AuthorTopic: roleplay?  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
roleplay?
« on: April 25 2005, 01:28 pm »
hm...it'd be nice if we had a Tsubasa or CCS roleplay. But we'd have to keep switching roles so one won't always be Syaoran or Sakura, etc.... :sweatdrop:
I dunno, it was a little idea that kept poking me in the back of my mind  :keke:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: April 26 2005, 04:03 am »
Not sure how that would work.....

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #2 on: April 26 2005, 06:46 am »
An RPG forum would work, but we can also do RPGs for other anime as well. Also, if an RPG board is created, then we should definitely have a list so that one person gets to play the character before anyone else. For instance: Person A has Syaoran (from CCS) while Person B can be the Tsubasa Syaoran.

A register list would be very necessary in this case, so there won't be any confusion.

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #3 on: April 26 2005, 06:56 am »
Might be something for the future. We will think about it.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
  • Hiya! Nice to meet you guys~
« Reply #4 on: April 27 2005, 05:03 am »
Great idea....but one thing, we have to make sure that the person who is acting that 'character'MUST be in person and at least have the basic knowledges of well TRC and CCS...or another CLAMP series stuff....or else the content of the RPG would be pointless. Or is that u guys want to do some AU thing?
'Our love is like the wind,  I can't see it, but I can still feel it...' -Landon Carter (A Walk To Remember)

'Everything's going to be all right' -Sakura Kinomoto (CCS)

'Believe in True Love...the one you're meant to be with.'-Ashleygurl <3

I <3 Syaoran(CCS), Syaoran (TRC)~

Offline Koudanshi

• Shiawase no Mahoutsukai
« Reply #5 on: April 27 2005, 07:48 am »
I've RPed at a lot of anime-based forums, and I'd just like to say that it's better to come up with a mostly original story involving the same world rather than trying to set people in already established roles. That way we wouldn't have to worry about people who didn't get key roles simply giving up out of boredom (and it is boring just watching the main characters do stuff all the time). If this board did get an RP thing going I'd suggest that everyone should put their heads together and come up with a story that uses a CLAMP-created or CLAMP-esque world but with a story that could involve everyone ^^.
Anata wa... soko ni imasuka?

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #6 on: April 27 2005, 08:44 am »
I've RPed at a lot of anime-based forums, and I'd just like to say that it's better to come up with a mostly original story involving the same world rather than trying to set people in already established roles. That way we wouldn't have to worry about people who didn't get key roles simply giving up out of boredom (and it is boring just watching the main characters do stuff all the time). If this board did get an RP thing going I'd suggest that everyone should put their heads together and come up with a story that uses a CLAMP-created or CLAMP-esque world but with a story that could involve everyone ^^.

I agree with that one. ^^ I mean, it's good that we use the characters from CCS/Tsubasa for the RP, but even better to make up a new story with some original characters. Kinda like an AU thing.

Ava and sig by me!

Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
  • Hiya! Nice to meet you guys~
« Reply #7 on: April 27 2005, 08:22 pm »
Alright. Sounds absolutely fine with me.  :)

So how should we decide who is going to do the roles? like hold a so-called auditioning for the role?
'Our love is like the wind,  I can't see it, but I can still feel it...' -Landon Carter (A Walk To Remember)

'Everything's going to be all right' -Sakura Kinomoto (CCS)

'Believe in True Love...the one you're meant to be with.'-Ashleygurl <3

I <3 Syaoran(CCS), Syaoran (TRC)~

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #8 on: April 27 2005, 10:16 pm »
so we would be playing are own original characters ?
cos i'd like to do that with my own character ^^
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #9 on: April 27 2005, 11:38 pm »
It sounds like a great idea :) Maybe i'll brainstorm on what it'll be like *thinks*
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #10 on: April 28 2005, 06:13 am »
I have to admit. I have never played in a RP before so I don't know much about it but I know what it is and how it works. :wink:

With that fact about me given, if you guys really want an RP forum here then I'll need the help of a mod who can effectively administer it. Preferably, someone who has already a lot of experience on this and knows the ins and outs of RP forums.

And I'd like to know as well if there are many who are really interested on having this. It wouldn't be right if there are only 5 players there.

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #11 on: April 28 2005, 06:25 am »
I have been RPing for a very long time, so I know the basics of how this works. ^^ You want to know what an RPG board looks like? Go to this site: http://www.sakuramb.com. This board has RPG forums, even a OOC Discussions forum!

Ava and sig by me!

Offline Koudanshi

« Reply #12 on: April 28 2005, 11:33 am »
I've run a few RPG boards myself, though I tend to be a little more strict on my players than some other admins, so I dunno. I'd be glad to write the over-all story for the thing, since I've actually had a great CCS-ish RPG idea clunking around in my head for a while. However, I agree that we should wait to see how many people are interested... it is the very worst thing in my opinion to spend lots of time designing a game that no one plays.

Unfortunately all of my message-board RPGs are dead except for one, and I like to keep that one a little anonymous, however, if you wish to see the dead and dusty remains of the ones I ran before they can be found at:

http://www.tri-citiesanimefest.org/rpg/
http://curiouser.proboards39.com/
http://p219.ezboard.com/bclampschool34977 (this one never got beyond the very bare bones)
http://p216.ezboard.com/bcatchyoucatchme (this one is sort of based off of the idea I'd like to try to use here)

The other thing that is important for us to decide is how strict do we want to be with people? The more rules we require people to stick to, the more angry people get, though it usually ends up making a better story in the end... if you manage to keep enough players together...

Anyway, making a message board RPG is quite an undertaking, but I'd be glad to offer any assistance needed.

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #13 on: April 28 2005, 11:43 am »
Yes, even though I haven't tried playing before, I've been to many forums with RP boards including SakuraMB. :)

So, I'll just wait for you guys to decide on the RP's game rules and stuff.. :keke:

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #14 on: April 29 2005, 07:17 am »
You went to SMB? Are you a member there? ^^ Just wondering... Yeah, it's a good idea to wait and see more people interested in RPGing.

Ava and sig by me!

Offline Koudanshi

« Reply #15 on: April 29 2005, 07:38 am »
So, should we start a poll thread to that effect?

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #16 on: April 29 2005, 12:03 pm »
You went to SMB? Are you a member there? ^^ Just wondering...

Don't even try looking for me there cos I remember I did register a long time ago but never really got around to making even a single post. Basically, I was just a forum lurker.  :sweatdrop:

Anyway, making a message board RPG is quite an undertaking, but I'd be glad to offer any assistance needed.

Nice to hear that.. I'll create the poll now to find if we have enough interested players. :)