 on: January 18 2006, 07:24 am »
Second of all, I didn't edit that (or write it entirely, as I have apparently led moezy-chan to believe). I left it perfectly intact, only making really strong statements bold. There's no difference between that article and the way it was originally written. Because if I edited it at all, I would have simply been as bad as Nelvana. XD

I was aware that you hadn't written that exerpt. I was addressing towards your comments that followed it.

Offline itsafactiact

• Big Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 18 2006, 08:35 am »
First of all, when I speak of Americans, I speak to the vast majority of those who are submerged in the deep, filthy pocket of American pop-culture's bad side. My apologies for not making that clear... I don't have anything against Americans in general. I'm just using that term (lightly) to refer to those who have no clue what kind of background CardCaptors has.

Ok my apologies for jumping on top of that.

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 18 2006, 11:06 am »

This...to me...has to be the single most STUPID post I've read here!

Crapcaptors will live on in infamy and another reason how companies in the United States mess with a polished product.

My opinion...I'm not changing it...don't try and argue the point with me because you won't win :tongue:

Offline itsafactiact

• Big Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 18 2006, 03:34 pm »
wow god forbid people have their own opinions that are different from yours, why do you have to be so rude about it?

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #32 on: January 18 2006, 03:41 pm »
Time I weighed in here. Keep this kind of discussions out of public view, use the PM system or instant messenger/e-mails.

Any more bad mouthing, posts will be deleted and/or topic will be locked.

You have been warned.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 18 2006, 09:24 pm »
wow god forbid people have their own opinions that are different from yours, why do you have to be so rude about it?

I don't mind people having different opinions...all I know is mine counts more than yours and believe me...God has nothing to do with mine :tongue:

And since we've established why Crapcaptors is so bad...LOCK AWAY!!! :D

END OF DISCUSSION!!!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 19 2006, 05:55 am »
One last parting shot...old info but still true to this day:

CCS vs CC: Episodes comparisons

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #35 on: January 19 2006, 06:31 am »
One last parting shot...old info but still true to this day:

CCS vs CC: Episodes comparisons

I've been on that site before. I couldn't believe how much stuff they cut out!

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline Jen

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #36 on: January 20 2006, 12:10 pm »
that was a good article and I agree with you 100%

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #37 on: January 21 2006, 05:34 am »
Wouldn't it just be best to choose to disagree? We keep coming back to this subject in the forums....but I can understand everyone's points of views on the subject here....

I loved Cardcaptors, especially since it was the only version of the 68 (yeah, I know there were 70, but that's all that they broadcast over here) episodes that I saw until this year....and I still love it for introducing me to the series.

However,  I also realise that the dubbed version cut lots of scenes from CCS, and now when I watch CC episodes, I can't help from noticing all the little expressions, sub plots and dialogue that got taken out as it was deemed unsuitable - so now I think that the CCS original version was the best.

So there isn't actually anything 'wrong' with Cardcaptors....it just depends on your own personal take on the series, and what you prefer to watch. No one should be judged for stating their opinions on the subject.  :keke:

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline * i z z y *

• Aloha! =)
« Reply #38 on: January 21 2006, 07:57 am »
Wouldn't it just be best to choose to disagree? We keep coming back to this subject in the forums....but I can understand everyone's points of views on the subject here....

I loved Cardcaptors, especially since it was the only version of the 68 (yeah, I know there were 70, but that's all that they broadcast over here) episodes that I saw until this year....and I still love it for introducing me to the series.

However, I also realise that the dubbed version cut lots of scenes from CCS, and now when I watch CC episodes, I can't help from noticing all the little expressions, sub plots and dialogue that got taken out as it was deemed unsuitable - so now I think that the CCS original version was the best.

So there isn't actually anything 'wrong' with Cardcaptors....it just depends on your own personal take on the series, and what you prefer to watch. No one should be judged for stating their opinions on the subject. :keke:

I agree with Ruby Chan. I don't entirely despise the dubbed version of Cardcaptor Sakura. Besides, Cardcaptors made me fell in love with the anime in the first place. So I should probably give credit to Nelvana for providing me the ability to enjoy watching the series.

Though of course, the original version of this anime is better than the dubbed ^^;

moezychan

« Reply #39 on: January 21 2006, 08:42 am »
I agree with Ruby Chan. I don't entirely despise the dubbed version of Cardcaptor Sakura. Besides, Cardcaptors made me fell in love with the anime in the first place. So I should probably give credit to Nelvana for providing me the ability to enjoy watching the series.

Though of course, the original version of this anime is better than the dubbed ^^;

I'm exactly the same way! I don't like the dubbed, but it was the dub that introduced me to Card Captor Sakura. I would've never found out about CCS if it weren't for Nelvana. I've posted this many times on this forum, but I'll say it again; don't hate the dubbed. It served every anime deprieved fan a small plate that eventually led them to the banquet! Be appreciative that Nelvana did horribly! I am, or I never would've found out about anime, or even found this forum and met you guys! For that, I am truly grateful that Nelvana made Cardcaptors!